09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Ok so buddy has draw for zone a nov 1-15 any info
understand there is a ranch involved to go through or around
also read 175 a tag or person conflicting reports anybody been up yet
also probably take 2 quads and sled
any other advice
thanks guys don't know what i would do without huntingbc

09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
A great Guy is Jamie at Pink Mnt. Motor Inn, he is very helpful, has accommodations, good food and knowledge of the area.

Goes by sheepelkmoosefanattic on this site, I might have the name wrong.

You can stay at the Blue Berry Ranch, a native ranch, 175 per person plus the cabin rental. Info should be in your package from MOE.

Good luck .... do the RUG they are beautiful.

CT

rocket
09-29-2010, 07:32 AM
thanks for the info curly top

rocket
09-29-2010, 07:35 AM
anybody been up this year yet? success?

tomahawk
09-29-2010, 08:13 AM
anybody been up this year yet? success?

The hunt doesn't start till this Friday!!

rocket
09-29-2010, 08:33 AM
opps never checked leh thought there was one in september should have another cup of coffee

tomahawk
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Not to worry, there are lots of Bison in area A, you'll find them if you try.

rocket
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
from what i have read it sounds like you've been there a couple of times tomahawk. have you hunted zone a

silvercreek20
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I have been in there twice. Successful both times. PM me is you want some help

tomahawk
09-29-2010, 04:12 PM
from what i have read it sounds like you've been there a couple of times tomahawk. have you hunted zone a

Only been in area B as that used to be where the bison hung out, now as you can see by the # of LEH's given out, area A is where the most bison are.

MB_Boy
09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
hey rocket...

Do a search on the forum....this same thread comes up every year discussing what to do up there and the situation up there with access etc. Heck...I have seen the discussion so much I am surprised I can't spit it all out for you word for word...ha ha. :wink:

There were a few VERY good threads on bison hunting, things to consider etc over the years. Well worth digging back to see if you can find them.

rocket
09-29-2010, 05:12 PM
MB Boy ya i hear ya have read alot of it is nice to make contacts with members and the current situation from year to year. Never hurts to ask the question even if you know most of the answers can always learn something new or a trick from the horses mouth

northernhunter
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Talk to Jamie at pink mtn. Was hauling gravel from sikani River last year and stayed at the lodge,real good food mostly home made. Rooms are not real great but very clean and good rates, the hunters that were having a hard time in november got some tips from him and got there animals soon after. Friendly guy and very knowledgable about the area. Also they were charging 175 per person to go through the gate on the ranch last year not per tag. good luck

rocket
09-29-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks for the info northerhunter I think I'll talk to buddy about staying at jamie's maybe from what i have read seems like the guy to talk to.

ufishifish2
09-29-2010, 09:04 PM
After reading the older threads, I am still wondering about 7-57A as well.
Are there still lots of Bison there in January, or is B better?
Hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread a bit there rocket! I didn't want to start another one for such a simple question.

rocket
09-29-2010, 09:06 PM
no worries ufish it's all about bison

itch
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Pulled mine out already. The trail around the ranch is a hard 4 hours according to the guys who did it this year. The road through the ranch is an easy 20 minutes. The ranch charged us 175 for licence holder and 75 for each "helper". HOWEVER if you pay you get to hunt on their property in a big area by the airstrip and beyond which is easy to drive on to your kill. We had big herds to choose from.
Good luck

moose2
10-06-2010, 07:43 AM
I have harvested bison from both zones. I found A easier to hunt as far as spotting and retrieving. We used the Cypress Creek trail to by pass using the ranch , but I have heard this option is better and cheaper than when we went in 1996. You do have to cross the Halfway if you go this way. It was frozen solid (Dec) the year we went , so it might not be an option this time of year. I am not sure. I was in B in December as well and found the bison were pushed up the mountain. Had to go up on foot and slide the halves down on tarps. It was steep and snow covered so it wasn't to bad about a km per hour. When we did A zone we rented a cabin at Pink mnt camp ground. As said earlier the owner was very helpful with directions of how to get to to the trail heads. When we did B we stayed at the lodge and payed for room and meals. This was great in my opinion , prices are reasonable and it sure cuts down on gear that needs to be hauled. Mike and Dixie were very friendly and the meals were great. I found both hunts great with there own different challenges. Hope this helps
MIKE

Mik
10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
There are ways Around the ranch !!!!! Already bin said, read the previous threads. Not trying' to lump all, but I wouldn't pay the ..... A dime!

bridger
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM
there is some controversy about paying an access fee at the ranch at pink mtn to go bison hunting. when my wife got a draw a few years ago we paid $175 per person and thought the money well spent. I think everyone needs to remember that the land is private no matter who owns it. It is also bothersome as a private landowner to have hunters constantly traveling through your land. It is also important to recognize that the present owners allow access through their land and allow you to hunt on their private property if you pay the access fee. The previous owner/outfitter would not under any circumstances allow resident hunters (bison or other species) access to a great deal of crown land no matter how much you paid. He would also wreck your truck if you went around his ranch. All in all the present owners are to be commended in my view.

tomahawk
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
there is some controversy about paying an access fee at the ranch at pink mtn to go bison hunting. when my wife got a draw a few years ago we paid $175 per person and thought the money well spent. I think everyone needs to remember that the land is private no matter who owns it. It is also bothersome as a private landowner to have hunters constantly traveling through your land. It is also important to recognize that the present owners allow access through their land and allow you to hunt on their private property if you pay the access fee. The previous owner/outfitter would not under any circumstances allow resident hunters (bison or other species) access to a great deal of crown land no matter how much you paid. He would also wreck your truck if you went around his ranch. All in all the present owners are to be commended in my view.

Ditto, well said!!