PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding road hunters 3-29

NitwiT
09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey all,

possibility of heading up to a family lodge on Tranquille Lake for the weekend of the 10th. Will be walking out of that area, possibility of driving into other areas then walking.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on where to head from there so as to avoid the massive amount of humanity that is SURE to be up there.

Mark

ps. Don't really know the area, been there only once, I don't want your honey hole locations (though that would be great). Just looking for good open areas to check out that are away from vehicle accesable logging roads.

Kirby
09-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Just get out of your truck. The farther you walk the less people you'll see.

Kirby

Paulyman
09-29-2010, 07:53 AM
5m into the bush is a good place to not see road hunters.

knighthunter
09-29-2010, 08:18 AM
5m-- that's like 15 feet. LOL.

elkdom
09-29-2010, 08:30 AM
close Your Eyes!,,,it Probably Wont Matter Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,:?

4 point
09-29-2010, 08:31 AM
That's right cause if your 15 feet off the road all them road hunters will just be just a roaring by.

mr7mm
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM
i have been up that way and found that park and go works good and seen lots of deer sign and no raod hunters good luck and enjoy the weekend

wolverine
09-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Get off the road and you won't see any road hunters. Pretty simple isn't it? Just watch for fence lines and the like as they usually mean private property.

NitwiT
09-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok, obviously I should have been more specific, in the time I have hunted there, I have gone for a couple long walks into the bush. Both times I came into a nice clearing that lo and behold had someones jacked up one ton truck parked in the middle.

I guess the answer is to check a map and walk in a direction that doesnt lead to any roads. So never mind.

tim3500
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey thats my truck and I was there first lol

Matty_ola
09-29-2010, 08:32 PM
The road that connects to red lake road from tranquille lk. is a great place to start. Head west on the road about 2-3 km and you'll find a tremendously large cut block on your right that backs onto another large cut block north of it. Get out and walk the treeline:) I harvested my 4 point two weeks ago only about 1 km into the my hike. Good luck:) PM me if you need directions. If you don't already have one a backroad mapbook is a must have.

Caveman
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Pick up a backroads book for the Kamloops area. I'm sure there are a bunch of hiking trails around the Tranquille lake area

From the east end of the lake heading north is a trail called the Masters Subalpine Trek. Get back on it about three km and you'll be in the subalpine and vehicle restricted area

M.Dean
09-29-2010, 08:42 PM
What you really have to remember NitwiT is to others that see YOU in the bush, your adding to the massive amount of Humanity There seeing, maybe just walk at night???

elkdom
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I love to sit in my truck and wait for other guys walking through the forest, spooking game out into my cross hairs,,,:-D

all I have to do to avoid road hunters is turn on my 4way flashers :idea:, they rarely run into my parked truck!:mrgreen:

Jelvis
09-29-2010, 09:09 PM
If I had a horse I'd ride off into the sunset, if I had the time I spend my whole life in MU 3-29 fair mule deer .. sheep and grouse.
Tranquille road forks 32 km from Tranquille, with right fork into the Tranquille Lake left to Red lake make no mistake and Criss Creek.
Or up Sabaston west of Savanno .. Or Deadman Creek for a peek ..
Jelly (Gorgeous Country) Bucks and Bulls By the Duzz zoonz .. Play Something Country .. Out in the country ..
Rock thi$ Bar .. Clay and rock ridges .. meander the bluffs to Copper Creek for some big buck sightings .... George Straight Junkie .. Play Something Country .. Pick it up a little .. Hah whoooo ooh .. lol .. one more drink

Caveman
09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
West of Tranquille Lk at Truda Lake there is a deactivared road heading east called the Truda Lk snowmobile trail. You may run into a quad but at least the vehicles can't get in there from what I remember

Jelvis
09-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Head up the Tranquille road and just past the Buck and Doe Ranch House turn up and go about 2k to 4k and head over towards Frog Lake walking, park vehicle off the road in a good safe spot and head off .. You'll see something and no cars or trucks .. it's wild and exciting to see .. it has deer habitat ...
Jelly Time .. If you walk slow and along the trees and bush line you go slow .. You could see Mr. Big.
.. Just make sure you use a compass and believe it, take readings standing away from your vehicle about twenty feet .. If you drop a beauty gut it, mark it with hanging white toilet paper if it's dry out, you can see it waving from near by tree limbs from a long ways away, then get help to drag it out .. or quarter it and make trips .. it would be a great experience and a place to go back to over and over.