PDA

View Full Version : 2 More Sleeps...

Waynewjw
09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, almost packed everything up except for the rifles. Four of us got a 2-draw for moose, and our other 2 guys also got a draw for moose, so 6 guys with 3 tags...awesome. Been putting in for the draw for 5 years now and finally got drawn.

So I'm leaving Thursday for Region 3 and ready to go on opening day - Oct 1. Going to be up there until Oct. 12 so it should be a great hunt. All of us also have mule deer tags.

Early summer scouting of the area showed a lot of mulies and a lot more moose sign than previous years. A couple of the boys have also got their bear tags so all in all it should be an interesting hunt.

Finally got the new Sako A7 in .270 sighted in with 130 grains. Also taking up a Browning High Wall in .270 with Z600 Zeiss and a Browning High Wall in 22-250 with Nikon Monarch BDC for any yotes, maybe a wolf or two. So I'm stoked as this is the longest hunt I'm going to be on in many, many years...all in the company of some great friends. (Just couldn't hire a gun bearer for cheap....food and excitment, nobody was going for it). Going to take the Canon with all my zoom lenses so hopefully I'll have some excellent photo's to post.

The Dawg
09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Take a whitetail tag too...they're up there and the antlerless season for them opens oct 10th.

4 point
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
What management area of 3?

Waynewjw
09-28-2010, 03:35 PM
If I told you, then I'd have to kill you, and I don't want to do that.

d6dan
09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Good luck on your hunt Waynewjw... I'm getting itchy to get going too. Won't be long now..Don't forget a whitetail tag.:wink:.

Waynewjw
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I know that some of Region 3 has whitetails, however, we've never seen one in the area we're hunting,not to say they aren't hiding around the next bend. I'll talk to my friends and see if a couple of us should pick up a whitetail tag.

mudNblood
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
best of luck to you guys!!!!