PDA

View Full Version : Merritt area ??

pinebushman
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I am heading up to the Merritt Area on Wed since I have family up there. I have never managed to bag a deer although I would love to. I have only managed to take a couple bears. I am taking my step son (11) along with me who has never been exposed to this type of thing except what he has seen on tv and a grouse that I shot 2 years ago. This is the first chance I have had this year to get out and hope to make it count. Honestly I would even enjoy just putting a couple grouse in the slow cooker, but I am hoping for more. I will be staying in the area of Lower Nicola and would appreciate any input from those familiar with the general area. No honey holes but maybe a realistic potential for a meat buck. Even just info on making it a memorable trip for my little guy. I am getting him his Junior hunter license so maybe he will get a chance at a grouse or something.

Wish me luck and thanks in advance.:-D

bc_buckshot
10-04-2010, 10:54 PM
PM me and I could help but will cost

3kills
10-04-2010, 11:27 PM
u seem to have ur pm's turned off. i cant help if i cant get ya a message

pinebushman
10-07-2010, 06:39 PM
A short trip and were back. I cant believe the amount of logging happening near Merritt. Hardly recognized the place. We camped at a small lake and drove out from there. Not a deer to be seen anywhere, no tracks or scat either. Tons of cow sign and hmm, I like beef too. We did manage to find a couple grouse which got the little guys heart pumpin, since he has never had the chance to take a shot at anything but paper. He tried four times but with no success. Single shot .22 and I told him nothing but head shots. I shot 2 of em just so we had some meat to take home. We finally spotted deer but it was 4 does and not at all what we needed. Better luck next time I hope. Thanks to those that tried to help.