PDA

View Full Version : Is this warm weather bad for hunting?

guywitha270
10-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, been out three weekends in a row now in Region 3 and haven't seen a single deer, never mind a buck. What gives? Is this weather keeping them way high up? I know there are lots of deer out there but damn, where are they? Anyone else seeing anything?

peashooter
10-02-2010, 06:10 PM
where are you looking? thick timber. clear cuts, high, low, morning, afternoon, eve, near water?

Amphibious
10-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Is this warm weather bad for hunting?

for those that never get out of their trucks.... most likely :)

hot weather just means different tactics. the animals are still there...

Jelvis
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
In the record temperatures of heat it's good for the tweety birdz. Bees and insects but hey, BAM! Take it like a man steady and strong, but hey it's a delicate thing, so much time spent wondering, not a lotta fuss, and carrying on, it's true to a promise I can ride in a storm .. the Storm hockey team good. Play n Kammy.
Take it like a man, well hunter if you want that monster, take it like a man .. October is on now any buck a toid ..so if you see the thick tine friend a mine, take it like a hunter ...
Jelly ( take it like a man ) Anytime. You Can .. no more mothering fella .. no more maid service ..
you want space or trying to smother .. Call your Mother .. Some one wise enough to understand ..
ShamWow .. 8 Shamwows wit dat! .. your gettin fat . you started thinkin your right .. WRONG ..
You forgot to mention it was brought to my ATTENTION! You Want a Hunter's Heart .. take that record buck!

Chuck
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Spoor, what about the spoor? Droppings, no spoor or droppings both of the fresh sort - then keep moving till you find them.
Once you've found them, then you're in the ball park - now start looking for deer.

Jelvis
10-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Look, look and keep looking, don't stop looking and drive out of Kamloops in four different directions for the best hunting from downtown Loops.
Go out and up into higher spots up to the tops of Chuwells, Bonaparte, Criss Creek, Mt Fadear. KRAK . POW. BANG. BAM! .. Four directions .. Four Seasons .. Four Points .. For All .. The Fall .. dat's all .. four wheel ..
.................................................. ....it's a, ... " Full Meal Deal " .. it's Sir Real .. and Unreal .....Tawheel

JCVD
10-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Hot days usually mean dusk and dawn hunting success or jumping them in their beds or waterholes, from my own experience...or spend the day searching the shade for grouse and picking mushrooms for dinner heh.

Jelvis
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Yah it's noisy from dry branches and the big bucks ain't in the pre-rut as of today.. pre rut starts on October 9th .. for pre rut stepped up activity for the testosterone laden bucks ..
Jelly ( Testaverdee ) Pre-Rut October the 9th day .. Activity increase .. buck wants doe or spoilin 4 A fight ..

M.Dean
10-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I find that deer don't like the heat, same as us. Were seeing bucks early morning and just before dark. If possible try hunting in thick timber or real shady side hills. The bucks are still in groups, 3 4 or even 5 to a group, if you do see some small bucks hang tight and watch real close, there's a good chance there's a 4 point with them! Spend time glassing the shady area's, watch low spots where the deer can travel and still have a bit of cover. Most hunters don't spend enough time glassing, try to see the bucks before they see you, it's very possible, take your time and try it. The last few days we've seen more bucks than does, we leave in the dark and hunt until about 10:am, as soon as the shade starts disappearing, so do the deer. In this heat try glassing the thicker brush, most deer will spend more time in there because it's cooler and there's still green grass to feed on. It's suppose to cloud over around Monday, so hopefully it'll cool down a bit! Good Luck.

luckofthedraw
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Just returned from a 4 day trip to region 3-39. Very warm weather, 22 degree days/3 degree nights. Made for some very scarce game. We pretty much road hunted for most of the days to get a look of what is in the area. Saw 1 bull and cow, and 1 doe. I did alot of glassing on the cuts, and nothing was found. The above thread about finding them in the thick and chasing em out of there beds I believe is the way to go. I was with family who doesn't enjoy the good chase so much these days, but if I return....I am deffinetly on my way into the thicket.

4 point
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Was out with my nephew in Reg 3 Oct. 1st,2nd & 3rd. Saw some 30+ deer including 6 shooters. Passed as not what we wanted. Their out there just have to look in the right places the right way. Good luck to you.

tomahawk
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Was out last weekend the weather was warm for sure, saw 25 plus deer and 2 huge blacks throughout the day. None were in the direct sun, all of them were within 40 yds of old growth in the shade.