PDA

View Full Version : Just out of the shop

Blacktail
10-02-2010, 05:17 PM
all are sold

d6dan
10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Beauty's Roy.:-D..Made to last a lifetime..

J_T
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Yup. Real nice Roy. Congrats on a great product.

Blacktail
10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
thanks guys

This one was also done and was made at the same time as the HBC caper
same piece of coco and spacing materials

knife specs

Clip point Skinner
precision ground s30V steel
7 1/2" overall, 3 7/16" blade 1 1/4" at the widest
cocobolo handle scales with yellow and white spacer and two 3/16" brass pins

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/blacktail243/clipcoco.jpg

it will also be for sale

2slow
10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Your knives look great. How much is the one on the right that was going to be yours?

tomahawk
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Awesome work, might just have to get me one in the near future!!

Blacktail
10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Your knives look great. How much is the one on the right that was going to be yours?

that one is sold pending funds

the clip point under is for sale tho:wink:

Ruger4
10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice work Roy
can I get a sheath like the one on the right for the cape I bought from you ? ( with a belt loop ) ? and yes the elk stamp !!

Blacktail
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice work Roy
can I get a sheath like the one on the right for the cape I bought from you ? ( with a belt loop ) ? and yes the elk stamp !!

I have tried on a couple occasions to make a snap over sheath for those capers.It seems, due to their shape and handle configuration,they always seem to fall out and I lose them (two to be exact, one had sheep horn handle scales !!) I think the only way would be for one that has been already drilled with a lanyard hole and tie it in that way.
A good compression fit sheath should keep the knife in,and I could add a integral belt loop to the sheath I guess.For an existing sheath like yours it would be harder to do as it would have to be taken apart and restitiched.

Let me see what I can come up with:wink::mrgreen:

2slow
10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
that one is sold pending funds

the clip point under is for sale tho:wink:

I saw that one and it tempted me like only handmade knives can but I really like the look and feel of a brass bolster.

I had a look at the knives on your website, wiped the drool off my keyboard, and I think I may have to see if I can get you to make something for me but probably after Christmas.
Awesome workmanship and a pleasure to look at.

Blacktail
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I saw that one and it tempted me like only handmade knives can but I really like the look and feel of a brass bolster.

I had a look at the knives on your website, wiped the drool off my keyboard, and I think I may have to see if I can get you to make something for me but probably after Christmas.
Awesome workmanship and a pleasure to look at.

no problem let me know
the brass does look awesome!!:mrgreen: