PDA

View Full Version : quail?osoyoos

pipe-it
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
is there good for quail hunting in the osoyoos area?any pointers on where to start?

chukar bob
10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
is there good for quail hunting in the osoyoos area?any pointers on where to start?
do you have a pointing dog? Or a flushing dog? there are chukars around there someplace should be lots of quail. I hunt chukars at Cache creek and Princeton areas.

bob

pipe-it
10-09-2010, 06:54 PM
no just walking.i live in merritt and dont know where to start in that area.i am thinking someware close to the border but not sure if any area even exists because of protected grassland area.

britman101
10-09-2010, 09:42 PM
There are california quail in that area, but most of the land where you would find some is private property. Seeing that it is late in the season, gaining access would be tough. Start early next year inquiring, door knocking campaign and hopefully you can find some friendly farmers. Another area not to overlook is the Keremeos and the Princeton area.
Not to sound preachy but a dog can be an invaluable tool in not only finding cripples and downed birds, but also in letting you know if there are any birds in the area you are scouting.

pipe-it
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
well got back today and not a bird was a nice hike though.did find feathers though so they are there.also rained all day probly didnt help .no worries eh gettm next time.

Gumsehwah
11-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Man, when I was a little kid in Osoyoos, the place used to be just ugly with California quail. Probably all subdivided or developed around there now. :-(