PDA

View Full Version : Sitting, hiking/driving-what do you find works best?

drakehunter
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM
been hunting for about 7 years now and have taken 3 deer over the years. 2 of my deer were taken stalking whitetails hiking through the bush. The other one was a buck that I shot well sitting on a ridge looking into a valley (6 hours of sitting that day). Ive hunted in and around logan lake the last few years and have done a combination of hiking/driving FSR roads and also sitting.just wondering what everyone prefers. My group isn't out for trophy, if it's legal and not terribly small we ussually take it.

Jelvis
09-29-2010, 09:44 PM
ALL of the Above lol ...
Jelly ( All works ) Road Hunting .. is best up in Logan Lake .. Surrey - Sussex -- Tunkwa .. Chuwells
Mile High .. Frogmore .. Mammit Lake .. Chartrand .. Dominic .. Indian Gardens .. Occonnel .. Ridge Mt.

Gun Dog
09-29-2010, 09:55 PM
I bring my friend Dave -- he's noisy and restless and seems to distract deer while I plug them. It hasn't been the same since he quit hunting.

.300WSMImpact!
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
hiking in to area's that have not as much hunting pressure than sitting and waiting,

doug0673
09-29-2010, 10:28 PM
I drive to my area, hike in, sit and wait, then spend some time hiking around, sit somemore then hike out to the truck then drive back to cthe cabin.

Jelvis
09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I can't figure out how to sit in one spot in the bush, I gotta see whats over there or around that.
Jel .. I like to ware myself out hunting along, stop look and keep going ..
I can sit at home and pick my nose watching the football game .. What's over there? Gotta go go go c yah later

3kills
09-29-2010, 10:43 PM
i dont like sittin for hours on end but i have and will do it. i really enjoy walkin but dont do it as much as i use to since i started hunting with my bro inlaw. he gets lost in the woods really easy. but this year i m goin to get him walkin out there and tie him to a stump cuz he doesnt like sittin at all.