PDA

View Full Version : Hunting 8-22 8-23

Van-Isle
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
So, I'm planning on going up to stay at my girlfriends parents place for 5 days or so and im also planning on hanging some meat in their garage.
I did some scouting last year and saw some whitetails in the aberdeen/nicklen lake area. Saw a few mulies up harris creak aswell. Just hoping that someone could narrow down the search a bit for me. Im on the island and I go to university so I dont have a lot of extra time to scout on top of the norm.
I was also wondering if there was any point in buying a moose tag as I see the spike bulls are open. I've done a fair bit of moose hunting up north and I know how hard it can be to find an imy. Saw one up toward nicklen lake but other than that are there many around?

Anything would be appreciated, thanks folks.

Jelvis
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Mu 8-22 ... good whitetail and mule deer by King Edward Lake area ..... and .....plus...................or
Aberdeen Lake area reached from Lavington via logging road which connects with Dee Lake/Beaver Lake road.
MU 8-23 ... good deer country access via Harris Creek road ... your in the know ... so go get a deer
Jelly .. good deer country

nano
09-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Like Jelvis said king Edward lake just make sure to get out and walk. Will be up there for thanksgiving.

Van-Isle
10-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys. Any moose around or is it just the odd one in the holes?

kebes
10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I've seen lots of moose up harris creek, I usually avoid king eddy though (just personal preference). Don't write off white tails up harris either, quite a few of them up there. Good luck!