PDA

View Full Version : hunting around harrison lake 2-19

Karlolof
10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey, :confused:
so i am just going for a couple day hunt in area 2-19 on the west side of Harrison lake. This is just as much a trip to get away and scout but of course would not pass up a Muley!
Anybody who may have experience and ideas about the area, it would be much appreciated.
Karl

Steeleco
10-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Unless you get to the tops of the hills, your going to be overwhelmed with "weekend warriors" It's a tough place to hunt at the best of times, but the weekends suck. I stopped hunting there a few years back and now concentrate on the Coq.

Kyle84
10-07-2010, 11:28 PM
I've stopped hunting there also. Lots of partying and wheeling. There are cuts high up top on the west side that do have deer. Never seen anything bigger then a spiker there, and ive spent alot of time in that area.

Karlolof
10-08-2010, 12:00 AM
I am going mid week instead of during the weekend since i know that area can be crazy on weekends. Sounds like i should be heading up high as usual.

bsa30-06
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
NEVER......on a long weekend.......NEVER

bandit
10-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I seem to recall seeing the 2-19 guiding license up for sale. For something crazy like 1.5 million dollars!

ravensfoot
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Take the Chehalis/Harrison road, It'll get you to the back end of Chehalis 15km. Road is good right now, only a couple of small obstacles. This should get you away from most of the quadders. Then take the last road to the right, this will bring you pretty far back and I doubt there's been any pressure back there. Not sure how the road is but you would be best to do it on a Quad. Other than that, Harrison West is a pretty tough hunt. If your loking for other options there's always Norrish Creek but that can attract quaders too. Good Luck.