PDA

View Full Version : BC Resident hunting Sask. requirements?

Freshtracks
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Did a quick search and came up empty.

My youngest bro just moved to Sask. ... just east of Saskatoon. What's involved for a BC resident to hunt, big game, waterfowl/upland birds?

Thinking of possibly checking out what this prairie waterfowl hunting is all about.

d6dan
10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Have you checked this page out?..
http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/Default.aspx?DN=1356bd73-975a-4ad0-8289-b94958dfd7ff

Also this: On page 3 of hunt ing Regs..

Changes to the way Canadian residents obtain
white-tailed deer licences may be implemented
for the 2011 hunting season. Canadian
resident hunters will be required to apply for a
limited number of zone specific white-tailed
deer licences. The applicants will be randomly
drawn for licences through a draw similar to the
Big Game Draw used for Saskatchewan
resident hunters. Details on the draw process
and the number of licences available by zone
will be made available early in 2011.

Wild 1
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Here is the site I have saved will link you to the download page for the wildlife management map and hunting synopsis. Check out the synopsis and it should answer most of your questions. Tag prices are not the cheapest, but most game is very available. Birds, bears and white tails are open (until next year when white tails are going to a draw system). Moose is guided hunts only. Just need to know what zone your want to hunt and then look it up. Saskatoon is in zone 30 with 29 just south. Just remember that some of the gun safety rules change between provinces so you will need to be aware of these if you choose to cross 2 provinces with firearms and ammunition.

Rodd
10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
As far as Big Game goes, all you can hunt are Whitetails, pretty much everything else is draw, and for residents only.. Waterfoul hunting is insane over there, geese seasons spring and Fall. All you need is to purchase the tags and pay the Habitat Conservation Fund which is like 10$ and your off to the races. I hear next year they are going to go with the draw for whitetails and non-resident Canadians.... My Father lives west of Sasktoon and I hunt with him every year and we have a blast and shoot some big Bucks!!

dukester
10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Did a quick search and came up empty.

My youngest bro just moved to Sask. ... just east of Saskatoon. What's involved for a BC resident to hunt, big game, waterfowl/upland birds?

Thinking of possibly checking out what this prairie waterfowl hunting is all about.
get down here now...... birds are thick, if your East S'toon, how far. 40-50 kms St Denis is good place to start. Canoe lk road ducks unlimited ponds there .. buy yourself a case of shells (case)