PDA

View Full Version : Gooonnnnngggggggg...

steepNdeep
09-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Let the sh!tshow begin... :twisted: I hope nobody gets shot! I've got the Bulls Gone Wild Video playin' & my bozo the american orange NOTAFNBULL hat ready to go & kevlar flack jacket... think I'll wait a week or 2... :roll: :shock: :wink:

May the elk gods smile upon you!! Have fun out there... :cool:

Brambles
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
You mean GOOONNNNGGGGGG SSSSHHHHHOOOOOWWWWWW:wink:

browningboy
09-30-2010, 07:56 PM
You hillbillies think three is a crowd!:wink:

Steeleco
09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
You hillbillies think three is a crowd!:wink:

Isn't it??? The only time three is good, opps family site :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Good luck SnD, don't come home without pictures!!

calvin L
10-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Dean I would not shot you . Maybe if would be safer if all you WK boy's would stay home and wet your pants . :mrgreen:

You know most will get there eye opened when they see where the elk are . It is not a point and shoot hunt . There will be some, but most will be a work your bag off hunt

calvin L

BCrams
10-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Dean I would not shot you . Maybe if would be safer if all you WK boy's would stay home and wet your pants . :mrgreen:

You know most will get there eye opened when they see where the elk are . It is not a point and shoot hunt . There will be some, but most will be a work your bag off hunt

calvin L

I hear tell of areas outside the popular spots (Like Sentinel / Krestova)that will hold big bulls that will require a tonne of work.

Rubicon500
10-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Well a few buddys already cut a tag on West kootney monster, more pics n story to follow :mrgreen::mrgreen:http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/rubicon500/hugeelk.jpg

bighornbob
10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Well a few buddys already cut a tag on West kootney monster, more pics n story to follow :mrgreen::mrgreen:http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/rubicon500/hugeelk.jpg

Looks pretty similar to the bull killed in the yukon last year.:mrgreen:

BHB

Rubicon500
10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
just a long lost twin thats all, lets not spoil it for the NIMBY kootney folks hahah

10-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Let the sh!tshow begin... :twisted: I hope nobody gets shot! I've got the Bulls Gone Wild Video playin' & my bozo the american orange NOTAFNBULL hat ready to go & kevlar flack jacket... think I'll wait a week or 2... :roll: :shock: :wink:

Please tell me that your not hunting any of the newly-opened MUs for elk. I would find that pretty hypocritical, seeing how opposed you are to increased hunter opportunity in the WK.

To all those who are coming to the WK to try an get an elk....I wish you the best of luck, and thanks for staying and spending your hard earned $$ in our communities....we appreciate it.

10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Looks pretty similar to the bull killed in the yukon last year.:mrgreen:

BHB

Yep... the vegatation looks different than what I see here..:wink:

Fisher-Dude
10-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Please tell me that your not hunting any of the newly-opened MUs for elk. I would find that pretty hypocritical, seeing how opposed you are to increased hunter opportunity in the WK.

To all those who are coming to the WK to try an get an elk....I wish you the best of luck, and thanks for staying and spending your hard earned $$ in our communities....we appreciate it.

Yep, whining cry baby that can't share the sandbox with others. Too bad his own abilities are so poor that he has to fight to reduce competition from other hunters.

Fortunately, his "kind" are going the way of the dodo bird as hunters who are really concerned about their hunting future understand the need to create opportunity and manage animals scientifically, instead of politically. His yabbering isn't garnering much of an audience these days, thanks to the intraweb's ability to inform people what's really going on.

Remember the dinosaurs?

steepNdeep
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM

How would you know what I'm opposed to... the only thing that I'm opposed to is little bitches whining. I've spoken to many good hunters about the same topics and have had good talks with most of them. 325 - You are the only one that is whining. STFU :rolleyes:

Fisherdude... that means alot coming from you. Your welcome anytime.... we need more slobs to patrol the roads on their quads to keep the animals up high... :wink:

I know Brambles, Calvin, BCRams and the others that are funny guys... Hope to see them all out there...

10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
How would you know what I'm opposed to... the only thing that I'm opposed to is little bitches whining. I've spoken to many good hunters about the same topics and have had good talks with most of them. 325 - You are the only one that is whining. STFU :rolleyes:

Fisherdude... that means alot coming from you. Your welcome anytime.... we need more slobs to patrol the roads on their quads to keep the animals up high... :wink:

I know Brambles, Calvin, BCRams and the others that are funny guys... Hope to see them all out there...

How am I whinning....please expalin. You sent me a PM chastising me for posting my elk and story because it was a WK bull. That bothers me. This forum is for sharing info, and sharing adventures.

Did you really think that nobody knew the potential for big elk in the WK before this year??? So...are you going to hunt any of the newly opened MUs??

Kody94
10-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Hellooo....helloooo...helloooo....anyone out there?? out there?? out there??

LOL. Sure quiet over here. :D

LYKTOHUNT
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Do I feel tention on this one :wink:

steepNdeep
10-01-2010, 03:08 PM
How am I whinning....please expalin. You sent me a PM chastising me for posting my elk and story because it was a WK bull. That bothers me.

Actually, I congratulated you on your bull and said it was a great bull and enjoyed the story. Now shut up about it. If you want to discuss it further I'd be happy to meet you face to face.

Jelvis
10-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Drop the gloves, fighting solves everything, I'll take on the loser .. lol ..
Jel ( Hands of Stone ) Ty's Son .. My Mamma, says, to knock you out! lol ... Ever bin knocked out b4?

10-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Actually, I congratulated you on your bull and said it was a great bull and enjoyed the story. Now shut up about it. If you want to discuss it further I'd be happy to meet you face to face.

Are you in grade 7??

Amphibious
10-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't worry D, there are some on this site you can never please.

eastkoot
10-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Another view of the same bull, doesn't look like Crestova country to me:confused:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/duramaxx/pic05747.jpg

Devilbear
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
As I have posted here many times, we BC citizen hunters are ALL equal and we ALL have a right to hunt in any region of our province that we wish to. I was born in the West Kootenays, lived, worked and paid taxes in several of the communities there and have NO problem with any BC citizen hunter trying to get an Elk there, within the bounds of the law and good sportsmanship.

I find it very disturbing that BC hunters will fight among ourselves and yet will not act to end the travesty of foreign slaughter of our rare game for the profit of a very few and many of them are foreigners. There is, IMO, a direct correlation between the continuing erosion of our gun rights, our hunting and fishing resources and this never-ending chickenshit squabbling about who can hunt where.

I once had a former participant in this forum tell me on another forum that I should not be allowed to hunt in the region where he lives; the fact is that I was working and paying taxes in that area before he was born....and, I am real tired of such bullshit.

If, we do not act TOGETHER and stop the infantile longdicking and chestbeating, we WILL soon lose what hunting we have left and that should be apparent to everyone on this forum. The end of hunting as we know it in BC is VERY close to becoming a sad reality and it seems that damm few see this coming, so, maybe, stop the bitching and fight our real enemies, the aboriginals, the GOS and the "antis".

That said, the first few days will see some bulls shot and then the typical assbusting WK Elk hunting will be as it always has been, hard work, time intensive and with a lot of luck involved.

I cannot make it this season due to my wife still being off work with a neurological problem, but, I wish the very best of luck and safe hunting to ALL BC folks givin' 'er max! :)

yamadirt 426
10-01-2010, 06:13 PM
As I have posted here many times, we BC citizen hunters are ALL equal and we ALL have a right to hunt in any region of our province that we wish to. I was born in the West Kootenays, lived, worked and paid taxes in several of the communities there and have NO problem with any BC citizen hunter trying to get an Elk there, within the bounds of the law and good sportsmanship.

I find it very disturbing that BC hunters will fight among ourselves and yet will not act to end the travesty of foreign slaughter of our rare game for the profit of a very few and many of them are foreigners. There is, IMO, a direct correlation between the continuing erosion of our gun rights, our hunting and fishing resources and this never-ending chickenshit squabbling about who can hunt where.

I once had a former participant in this forum tell me on another forum that I should not be allowed to hunt in the region where he lives; the fact is that I was working and paying taxes in that area before he was born....and, I am real tired of such bullshit.

If, we do not act TOGETHER and stop the infantile longdicking and chestbeating, we WILL soon lose what hunting we have left and that should be apparent to everyone on this forum. The end of hunting as we know it in BC is VERY close to becoming a sad reality and it seems that damm few see this coming, so, maybe, stop the bitching and fight our real enemies, the aboriginals, the GOS and the "antis".

That said, the first few days will see some bulls shot and then the typical assbusting WK Elk hunting will be as it always has been, hard work, time intensive and with a lot of luck involved.

I cannot make it this season due to my wife still being off work with a neurological problem, but, I wish the very best of luck and safe hunting to ALL BC folks givin' 'er max! :)

X2 thanks DB.

coach
10-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Great post, Devilbear! You are bang on - time for hunters to work together instead of squabbling among each other. The same kind of crap goes on with our fisheries with special interest groups fighting about whose method is more ethical (such as on the Thompson River a few years back). We are all outdoors people, we all share the resource and we all pay taxes and fees that (in theory) should go toward keeping fishing and hunting accessible to us and to future generations.

Good luck to those fortunate enough to have the time and resources to be able to enjoy this new season in the WK. Hopefully our game managers have made the right decision opening these areas, that the prediction of a gong show won't play out and that the animal numbers can sustain this new season.

Casagrande
10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Another view of the same bull, doesn't look like Crestova country to me:confused:
That photo just might change my mind on "trophy" hunting!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/duramaxx/pic05747.jpg
That photo just might change my mind about "trophy" hunting!

islandboy
10-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Great post, Devilbear!

shawnwells
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
baaaaaaaaaannnnaaannaaaasss....

Cowgirltou
10-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Well Said! And Thank You
I hope your wife gets better soon.

ramron
10-01-2010, 10:11 PM
baaaaaaaaaannnnaaannaaaasss....
Sounds like your stuttering shawn.

sawmill
10-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Great post, Devilbear!
The voice of reason,thanks D.B.

Grizz59
10-02-2010, 12:52 PM
A friend sent me that photo this past winter, if i remember right i think the post that came with it,was that it was from the Yukon.