PDA

View Full Version : dad wants to get his core

fuzzy
09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
good evening

so i was telling my dad about wanting to go hunting over the remembrance day long weekend but that i had no friends that could either make it or that i wanted along. So my dad pipes up "hey i'll go with ya". i am over the moon that he wants to come and camp out with me. even better he wants to get his core so that he is not "dead weight" in his own terms.

how long is the wait time for the core? is it feasible for him to get it in time? i also need to find someone who can offer the course asap preferably in burnaby or surrounding areas.

thanks for your help

fuzzy

fester
09-29-2010, 09:08 PM
look on the bcwf website there will be a list of people that can do it for you
http://www.bcwf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156&Itemid=604

dougal
09-29-2010, 09:15 PM
talk to the guys at Italian sporting goods the guy they use is through the Vancouver gun club in Richmond but he might be able to get the books and challenge the exams the hunting number he should be able to get if he does it quick and gets the papers into the office double quick but it would be a tight squeeze with some over night express mail and the extra 30$ for quick processing
the firearms licences another question because its got to go back east for it to be issued

muledeercrazy
09-29-2010, 10:25 PM
hopefully someone does the course on a sat and sunday. if not, he could challenge. you should be able to have a hunter number card within a week if you can get the core looked after

fuzzy
09-30-2010, 09:31 AM
thanks guys

hes already got his pal so he is good to go in that respect, looks like i had better get on it.

fuzzy

brian
09-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Once he has passed his Core get him to bring the results directly into a place that issues hunter numbers. When I did mine I mailed it in, months later I started getting nervous about getting my number before my first hunting trip. So I call them up to see whats going on and a nice but slow lady finds my paper work. She takes all but 30 seconds looking at it and says it all looks like its in order and issues me a hunter number. As I hung up I couldn't believe I waited months for that.