PDA

View Full Version : Anybody chasing does here?

sawmill
10-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Just wondering how many guys are going after Whitie does around here(Kimberley/Cranny)
I was thinking about heading out this morning but after all that turkey I just don`t have the strength today:mrgreen:

TPB
10-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Just wondering how many guys are going after Whitie does around here(Kimberley/Cranny)
I was thinking about heading out this morning but after all that turkey I just don`t have the strength today:mrgreen:

Hey joe i don't wanna shoot a doe right now but ill go out tonight to give you a hand if you are thinking about it. Let me know

Jonas111
10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I here ya about the turkey. I was going to go out this morning at 5:30am but I just couldn't drag my sorry *@! out of bed.

I don't want to shoot doe's. I feel I am taking away from a trophy buck in the future. Superstitious I guess.

I went out yesterday and saw 15 does. 8 mule deer does in one spot and I watched them for 45 min hoping a big buck would come out. No such luck. Then I went to my stand and on my way into the stand I saw 5 Whitetail Does. They saw me first so I probably wouldn't have had a chance to shoot any bucks if there was any.

So in Short, no doe's for this guy. Superstitious.

eastkoot
10-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Saw 2 does yesterday both with fawns, couldn't do it.. Also really don't need it..:)

300H&H
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I bought a crossbow so now I can hunt late season. Other wise I would drop a dry doe.

FYI This years i have seen alot more does with twins. What about you guys ?

M.Dean
10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
We've been seeing lots of White Tail Does, took tons of pictures of them with there fawns this year, even my Grandson said he wouldn't shoot one, but each to there own, there excellent eating critters, but it would be like shooting the family pet and trying to eat it! We'll try for a Buck!

Kirby
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
First one that walks in front of me within range I'm gonna take it.

Kirby

sawmill
10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
First one that walks in front of me within range I'm gonna take it.

Kirby
Yeah,me too but not till later,and I will be looking for a big single.Meat is meat.Rather take a big dry doe than a big buck.Got lots of horns on the wall already.Besides,ranchers don`t shoot their bulls every year.I grew up on a ranch so I know a thing or 2.Does taste better.The turkey should be worn off by next Friday:mrgreen:

snareman1234
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Lol we hit the christian valley this weekend, which everyone knows would be a gong show,..It was

we shot 2 does,,,I didnt take one...holding out for a buck,.,but I was on the hunts lol

We shot 2 in the first 20 mins of the season...and as we gutted and such there were shots ringing out atleast every 10 mins,,,heard atleast 25shots in a day and a half....poor does lol...didnt see a whitetail after yesterday morning lol

Mr. Dean
10-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Knocking off some of these will ensure bucks for tomorrow.... There wouldn't be GOS if there wasn't a conservation concern.

I'll be 'doing my part'.
More should...

Ruger4
10-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Knocking off some of these will ensure bucks for tomorrow.... There wouldn't be GOS if there wasn't a conservation concern.

I'll be 'doing my part'.
More should...

agreed , its about keeping numbers in check :mrgreen:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I think this might make hunting for bucks even more productive with the buck:doe ratio higher. Looking forward to some rattling this Nov. Will try to shoot a couple of whities this yr and do my part for the mulies:wink:.

SSS

rocksteady
10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I have already harvested a buck, so I can only shoot a doe....Now the question, do I do it in the next 3 weeks in rifle, or will they bring back the late November to December season to d o it archery only...

I don't really need the meat either, but know of a lot of less frotunate non-hunters that would be super happy to put it in their freezer...

#1fishslayer
10-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Ill try to fill a whitetail tag! Buck or Doe.

Kody94
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I intend to take a doe. I am hoping to take mine above 1100 m. Been seeing so many in mule deer country, that I'd prefer to do my part in mule deer recovery in that area specifically.

sawmill
10-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I saw 2 dead on the hiway this morning,what a waste:evil:.Definatley going out after work friday to hunt.

buck nash
10-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Just got a bt doe on Quadra Island this weekend thanks to a lot of help from the Quadra kid. Can't wait to tuck into those little tenderloins mmmm

aliagha
10-12-2010, 06:18 PM
went around christian valley last weekend. didn't see anything in the morning except hunters, then went on to check out another road nearby and was shocked. there was a truck coming back every 15 min, 1 out of 2 truck had a deer (saw 6 doe), in one case, a huge whitey doe was strapped on top of a 2 dr sidekick's bonnet. later, saw a huge pile of guts on the side of the road.
then in the afternoon started seeing some does but i was still holding out for a buck but couldn't find any not even on the farms/ private properties. then just before dark saw a nice big doe and decided to take her, then on the way back saw another big doe which my uncle wanted. came home with 2 whitey. the freezer is full now and going to try for a nice trophy buck next.

sawmill
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
That`s the nice thing about a whitie doe season,so many of them and everybody gets a chance to put some excellent food in the freezer!No chance of wiping them out either,lots to go around.