PDA

View Full Version : Smithers hunting

Elkhound
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Ok people.....my best friend is moving to smithers to take control of the ambulance station up in Hazelton. He is a member on HBC but doesnt post much.

Now I dont want secret spots but I was hoping a few of the guys here could send him in the right direction for moose and deer. He is a rifle and bow hunter.

So if you are willing to help me help him out please send me a pm as he wont have time to scout as he will be there in 2 weeks.

I appreciate any help a member is willing to give. Thanks guys. And if you dont want to share thats cool too......just dont post up negative comments in the thread. :wink:

todbartell
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
he'll like the open season for any bull moose for archery in early October

trigger
10-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Chapman lake area. great moose hunting all around that area. if hes any hunter he will figure it out. And the deer are plnty full around smithers area.

DEVILKID
10-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I was in topley last year..shot a moose 1st day 1/2hr in..was awesome!

Venginator
10-06-2010, 04:15 PM
I got my moose this year around chapman, good zone.

sawmill
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I lived in Hazelton for 18 years and hunted everything there.Tell him the Kispiox forest road out of New Town,cross the Hagwilgat bridge,turn right before Old Hazelton and go.Many good places,lots of Forestry roads.Salmon River,back road past the steel head camp,Mitten Main,Bear road,..........it hooks up with the Meziadin road way back there.In behind Hudson Bay Mountain by way of Gitseukla,goes for miles.

One thing is though,if he is gonna be in Hazelton then he will have WAY less hunters than F`ing around Houston,Chapman,Granisle,Smithers Landing,Morris River road ect.The moose general open season is stupidly short due to the MOE`s "gross under estimation of the natives harvest"
LEH gets you more time.
Fishing is crazy good for salmon.
I wish the forest industry had not cratered,I`d still be there.
But then again..........if it hadn`t,I would not be here!:mrgreen:
Major bear country too,huge blacks and grizz.Tell him to check out the mount of the cattle killer at the Smithers airport.Saw him alive twice,monster grizz!
Hope he loves it there,I sure did.

Wood butcher
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
prime time for steelhead too, lucky bstrd.

Elkhound
10-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks alot guys. Again HBC members show me they are more than willing to help some fellow hunters out. Really appreciate the info and the info in PMs