PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Hunt Info

Fullcurled4point
10-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey guys

ive recieved about 10 PMS on how to do this hunt so im just gonna post it.

Crossing the line:

On the US side they are gonna want you to have an ATF form 6. you CAN get these online
http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-3d.pdf
* ensure you tell the girls at the ATF office your taking bullets with you!

submit this with lots of time guys. could take up to 6 weeks.
next you will want to have your original rifle registration with you and your PAL

canada side they will only want to see your PAL and rifle registration.
ensure your guns locked up and and trigger lock

Next for your tags. best thing here to do is contact your Wyoming game and fish department, they will give you the full scoop. but i can breif you
in january i belive they will run a draw. Now prior to the draw they will say for instance hunting area 8 were giving away 450 tags. if only 350 people apply for that area all thos people will draw and there will be 100 supplemental OTC tags avail. You will have to buy those july 1st i believe at 8 am cause they go very fast.
If anyone wants to go with someone who knows the land pm me ill set you up with the local taxidermist/guide. he will hook you up bottom line. great guy. great work. we werent guided but i assure you he knows his stuff.

as far as the hunt goes. its effn hot. lots of bucks but dont be affraid to shoot 1st mornin. most guys had 2 15" bucks in there truck by 8 am 1st morning. hunter orange is required and land owners are dicks. so if i can suggest some areas i would say hunting area 8 and 6. TONS of public walk in area and hords of antelope. if i havent answered any questions here just reply and ill do my best. once again guys great place to bring a youngster or first time hunter as its damn near guarunteed.

leadpillproductions
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
thanks good to know

Twobucks
10-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I just got back from Casper WY on Sunday - we could have filled our antelope tags 100 times over, but we tried to hold out for better than average bucks.

The ATF form just takes time, but it was super easy getting the form and travelling with the gun over the border. We applied for out antelope tags back in March and got our draw results in late June.

We went with Ron Morrison of Thunder Ridge Outfitters and he's a terrific guy - we did a drop camp hunt (so we guided ourselves) but he showed us the ropes for the first day and I can say it would have been worth it to have him with us all the way. Those goats are tough to field judge!

He also gave us a GPS that was loaded with maps of public and private land. DO NOT think about hunting on private land, or even crossing it for an instant. They are hard-ass about private property rights and the boundaries are not marked. You will get charged. I don't know how you'd do it without the GPS maps.

Looks like Fullcurled has it covered, but I'd also be happy to share any info/answer questions about hunting there.