PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Binoclars

laredo318
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Anyone use these?? Looing at getting a set. I am interested in The Predator Series. Any thoughts, or opinions would be helpful
THANKS

http://steiner-binoculars.com/binoculars/binoculars.html

MuleyMadness
10-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Decent quality glass....warranty is crap at only 5 years, compared to almost eveyone else at lifetime for that price point.

Stresd
10-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Have owned the Steiner Predator 10x26 for a lot of years now and find them to be excellent glass. Nice feature is the focus wheel turn ratio making it so easy to dial in the focus to a very fine adjustment.

swampthing
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
I bought a set of predator 10x42 in time for a spring grizz hunt. I was attracted to them because they have a cool name, their price and the game enhancing coating they advertise. I was dissapointed at first but have warmed up to them over time. The first problem I had was getting a clear focus. I had to play with the diopter adjustment alot. My eyes are getting old now though. The twist up eyecups dont have solid click settings which I like. It is easy to knock them out of your selected spot, so I have to adjust them often. The flip out side peices on the eyecups take a lot of playing with to get just right. I just dont use them but at least one of them wants to flip out everytime you pull off the cover. This cover also takes two hands to put back on. The game enhancing coating doesnt enhance anything that my eyes can notice. My last problem is that the neck strap is too long. It has to be cut and re-sewn to make it shorter. If you want to use an aftermarket system you still need to cut it off of their cliplock attaching system. I have gotten used to all these little gripes and optically they are very good. They work much better in lowlight than my old baush n lombs.

mntbowhunter
10-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I used to hunt with a guy who had them (predator 10x42). They are all right, but for the price they cost you can do a lot better. Just my opinion, but I would look around a bit more. Minox, Nikon, and even bushnel make binos in the same price range, I would look at those too. And if your going to spend that much maybe budget a little more and go with the swarovski. zeiss or leica?

I just felt the steiner's were not that great in low light which is pretty crucial when your paying that much for glass.

Who know though maybe they will be great for you?

laredo318
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!!