PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and to hunting

Bigtime-Hammertime
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone. As the title says, I'm new to the site and hunting. I've shot guns over the years but finally took my CORE and PAL and am getting pumped to head out! I bought a Tikka T3 Laminated stainless .300 win mag. It's a beautiful gun! I'm told that I need to have a joke in my first post so here it goes.

A waffle walks into a pub and sits down at the bar. The waffle is about to order a drink but the bar tender says "sorry, we don't serve breakfast here"

Mr. Dean
10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome to our show!

300 Winnie is a FINE caliber; now get out and make it put 'something' to the ground. :evil:

Blacktail
10-05-2010, 11:30 AM
WOW.............................corny joke!!:wink::mrgreen:

That being said.....
Welcome to the sight and the wonderfull world of things that go BANG...SWIIISH.........and, oh damn I cut myself

DGuest
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the site and Happy hunting

Rodd
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Practice shooting that gun..... Welcome!

Bigtime-Hammertime
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Lol, I know, that joke is pretty corny! Ive been out shooting these last 2 weekends and am hitting the target at 100yards around 3/4" RSI off of bulls eye. Not sure how great that is but I'm fairly happy with my progress so far. I'm heading up to penticton this weekend for thanksgiving and my uncle, a buddy of mine and myself are going to hunt his 55 acres behind summerland. It's near falder...hopefully we can find something :)

not sure if this is the right place to ask, so let me know if I should post it somewhere else. With my .300 win mag, what grain bullet should I use on
deer
elk
moose
again, I'm fairly new to this and have been reading lots on the topic...just thought I'd get some of your guys input. Thanks a bunch!

Mr. Dean
10-06-2010, 12:54 AM
not sure if this is the right place to ask, so let me know if I should post it somewhere else. With my .300 win mag, what grain bullet should I use on
deer
elk
moose
again, I'm fairly new to this and have been reading lots on the topic...just thought I'd get some of your guys input. Thanks a bunch!

The 300 Winnie and a 180gr bullet is THE perfect marriage for all that. :wink:

.330 Dakota
10-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Hey Welcome, And Nobody Said It Had To Be A Good Joke

Bigtime-Hammertime
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the replys guys! I'll let you know how I make out this weekend at my uncles place

cmp88
10-08-2010, 05:51 PM
If you ever have questions about which grain or caliber to use check your CORE manual. There is a pretty good chart outlining exactly which calibers and grains are used to take down each species from squirrel to grizzly.