PDA

View Full Version : got my new bow set up

uraarchr
10-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I recently had my new bow set up but was'nt shooting well.went to hardcore archery to look at accesories and ended up telling him my problem.next thing he was explaining what the problem was with the bow setup and my form:after showing him how i draw my bow(this was all happened as he was getting ready to close and go home).Today i moved the peep to the right place,got my form better now and am shooting waaaayy better!Thanks to an awesome guy! and no charge either!he sure has a lot of good stuff in that little store too.

Doinker
10-04-2010, 06:26 AM
The place where you bought it didnt set it up for you?

uraarchr
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
i bought it online new and the guy set up the draw length and draw stops.i then had the peep installed after i got it.

Bow Walker
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Good for Hardcore. http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sHa_thumb2.gif

I've heard and read a lot of good things about him and his business. http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sHa_okay.gif

Kitimat Killer
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
i orderd those pink arrows for my wife from him he was really good to deal with over the phone

Doinker
10-05-2010, 06:25 AM
The online sales is what is killing shops like Hardcore and people should think before buying online, usually your bow wont fit and isnt set up properly. The manufactures of bows today really frown on new bow sales over the internet for this reason and the lowball pricing. Buy your bows locally and help the shop owner out! Your bow would have fit you and would have been setup properly before you left the store i bet.

Jonas111
10-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks for posting that. Hardcore Archery in Kelowna do try and help everyone become better shooters. They truly have a passion for this sport and would love to see it grow, as do I.

In the future if you are considering a new bow I highly recommend going to see them. They will sell you the bow and set it up properly, as well they will also educate you on how to shoot it properly.

They helped me out a ton. Now I have four bows. Kind of a archery nut now.

Mountain Man
10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Glad to hear,

Well guys we don’t always get it right the first time but we pride ourselves in the Archery World.

Hunting with a bow, a gun, being in the backcountry like yourselves is what we love. When the shop opened we wanted to be so called experts in one thing. We didn’t want to be the typical hunting store that had another mediocre archery section. Sometimes people work on two many things at once instead of focusing on one thing.

We try and be diverse in a small location while being personable and make sure that people are happy and get what they want. The one thing we focus on more than anything is making sure what you get is right for you. Making sure a new archer is set up properly.

Fitment is everything, from the proper draw weight, draw length, to one on one lessons to making sure a person leaves confident knowing how to shoot with proper form, how to make adjustments to there equipment, how to maintain there bow, and providing a place that can resolve, replace, and repair issues that occur with equipment after the sale.

This is why purchasing from on line stores can lead to frustration, if you hunt long enough sure you may save some money but there has to be something said, and a small price to pay for getting it right the first time. We deal with as many people that buy bows from us, as people that buy outside of a pro shop setting. The pro shops are the first place we run to when we have problems.

Archery is a very fical sport and you can guarantee a few things, you will establish questions, you will need repairs, and you will need a place to go for help and we hope that we can provide that place!

Thanks.

uraarchr
10-06-2010, 08:37 PM
in response to DOINKER.the bow draw length was set up for me before it was sent to me.i then had the peep put in by someone else.after recieving the help and pointers on my form and peep setup at hardcore it was changed and now i'm shooting those arrows out in tighter groups and more importantly with more confidence.chev ,ford ,dodge ,ferrari they all appeal more to some than to others,whether its visual or performace or the tech different people are drawn to different things.i know where i'll be buying most of my archery stuff now,and if warranty issues arise i'm sure i'll wish i bought my bow from them too.the bow is shootin great im happy !