PDA

View Full Version : cheap and clean motel in princeton

blaine
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I hope everyone is having a safe and productive hunting season so far, I am going up just north of princeton with my son to try and give him the fever for hunting on the weekend of 15-17th of oct. I would like to find a clean motel room for us to stay in for a few nights in princeton, any help would be greatly apprectiated.

thx blaine

Sundance1972
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Stayed at the Villager a couple years ago and was NOT impressed. Reasonable rates, but when i slid my rifle case under the bed, someones dirty socks came out the other side and my dad found a bag of moldy buns in a dresser drawer!! Management was very apologetic, but you know what they say about first impressions..
Friends stayed at the Ponderosa and said it was pretty decent. I realize Coalmont is a little farther out of the way, but the Gold Pan Inn has rental cabins for $60/night. Haven't stayed there yet (hoping to go at month's end) so can't comment on the conditions.

BearSniper
10-10-2010, 01:33 PM
There's a couple on the main drag right in town

Don't remember the names but they're ordinary and not priced out of this world. I think there's a cheaper motel on the Hwy just east of town near the golf course

good luck

mr eagle
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't go to the Deerview. Rooms are gross and dirty.

chainsaw
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
most of them are full because of all the out of town mine workers, so phone ahead try the ever green or best western.

Phreddy
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
right now you stand a better chance at shooting a 9x9 elk than finding a vacant motel room in any condition in the greater Princeton area. Guys moving in to work or find work at the mine are having one hell of a time finding a place to stay and the town owned campsite is even staying open to provide some of them a place to park trailers to live in while looking for a place to live.

kishman
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I believe the one I liked best was called the Pines(?). It's right on the hi-way beside the cop-shop on the east side of town.

Farmer
10-10-2010, 09:04 PM
The last 2 years in the November youth season, we stayed at the Sandman. It is just up the hill, west of town. I think it was about $90 for a night which was the hunters rate. $10 less than regular rate. The room was clean and the showers were hot enough. We would stay there again.
Gord

Allen50
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
one next to cop shop is not as good with new owners, but my friend stayed at one called the ,ceaders just past on the left, and on the river, cheap too and they have a coller to hang game in as well, good luck,,,

sparkes3
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
cedars is cheap, welcomes hunters and a meat room to boot just a air conditioner but better than nothing

laredo318
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
We stayed at the Sandman last weekend. Typical hotel rooms, but really nice helpful management. Would stay again...around $100 all in.

Iron Glove
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Wife stayed at the Sandman when our son was in the Princeton Hospital for a few days. She found the peopple really great and the room pretty decent. Restaraunt right there is OK too.
As someone suggested, Coalmont or Tulameen might have some rentals available.
But don't waste your time up here, there's nothing to shoot at. :wink:

elktracker1975
10-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I would look up ALL the motels in Princeton and start phoning. Ive heard that its very hard to get a room here because of all the mine workers staying here. Good luck!

pinebushman
10-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Dry lake resort on dry lake just north of town!! not hotel but nice little cabins and excellent hosts. Not sure of the number but rates are incredible. good luck