PDA

View Full Version : saw some decent animals but no trigger time:(

curt
10-02-2010, 08:42 AM
well we went Up towards Stewart Lake north of Chetywin on the advice of the CO's, well i'm not so sure he wasnt fu**ing with me!?!?:( The gas exploration was out of controll talked to the crew they are putting in 400 well sites in a 50 km area around the lake. We did however manage to locate some game some of thie nicest animals I've seen with a catch. Bush is thick in most area's spotting them on the gas lines at 600+ yards doesnt leave many options . Day 1 -first 2hrs 45-50 inch bull moose too far couldnt close the distance day 2 -6x 7 bull elk same spot as the moose with 2 cows couldnt close the distance quick enough before they scootin into the thick bush. called out a few bull mosse not big enough. Day 5 seen that same bull elk with atleast 5 cows on the pipeline just as dark was breaking but again too far and with only 40yrds of open coutry for them to make the timber its awfully tough to connect!! Seen a few muley bucks had my bow but only seen one i would consider shooting, of course the bow was at camp that day!:( lots of muley and whitetail does and enough bear to fill all of our freezers. Sound decent i guess but for that country we should have done much better we didnt harvest anything and basically hunted one area for an entire week do to very limited access. oh well nice to get out and see something better luck next time i hope!?!? FYI if your thinking of the stewart lake area up towards taylor i'd say stay away unless you are looking for work in the natural gas industry!!!!:(

elkdom
10-02-2010, 10:42 AM
well we went Up towards Stewart Lake north of Chetywin on the advice of the CO's, well i'm not so sure he wasnt fu**ing with me!?!? The gas exploration was out of controll talked to the crew they are putting in 400 well sites in a 50 km area around the lake. We did however manage to locate some game some of thie nicest animals I've seen with a catch. Bush is thick in most area's spotting them on the gas lines at 600+ yards doesnt leave many options . Day 1 -first 2hrs 45-50 inch bull moose too far couldnt close the distance day 2 -6x 7 bull elk same spot as the moose with 2 cows couldnt close the distance quick enough before they scootin into the thick bush. called out a few bull mosse not big enough. Day 5 seen that same bull elk with atleast 5 cows on the pipeline just as dark was breaking but again too far and with only 40yrds of open coutry for them to make the timber its awfully tough to connect!! Seen a few muley bucks had my bow but only seen one i would consider shooting, of course the bow was at camp that day!:( lots of muley and whitetail does and enough bear to fill all of our freezers. Sound decent i guess but for that country we should have done much better we didnt harvest anything and basically hunted one area for an entire week do to very limited access. oh well nice to get out and see something better luck next time i hope!?!? FYI if your thinking of the stewart lake area up towards taylor i'd say stay away unless you are looking for work in the natural gas industry!!!!:(

things should be better next year! :?,

Oil and Gas drilling predictions are for about a 100% increase over this years' !:shock:

and a CO that would recommend a hunt in that area for someone without extensive LOCAL knowledge(hiddee-holes for big game) was definitely a gerk-off in uniform!:evil: