PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Swingblade

TPB
10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Anyone actually own the knife and can produce good reviews for it or did i screw myself over? I was drawn in by the gimmick but many good reviews are out there so hopefully it is something worth its value.

Shooter
10-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I remember a few reviews on it last year here on the site. They all seemed positive and if I am not mistaken I think Bartell uses one and really likes it. Personally have never used one before tho.

TPB
10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I remember a few reviews on it last year here on the site. They all seemed positive and if I am not mistaken I think Bartell uses one and really likes it. Personally have never used one before tho.

Hmm thanks for the info

Steeleco
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
If your meaning the outdoor edge knife? I saw one in the Kamloops WSS and was impressed. But having more than enough blades already, I went looking for them on E-bay and found a knife that is just the gut blade.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OUTDOOR-EDGE-ZIP-BLADE-KNIFE-GUTTING-GUTTER-OEZP10-/370431941016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563f76d998

Just this past weekend I got to use it on Elkhound's deer works slicker than shit. Opened up the legs as easily as the gut. If your like me and already have some good skinners, this is the one to get. If you don't, get the swing blade.

todbartell
10-05-2010, 10:03 PM
been using one since 2007. No complaints here! works slick

TPB
10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Well glad to hear that the blade has been working for 3 years with no complaints and ive heard that the gut "hook" is something else. Thanks

Stresd
10-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Have had the swingblade for a few years now. Have well over 50 knives. Everything from Custom one offs to Buck, Gerber, etc.Find this to be one that is always in my pack. Fantastic knife. Nicknamed it the Zipper. Nice steel that holds an edge but touches up easily. Along with my Piranta(another must have knife) it's all one needs. There is an orange model available now that I will be picking up. Lot less easier to lose.

kishman
10-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Anyone actually own the knife and can produce good reviews for it or did i screw myself over? I was drawn in by the gimmick but many good reviews are out there so hopefully it is something worth its value.

Certainly a neat idea, keep us posted:-D.

watson721
10-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I used it on my bear this year with no complaints. great knife thats usually on my belt

TPB
10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
The best part of online shopping is the anticipation of walking through the door and hoping the package is on the table. For example i just got my new sling and uncle mikes swivels :D but the worst part is not knowing if it fits or works.....