PDA

View Full Version : MOE's 2010 Kootenay Elk Population Review

Raven
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM
There's a whole lotta info on Kootenay Elk populations in this recently released report: http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/acat/public/viewReport.do?reportId=19918 .

It's over 50 pages long and really shows the rationale behind the recent regulation changes. Lots of debate and talk about the merits of these changes in various HBC threads - this report should improve the quality of them if people take the time to read it!

Fisher-Dude
10-01-2010, 09:38 PM
You mean people should actually educate themselves about the science of game management before they start threads that predict "gong shows", "slaughters", etc and blame the BCWF and bios for everything evil under the sun?

Holy crap, what a novel idea! :shock::wink::mrgreen:

10-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I just finished reading the report. It was very insightful.

sawmill
10-02-2010, 07:49 AM
You mean people should actually educate themselves about the science of game management before they start threads that predict "gong shows", "slaughters", etc and blame the BCWF and bios for everything evil under the sun?

Holy crap, what a novel idea! :shock::wink::mrgreen:
Kinda funny:mrgreen:
Oddly I have seen way fewer hunters in my area than anytime in the last 10 years even during the new cow elk season.Strange,maybe the gong show/slaughter rumors scared everyone off:confused:I really believed it would be a pain in the ass out there to hunt but I am pleasantly surprised.Of course ..........we got `em all boys so no sense coming down next year.