PDA

View Full Version : Prince George Hunters!

Crys Shorty
09-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi, Im writing to ask anyone in the prince george area for a favor. I`m practicing taxidermy, and I need stuff to practice on. If you get anything, deer, elk, moose, cats, anything and you dont want the pelt or the head (not all racks are trophy racks but the meat is just as good) please let me know. If it`s a part you dont want theres no point in being wasteful. I`m tanning hides, cleaning skulls, and working on mounts. If you`re interested just pm me and I`ll give you my number. If you don`t want the hide but dont want the work either I`m willing to come out and skin it for you. I would prefer clean kills only as I`m currently working on a mulie that was shot in the back of the head execution style, not easy for a mount and kinda gross to work with. Thankyou so much.
PS - Also if it`s something you would like for yourself but not quite worth the money to take it in, I can do the work for you quite cheap.

Grouser
09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I wonder how long it will take the MODS to axe this not so clever bit of advertising.
Lol

Crys Shorty
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Advertising? No I'm just just seeing if anybody has spare "parts" to eliminate waste and get some practice. Seemed like a better idea to ask hunters directly than to wait for the butcher to get something in.

sawmill
09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I wonder how long it will take the MODS to axe this not so clever bit of advertising.
Lol
Or it could be just what it seems,some body who wants to get good at a craft.If I lived closer Coon I would gladly give you practice animals.Ive done a bit of taxi myself and it can be hard to get critters to do up.Hopefully some locals can help you out.

MuleyMadness
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Or it could be just what it seems,some body who wants to get good at a craft.If I lived closer Coon I would gladly give you practice animals.Ive done a bit of taxi myself and it can be hard to get critters to do up.Hopefully some locals can help you out.

I agree....he's just looking to become expert at what he's doing, nothing wrong with that. Further he's asking for parts that people are otherwise going to throw away, seems like no problem to me. Good luck, I too am too far away but I'm sure there is lots to go around up your way.

KB90
09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm in quesnel. We will be taking a couple bears in the next couple weeks. I could skin them and throw em in the freezer if you like. If we get a nice colored one we would be interested in a shoulder mount.

Ruger4
09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Lol

nothing to take to the taxidermist again hey :confused:

300mag
09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
PM sent :-D

hunter#1_300
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I will send you a PM girlfriend just got a brown bear on saterday n we have a wolf n another bear in the freezer. i will see wat i can do for ya

sawmill
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Way to go guys!Knew you were out there:mrgreen:

killman
09-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Hope to get a few yotes, maybe a wolf or two this winter. Maybe we can make a deal.

Crys Shorty
09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks everybody, I'm starting to think I need to invest in a freezer. So far I've learned while working with skulls, make sure the pot is big enough and dont do it in the kitchen. lol. So I'm very greatful, I have nothing but time on my hands (benefit of being a stay at home mom) so anything I can work on would be a pleasure.

moosinaround
09-29-2010, 06:24 PM
If I get an elk I would like a european mount done, so hopefully I will PM ya tomorrow??!!:-D Moosin

Crys Shorty
09-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm getting good at skulls, so far I've learned to make sure the pot is big enough and dont do it in the kitchen. I would love to try tanning but I must be clear that I have not tried this technique before and I'm not sure if the end result is flexible or stiff.I was hoping to practice on an old muley hide that doesnt matter to find out. Granted you can always work with it a bit to soften it but I am very cautious of taking on someones beautiful hide and facing someone dissapointment when it doesn't turn out the way they wanted. So thanks to everyone for helping out,
Crystal

The Dawg
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Well I just got my bear skull back from Crystal.

Gave it to her frozen on Tuesday, and got it back today.

GREAT work, and I will definately be bringing more to her in the future.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend her at all.

Thanks again !

xtremearchery
10-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Lol

Give it a rest!!!

3006pg
10-07-2010, 12:48 AM
hey ill get a coyote for u this weekend hopefully. ill pm you if i get one

swampthing
10-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Moosinaround, I saw your elk at crystals. Good one.