PDA

View Full Version : Goat in 5-4

deano
09-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone. I am looking for some help to make my goat hunt happen this year. I hunted Taseko (battlement ridge) years ago, and this year got a goat draw that I would like to take my 13 year old son on. Problem is my regular group can't make it, and without a second p/u am a little concerned about going in Oct. Do you know of any others who might be hunting the area in Oct., or a local that could provide up to date info?

pg83
09-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Which zone are you in? I was just up there last week, but only poking around zone A and B. I may be headed up again in October, but I am not sure yet. The hills got a bit of snow last week, but it melted again. Saw a few goats, but nothing special.

.330 Dakota
09-30-2010, 01:04 AM
ElectricDyck was in to Battlement ridge about 2 weeks ago and said they got 6 inches of snow overnight. I have been in there twice within the last 3 years and it is not a good idea when the snow is coming early.
I would truck it as far as the big hill then quad or sled the rest.
I found in Sept the goats in there are up real high though so for hunting Oct would be better, just be very carefull on the weather

deano
09-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys. The draw is in 5-04j, which I remember as being to the north of battlement.

Tarp Man
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Take snowshoes and bear in mind the snow level can drop 1000m overnight if you get the weather. Make sure to check the regs as to when and where you can use quads and sleds for hunting or transporting hunters.

deano
09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
This area is closed to atv / sleds. Anyone have any experiance using the guys who took over Sherwood Henry's area?