PDA

View Full Version : wolf

3006pg
10-09-2010, 12:27 AM
seen a dead wolf today. right on the side of a main road. understandable to shoot it with them killing all the deer. but at least drag it into the bush if your gunna leave it out there. i may be opening a can of worms by posting this. heck i woulda shot it too but i mean common at least drag it out of site:eek:

bc_buckshot
10-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I know what your saying but a little wise tail that worked for me with the coyote problem I used to have here was to hang a dead coyote or at least the hide to the barn or tree insight where they are coming makes stops them from coming back.In this case maybe the hunter just couldn't find the wolf who knows.Personaly I would love to have a wolf rug so don't think someone would really give up the chance on having a wolf they are hard to find

Stone Sheep Steve
10-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Maybe he got run over:?? Seen enough dead cats, dogs and deer on the side of the roads to let me know that most people don't drag them out of sight.
Was there a bullet hole?? If there was maybe it was to finish it off after getting run over.
Was there a full investigation??:wink:

SSS

3006pg
10-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Maybe he got run over:?? Seen enough dead cats, dogs and deer on the side of the roads to let me know that most people don't drag them out of sight.
Was there a bullet hole?? If there was maybe it was to finish it off after getting run over.
Was there a full investigation??:wink:

SSS

yup there was most definitely a bullet hole right in the stomach

lightmag
10-09-2010, 10:09 AM

hole in the stomache equals a long slow death so he probably went a long ways from where he was shot.

stitch
10-09-2010, 10:13 AM
hole in the stomache equals a long slow death so he probably went a long ways from where he was shot......x2.....

Stone Sheep Steve
10-09-2010, 11:49 AM

How about other sings of trauma?? Broken bones....lacerations??

A couple of yrs ago we sat in on an autopsy on a bighorn ram at the WSSBC (there were a couple of guys there from this site)....the ram had an obvious bullet hole in it...but upon further investigation there were signs of other trauma. It turned out the ram had been hit by a car and then put down by a CO or RCMP officer.

SSS

bforce750
10-09-2010, 01:35 PM
How about other sings of trauma?? Broken bones....lacerations??

A couple of yrs ago we sat in on an autopsy on a bighorn ram at the WSSBC (there were a couple of guys there from this site)....the ram had an obvious bullet hole in it...but upon further investigation there were signs of other trauma. It turned out the ram had been hit by a car and then put down by a CO or RCMP officer.

SSS

Probably signs of deep penetration DR. SSS:-D

BlacktailStalker
10-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Hopefully it was a female.

3006pg
10-09-2010, 07:42 PM
it had a gut shot. but where it was laying there was tons of blood so who knows it couldnt ran 1km or coulda dropped there

killman
10-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Did you shoot it again just to make sure it was dead??:mrgreen: What area?

Bowzone_Mikey
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Trav... A good dog is a dead dog ....

I came across an area that was poluted with deer track last week ... on top of that track was a buttload of dog track .... and down by the river you could hear dogs barking and going on ...

Kill em all

what was it shot with ... Obviously not a magnum as you still ID as a wolf ;)

3006pg
10-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Did you shoot it again just to make sure it was dead??:mrgreen: What area?

down greg creek

3006pg
10-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Trav... A good dog is a dead dog ....

I came across an area that was poluted with deer track last week ... on top of that track was a buttload of dog track .... and down by the river you could hear dogs barking and going on ...

Kill em all

what was it shot with ... Obviously not a magnum as you still ID as a wolf ;)

i know i would be more than happy dropping a yote or a wolf i would love to try and boil the skull to practice up a bit. i was just a little unimpressed with the fact it was right on the side of the road. like sure if it was just wounded it happens. but if it just dropped right there at least kick it in the ditch. looked like it was shot with a smaller calibre gun