PDA

View Full Version : Whipsaw/Lamont FSR

pg83
10-03-2010, 12:37 PM
With my only planned hunt of the year finished and a moose in the freezer I am still itchy to get out of dodge. Gonna drag my little brother away from his school to see if we can find a muley or two next weekend. Has anyone been poking around the Whipsaw/Lamont FSR areas as of late? I haven't been up there in 5+ years, but I remember seeing a ton of deer. Any recent road/animal conditions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

vortex hunter
10-03-2010, 08:11 PM
was up whipsaw today me and cloverphil didn't see a thing not even a doe ......But it was okay cause I had my muley in the back of the truck but you can try your luck there if you like...

chainsaw
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Lots of traffic, the long weekends in any buck season are packed up there.

Andreas
10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Was there last weekend. Packed with hunters. Saw one muley doe and a blackie sow with cub up Lamont FSR.

pg83
10-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I know it will be busy up there on the long weekend, but it still beats the hell out of sitting in the city :D

jonz
10-04-2010, 06:24 AM
It isn't the only valley within reach of the city.

pnbrock
10-04-2010, 07:10 AM
was in there yesterday aswell could have sworn i was still on the highway.was supprised to hear from our camp trucks still crawling around well past legal light .was affraid to walk through the bushes up there.only deer we saw was a dink spiker on a fellas quad,he must have amazing eyesight to see those tiny spikes.not in a hurry to return.

Martin_Hunter
10-04-2010, 07:48 AM
With my only planned hunt of the year finished and a moose in the freezer I am still itchy to get out of dodge. Gonna drag my little brother away from his school to see if we can find a muley or two next weekend. Has anyone been poking around the Whipsaw/Lamont FSR areas as of late? I haven't been up there in 5+ years, but I remember seeing a ton of deer. Any recent road/animal conditions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Hunting Lamont is a waste of time,and as others say,too busy with hunters.You'll do much better hunting any other place around Princeton.

pg83
10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Lots of bad reviews. I expected it to be busy up there, but it seems to be more so than I thought. I think we may head somewhere else instead to get away from the traffic. Not shy on putting the legs to work so it's time to review the maps an check out a new area.

Thanks for the input,

Peter

bandit
10-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Was up there at the weekend. Saw plenty of fresh tracks but the amount of hunters has made them very elusive during daylight! Didnt hear of any successful hunters this weekend.

Saw way more wildlife at the side of the highway than up on Lamont.

Foxtail
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I like aspen grove area... a bit quieter and not much farther. About halfway from Merrit to princeton, turn left over the cattle guard onto the dirt road. huge area in there... don't tell anyone I told ya!