PDA

View Full Version : How wacked is this.....

BCBRAD
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
on the way home from work to day at 5pm i heard CO vanspangin (sp) say that leaving the guts and other unedible parts of an animal in the bush is littering and suggests taking the guts to heather Rd land fill and depositing them for a small fee. besides littering the guts could cause dangerous animals to be lurkin' around and such. Jesus H Christ is this just one more pussification of our way of life. now I really need a tequila.....ya and smashed back hard

rocksteady
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
2 negative posts about CO's in less than 1 week....:confused::confused:

Someone got an axe to grind with them maybe???:twisted:

IBTL....

BCBRAD
10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
so you think that is reasonable? nothing against CO's they act upon direction given to them. Do you see where this is going, one time there was a decree that all calf moose heads must accompany the license, the dumpsters on monroe st were over loaded, looked real bad too, especiallly to the uneducated eye. used to be 5 bears per year per hunter, now its two with all edible portions removed and i guess the offal deposited at Heather road land fill ( for a small fee) , how many hundred of bear deaths and complaints were made in town this year 600+,so the question might be if the CO, good guys that they are, see you leave moose litter etc behind do you think there would be a sanction for this? well would there?

yzchamp
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM
pussification? Go Bubba army !! ..:)

2slow
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't think that the gut piles last long enough to cause a big problem if it is away from heavily traveled areas. Even a couple feet dragged into the bush of the side of a fsr and its out of sight and food for the critters.

M.Dean
10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
I've never seen a gut pile last more than a day, all's that's left is a stain on the ground! But, I guess if your shooting moose and deer beside a school or maybe around back of the shopping mall, yes, you should take the guts to a garbage dump(for a small fee)!!!

BCBRAD
10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
anyway litter has a defined meaning and that is something that is out of place...does not belong, animal parts are natural in the natural enviroment. so i take the meat and the meat eating animals get the rest, good deal i think, except for the scary animals......but they need to make a living too.

BCBRAD
10-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I've never seen a gut pile last more than a day, all's that's left is a stain on the ground! But, I guess if your shooting moose and deer beside a school or maybe around back of the shopping mall, yes, you should take the guts to a garbage dump(for a small fee)!!!

don't shoot animals near habitated areas, heard it might be illegal....you know around schools and such

RiverOtter
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I'd pay(A small fee) to see the CO in question attempt to strap a gut pile on his back for a trip to the dump................

That is the stupidest thing I've heard in quite a while.

wsm
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
i could be wrong , and iif i am sry but i thought u couldnt take a carcas or remains to a landfill?

ianwuzhere
10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
ya id agree- dumb idea.

rocksteady
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Do you think maybe you took the talk on the radio out of context???? Maybe he was saying that people should take their hide/head etc (after skinning at home) to the dump rather than just going back out and dumping it in the bush??? We have a lot of carcass dumpers here who dump them about a block out of city limits, along with all thier pop cans, beer cans, cigarette packs, milk jugs, blah, blah, blah from the back of thier trucks....

Yes, it does attract predators right next to a residential area and jeez, I guess it could be construed as littering...

Call teh radio station tomorrow and get a transcript of the broadcast, or even better call the CO directly for clarification, I think you may have misinterpretted his message...

happyhunter
10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
That can't be right.
1. I think its illegal to dump carcasses in a city dump, I'm not 100% but pretty sure I've heard that before.
2. Wouldn't that bring the predators TO the dump?
3. How can leaving a gut pile way back in the bush be littering? Don't the bears,wolves,yotes, raven and worms take care of every little bit of it?
4. Stupid idea that would cause more problems then just giving the scavengers an easy meal every fall.

GRIZZEZE
10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
It can't be littering, It was laying there when I walked up. I just un-wraped it

MuleyMadness
10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
You can take a carcass to a landfill...however they do charge 150 per animal if you so choose to...at least that's what they charge here in Kamloops, imagine it would be the similar in other places.

The bigger issue, in my opinion, is that by NOT leaving the gut pile, you are cutting into the natural cycle of things, which includes scavangers and other carnivores eating the remains of other dead animals. Leave the piles, you didn't introduce anything new into the environment, and they will be gone in a day or so...best recycling system there is imo.

Craven200
10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Circle of Life!!

sawmill
10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Bio-degradable.

10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
so you think that is reasonable? nothing against CO's they act upon direction given to them. Do you see where this is going, one time there was a decree that all calf moose heads must accompany the license, the dumpsters on monroe st were over loaded, looked real bad too, especiallly to the uneducated eye. used to be 5 bears per year per hunter, now its two with all edible portions removed and i guess the offal deposited at Heather road land fill ( for a small fee) , how many hundred of bear deaths and complaints were made in town this year 600+,so the question might be if the CO, good guys that they are, see you leave moose litter etc behind do you think there would be a sanction for this? well would there?

COs don't write the regulations, they just enforce them..!

wlbc
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I'd pay(A small fee) to see the CO in question attempt to strap a gut pile on his back for a trip to the dump................

That is the stupidest thing I've heard in quite a while.

Now that there is funny....:lol:

.330 Dakota
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
We could GPS mark the gutpile location and they (the CO's) could go pick it up, kind of a make work project. They could take Gordo with them in case there is a Griz or two.

dime
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
WTF is that? I have never heard of anyone suggesting that you take the guts home and transport to a landfill- it sounds like someone is misinformed to me. Ravens, coyotes, martens and fishers will have the gutpile taken care of in a day or two. As for the hides, make sure they are put in an area that is somewhat out of the way. We usually put in the deep woods dragged 100-200 yards into the bush in thick timber, preferrably under a log or blowdown. Nothing worse than a huge pile of moose hair that lasts for a couple of years in the middle of a perfectly good camp.
Littering? I think not.

gamer
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
i could be wrong , and iif i am sry but i thought u couldnt take a carcas or remains to a landfill?

I know there is a sign at Wastech in Coquitlam that says "No animal parts". It may be because it is only a transfer station not a landfill.

Jager
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Don't the regs state that with regard to bears, the gut pile must remain in the woods (so the gall bladder is not in your possession)?

Camp Cook
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
My son's and I shot 2 mule deer bucks just after 5pm Monday afternoon the Ravens were circling overhead before we finished gutting them out these gut piles will last at the very most a day or two...

Whoever made the statement to remove the guts as well is totally out of touch...

Bowzone_Mikey
10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
#1 ...dont know where heather road landfill is .... its foothills and austin road ... #2 it doesnt cost anything to dump there unlike the transfer stns on quinn...

it hasnt been Monroe transfer stn since the multi plex was built

sawmill
10-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Don't the regs state that with regard to bears, the gut pile must remain in the woods (so the gall bladder is not in your possession)?

Screw that,my bear,my gall,my new erection.
I`ll get my wife to kick their ass.

barry1974w
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I think you'll find he's talking about guys who skin, debone ect at home then go dump everything on the nearest gravel road (ie. where I live) mostly still in garbage bags.

rocksteady
10-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I think you'll find he's talking about guys who skin, debone ect at home then go dump everything on the nearest gravel road (ie. where I live) mostly still in garbage bags.

BINGO !!!!

I believe that was the intention of the original radio broadcast...

slayer B
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
don't shoot animals near habitated areas, heard it might be illegal....you know around schools and such

Well I guess I should take my blind down from the roof of the kids kindergarten class.:cry: