PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon Derby Oct 30th

darrin6109
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
anybody else entering the "Riverside Tackle* derby?
always a great time!

Badbrutus
09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey darrin6109

I will be entering the Derby as well this year. This will be my first time for this derby. Looking forward to it.

Barracuda
09-29-2010, 11:39 PM
never heard of it ? got any more info on it?

shoot to kill
09-30-2010, 07:44 AM
we would have come in second place a couple years ago, we hooked a 7fter 20 minutes before end time and landed it raced up to duncan bar and gary already gave the prize away....

Leaseman
09-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Sounds like fun.... any more info on it??

I have run/sponsored a couple through different forums, always had a blast!!!

Dutch Ppoacher
09-30-2010, 11:04 PM
just got back from two days of sturgeon fishing. 2 - 7ft, 1 - 8 ft, lots of 4-6 fters lots of fish out there! pictures to come

darrin6109
10-13-2010, 07:51 PM
http://rsfat.com/2010/09/riverside-fly-tackles-6th-annual-sturgeon-derby-oct-23-2010/

darrin6109
10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
its this weekend.

CoqTrophys
10-26-2010, 01:43 PM
lots of great prizes given away! last year the boundry was from downstream the mission bridge to queenship. 30 bucks per rod. cheap fun! get out there and try it out. it only takes 1 good fish to win it. Or catch a whole bunch and win combined length. stop in at riverside and get your name on the list.

CoqTrophys
10-27-2010, 08:39 PM
It's coming!!!!! Come on people. No one interested in a good sturgeon fish.

longrifle
10-28-2010, 06:27 PM
love to enter but need a ride to the fishing spots...!?!?

11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
anyone go?? how was the fishing?

darrin6109
11-01-2010, 02:59 PM
i had a great time, fishing was a little slow...dont remember any empties?

darrin6109
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
but then again thats coming from someone with no class.

ruger#1
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
it was a fricken joke... I was not part of the derby but the class of the anglers was really low...my clients kept asking why someone would drop their anchor 50yds below my boat....the constant flow of empties down river was really nice as well......tell your clients to stop throwing bottles out of your boat. It could get you in trouble.:mrgreen:

darrin6109
11-02-2010, 06:59 AM
now im an a$$hole because i entered a sturgeon derby?
wish i could be like you, life would be good.

Old Crow
11-02-2010, 08:31 AM
it was a fricken joke... I was not part of the derby but the class of the anglers was really low...my clients kept asking why someone would drop their anchor 50yds below my boat....the constant flow of empties down river was really nice as well......

Nice seeing you out there neighbour.Are ya sure it wasnt that big red HCM that anchored 50 yards below ya?That guy just oozes class

darrin6109
11-02-2010, 08:44 AM
considering he caught 21 fish (bullheads dont count by the way). the boat that was behind him totally screwed up his catch.

Old Crow
11-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Ha snothing to do with screwing up his catch..Just respect for space.Ever get a fish tangled in some other "Inconsiderate" guys anchor??Funny how the Vedder river mentality has worked its way into every style of fishing

xian
11-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Maybe you should of entered the derby the winner was 6ft 7 inch and they won $2982.00.

darrin6109
11-02-2010, 08:58 AM
i get it old crow, but posting insults about everyone in general that entered the derby is not too classy in my opinion.

xian
11-02-2010, 09:09 AM
I agree with Darrin6109, blanket generalizations reflect more on the personality of the person saying them than on the people they are speaking about. With 164 people and 53 boats in the derby to say everyone was low class is just rude and ignorant and shows the lack of respect he has for his fellow fishermen.

CoqTrophys
11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Like Xian said. 53 boats from mission to queenship is a lot of boats. Derby fishing is going to be crowded no matter what. If your concern was boats anchoring to close to you then maybe you should have splurged on the extra 10 buck in gas and gone above the bridge or below queenship. Sorry to ruin your day but we had boundries we couldn't cross. As far as garbage...... It certainly wasent from our boat and most of the people that were there I know personally and have nothing but respect for the rivers they fish. We had a great day and will be in the derby next year. Thank you Riverside Fly & Tackle.

dwflyrod
11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
i agree had a great time came in 5th with two fish 65 63 inch.will be in next year brew bros

dwflyrod
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
hi thomas you meen you used to sell jet boats

Jetboater
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
sorry I have to remove everything I wrote to keep the peace among the children....and yes Don you are a lunatic and I am no longer selling jetboats....Now I am just someone on he river witnessesing you

darrin6109
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
its funny, usually fellow fisherman a pretty cool guys....but i guess there is always the exception...........unfortunate but reality i guess.

Jetboater
11-02-2010, 06:58 PM
its funny, usually fellow fisherman a pretty cool guys....but i guess there is always the exception...........unfortunate but reality i guess.
Darrin here is something for you... I am on the river every day... your out maybe once a week.... I call it the way I see it... sorry if that offends you....blow me.....

darrin6109
11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
as my mother always said, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. but then again if i had the winning fish ($3000.00) and didnt take the time to enter the derby($30.00) i would probably be pretty choked (as im sure his clients would be if they only knew).....lol.......you snooze you lose!

ruger#1
11-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Ha HA Thomas. your not the same guy I used to know.

darrin6109
11-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Darrin here is something for you... I am on the river every day... your out maybe once a week.... I call it the way I see it... sorry if that offends you....blow me.....

wow, you must be so much fun on your boat , i bet the referrals from your clients just dont stop rolling in.

xian
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately its guys like you thomas who make everyone look bad, if things were that bad out there it falls on the more experienced anglers to let the unexperienced anglers know that they are not being courteous and to let them know what is expected. Doing this in a polite way usually results in a good experience for everyone and one less "ignorant" fisherman. However name calling and being rude usually ends up with a bad taste in everyones mouth and in fighting amongst fisherman is what is destroying our fisheries. Educate rather than alienate !

Barracuda
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I dont have much river fishing experiance but i sure know what what right and wrong is.

we parked at the mouth of the stave and within an hour we had five boats all within 100 yds of us.
One was probably 100ft ahead of us . (this wasnt the derby this was just a regular day out)

I can live with that but the problem i had was the loud music and excessive drinking like it was a party.

Old Crow
11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately its guys like you thomas who make everyone look bad, if things were that bad out there it falls on the more experienced anglers to let the unexperienced anglers know that they are not being courteous and to let them know what is expected. Doing this in a polite way usually results in a good experience for everyone and one less "ignorant" fisherman. However name calling and being rude usually ends up with a bad taste in everyones mouth and in fighting amongst fisherman is what is destroying our fisheries. Educate rather than alienate !

I guess thats one way to look at it.Its kinda hard when the inexperianced internet hero's out number the experianced angler that put his time in.I for one have tried to "Educate" several "Newb" anglers and it always ends up the same way.."Mind your own business" or worse..Its sad that fishing has lost much of its peace and solitude because of people like this.

Thomas is frustrated like many of us are and with out a doubt your goin to see more and more conflicts.The lack of respect for people,they're space,property and the earths resource are the root to all the worlds problems.Oh ya and the internet doesnt help either

ruger#1
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I guess thats one way to look at it.Its kinda hard when the inexperianced internet hero's out number the experianced angler that put his time in.I for one have tried to "Educate" several "Newb" anglers and it always ends up the same way.."Mind your own business" or worse..Its sad that fishing has lost much of its peace and solitude because of people like this.

Thomas is frustrated like many of us are and with out a doubt your goin to see more and more conflicts.The lack of respect for people,they're space,property and the earths resource are the root to all the worlds problems.Oh ya and the internet doesnt help either This is what happens when the city creeps up on you. It's nothing like the eighties where you hardly see anyone on the river. Those were the better days on the river.

Jetboater
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry if I came across as a dick but what I see I calll... Gary does a great job with the derby... unfortunately he can control the guys that enter....if you dont like me thats Okay... Im not here to make friends....certain guys think thier $hit dont stink but thats okay.... I have a lot of rebooked clients that really enjoy fishing with me for the fish... but when my clients from england comment on the lack of integrity after I praise about our fishing community it gets to me .... sorry if I have pissed of a few people that take it way to personal....

btw the fish are on fresh sockeye meat today

Old Crow
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Im not here to make friends....

Hey..You stole that line from Kechika

Leaseman
11-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Sorry if I came across as a dick but what I see I calll... Gary does a great job with the derby... unfortunately he can control the guys that enter....if you dont like me thats Okay... Im not here to make friends....certain guys think thier $hit dont stink but thats okay.... I have a lot of rebooked clients that really enjoy fishing with me for the fish... but when my clients from england comment on the lack of integrity after I praise about our fishing community it gets to me .... sorry if I have pissed of a few people that take it way to personal....

btw the fish are on fresh sockeye meat today

For what it is worth Thomas.... you are welcome in my boat or at my camp anytime....!!

Mike