PDA

View Full Version : question re: Hunting license

balian
10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone. I have been hunting for 3 years but have not faced this before. I'm reading the forum on a regular basis and finding it very helpful. I hope someone could bring more light ot this question for me:

I have bought a tag for whitetail deer. Since in some regions you can harvest 2 whitetails - 1 buck and 1 doe, my question is do I need to buy 2 stamps for white tail or it's fine to use the one stamp for both of them - using the antlered & antlerless sections? I'm planning to go on sunday when the doe season opens and would like to know in case I need to buy another stamp. I would appreciate your feedback . Thanks

chinook
10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
You need a seperate tag for each deer, regardless of whether or not one is a buck or one is a doe. Better stuff a couple mulie tags in your jeans just in case...Maybe a moose tag for the spike forkers as well, depending on where your going.

Drop us some pics if you bag any. Good luck.

peashooter
10-08-2010, 06:18 PM
what do you cancel for bear. do you cut antlerless.

balian
10-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the answer. I thought so too but was not sure. Will definately report on the trip. Should be a god one since we are going to be hunting on a private property with lots of wildlife. Cheers

Allen50
10-08-2010, 11:06 PM
if you read the game reg's you will find all these questions, in there on tags, etc, something you should do before going out hunting if not sure, sit and read and reread to find the info, and you need a tag for all game animals, as i said read read read first before going into the woods to hunt, if this is your first time,, and good luck hunting,, you do not want to lose all your hunting equipment to a CO if you tag wrong, so it will pay to read,,, like i said good luck....

3006pg
10-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone. I have been hunting for 3 years but have not faced this before. I'm reading the forum on a regular basis and finding it very helpful. I hope someone could bring more light ot this question for me:

I have bought a tag for whitetail deer. Since in some regions you can harvest 2 whitetails - 1 buck and 1 doe, my question is do I need to buy 2 stamps for white tail or it's fine to use the one stamp for both of them - using the antlered & antlerless sections? I'm planning to go on sunday when the doe season opens and would like to know in case I need to buy another stamp. I would appreciate your feedback . Thanks

one tag for the first one you shoot then you gotta go buy another

sawmill
10-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Jeez,I hate to be mean but.............WAKE THE F### UP!!!!!
Lots of good questions asked and answered here but sometimes I get scared knowing there are guys with guns out in the bush who can`t be bothered to read the damn regs.
To your question,since the new Regs cover 2 years now you are fine to shoot 4 deer with one 20$ tag over 2 years.Make sense?Of course not.
You need a tag for every deer.How the hell did you even get past the C.O.R.E test?

sawmill
10-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Sorry,that was a bit too mean.I apoligise.
Yes,each animal needs it`s own tag.

Bighorn hunter
10-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Lots of good questions asked and answered here but sometimes I get scared knowing there are guys with guns out in the bush who can`t be bothered to read the @#!*% regs.
To your question,since the new Regs cover 2 years now you are fine to shoot 4 deer with one 20$ tag over 2 years.Make sense?Of course not.
You need a tag for every deer.How the @#!*% did you even get past the C.O.R.E test?

Jesus Sawmill

Dump out those cornflakes and get a fresh bowl:mrgreen:

Good morning everyone
BH

wolverine
10-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Lots of good questions asked and answered here but sometimes I get scared knowing there are guys with guns out in the bush who can`t be bothered to read the damn regs.
You need a tag for every deer.How the hell did you even get past the C.O.R.E test?

Joe, tell us how you really feel, don't hold back buddy. :mrgreen: All kidding aside, it's good that people feel comfortable enough to ask these kind of questions on this site and get good answers, but.... I understand completely how you feel on this. With no disrespect intended to the original poster he needs to seriously review his C.O.R.E. manuals. This is basic knowledge that is required before setting forth with license in hand. Although it doesn't neccessarily speak to how safe the person is out there it speaks volumes as to how much general knowledge the poster has, especially since he's been hunting for three years. I hope he was paying more attention during the firearm/hunter safety component of the course. Balian, you might do well with a hunting mentor. Do you know anyone that can take you out and show you the ropes?

Good morning BH.

Gun Dog
10-09-2010, 08:39 AM
The regs were never meant to answer simple questions. It simply lists ALL the rules in mind numbing detail. For any question there are bits of answer scattered throughout.

Even when I know the answer I end up reading the entire thing to find & confirm. It's a little daunting for a newbie.