PDA

View Full Version : Goat hunting 4 38

slyfox
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi guys heading goat hunting this week around revelstoke just wounding if anyone hunt,s the area and could tell me if the deer population is good is it a muley or whitetail area.Thanks SLYFOX

huntersam
10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
im hoping to head out that way soon to do some exploring

Alpine85
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Been in the French/Goldstream/Downie area about half a dozen times and I think i've seen 2 muley does.

bowhunterbruce
10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
ive hunted up there a fair amount and sorry to say that there are very few deer up that way.i have seen 1 whitetail doe and maybe a dozen muleys over the last 10 years.mostly bears in the spring,some pretty good moose areas. the wolf population is climbing at a pretty good rate and according to the caretaker at the mine up goldstream fsr the moose has steadly declined alot over the last few years do to the wolfs.
we were out there 2 weeks ago and had them howling maybe a few hundred yards away from our camp.
bruce

coach
10-06-2010, 08:27 AM
You might find the odd mulie or whitetail down low and closer to Revelstoke later in the season. As for the goldstream, french creek area, Bowhunterbruce summed it up pretty well.

bforce750
10-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Mule deer pop. in that area is very poor,I was interested myself because of the season.I phoned the regional bio.She said the predators are out of control in that area basically,and longer hunting season reduces the ungulate pop. ,therefore reducing the predators in that area. Whatever ????

GoatGuy
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
lot of the deer died two years ago, also predators. That population cycles big time. Wt's are pretty spoty there's a couple patches with mule deer. Seeing a handful of deer in a day is a really good day.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
10-06-2010, 06:29 PM
you should try golden area for goat .. im going after a monster tommorow..i usally like to hunt them in later november .but my friend is game on this one i picked out for him so its going to a intersting hunt .. seen the same one in the same spot three nights now .. i can suggest several good areas ..