PDA

View Full Version : looking for tips in the 5-2 area

BigBlaze
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
specificly 5-02b. i got a moose there two years ago but that was dumb luck, this year my group is going for two (leh was kind to us this year). the moose are for my boss and his gf. I'm just curious about deer in the area. we are gonna be around the moffat lake area near horsefly bc and i have never popped a buck before. any tips would be greatly appreciated

pse&remington
10-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Just got back from our LEH in that area. You could say luck was on our side as the weather was quite warm and the full moon was out. Aside from that we managed to take two moose home. Their seem to be several doe at this time, We hunted C and our buddy hunted B. I put on several miles and seen alot of the area. Between Quesnel lake and Horsefly is where our buddy found his luck and as well I seen a couple cows up in that area. OH by the way read your REGS as your not allowed to hunt on the Moffat and Spoking lakes. You may try calling the CO office and get the complete lowdown. Good Luck.

pse&remington
10-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Forgot to mention on your way to Horsefly lake from the town of Horsefly there is a sign for meat cooler and butcher (Franz Loffler & sunshine ranch) posted on the corner of the mill, These folk are top notch!

BigBlaze
10-03-2010, 11:08 PM
i just read the regs and i didn't know you weren't allowed to hunt there. last time we were there we camped on moffat lake but did all our hunting up the road a few kms. this might just change our general plan. where was your group camped? if you dont mind me asking. I'm just trying to do my homework before hand to avoid any unnecessary hiccups. any help would be greatly appreciated!

BigBlaze
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
how do i go about getting the phone number of the CO office? rundown from the co would definately help our cause lol

pse&remington
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
We rented a cabin on horsefly lake (700 for a week) ya I know luxury, and you could hunt 5-02b right from the cabin, the neighbours there got a spike fork just up the road 2km from the cabin. The CO's number is in the regs on the first page of region 5 with the map in the bottom of the page. I heard they used to pull monsters outta moffat lakes area. Too Bad!

BigBlaze
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
so i called the co in region 5. he wasn't available for talk but the woman who answered explained everything! they have been getting a lot of phone calls regarding the moffat/spokin lakes area, because the regs are pretty vague. apparently, the area that is closed is a side road off the main moffat lake fsr. with concrete barricades and clear signage posted that no vehicles atv or otherwise are to go past. apparently there has been a lot of logging in the area and the area in question is a massive clear cut. She said we are still allowed to hunt the area but to park at the barricades and walk in. she went on to say that it was unfair to the animals because of lack of tree line. hope this clears up some confusion for some people. it certainly cleared everything up for me :D