PDA

View Full Version : Indian arm provincial park

new and novice
10-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Anyone ever go hunting in Indian Arm Provincial Park? How does it rate?

MB_Boy
10-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Unless you have a boat....or a mountain bike it is going to be tough to get in there. You may be able to do it with a quad or dirtbike but for some reason I thought they had closed the road to that as well?

The "bridge issues" in there happened a number of years ago on the Indian River Road (access from Squamish) and they have never fixed it. I am pretty sure part of the reason is that they introduced elk up in there a few years back and I think they are happy keeping access limited.

Years ago I spent quite a bit of time in there and there are blacktails and plenty of bears. If you had a boat you can head up to the top of the arm and start to explore from there.

Angel
10-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I have spent a bit of time up there fishing and crabbing. If you have a boat then a nice hike in and look around could prove to be pretty successful. I would imagine there is hardly any hunting pressure up that way.

new and novice
10-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I have spent a bit of time up there fishing and crabbing. If you have a boat then a nice hike in and look around could prove to be pretty successful. I would imagine there is hardly any hunting pressure up that way.

Based on the two replies, I think that your right. I going to tak a drive up there this wknd to scout it out.

dino
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Anyone ever go hunting in Indian Arm Provincial Park? How does it rate?
I live on the water there bud and have a boat moored out front. I tried it out the first year I moved there .I tried hunting there and never went back. The only way is to boat to the end of the arm and take a bike in, but I would rather just drive east towards the top of the coq or to Princeton, Save your fuel and time, you can pm me if you want.

Danny
10-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Unless something has changed since last year, that area was taken over by the Tseil-Waututh Indian band and they don't let anyone on the land.
They also had a "no power boats" restriction on the river to.
Like I said I could be different now but thats how it was last year