PDA

View Full Version : Hudson Hope Safe Drop location & Thank you to Grizz59!

biggameapprentice
09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
After a successful and fun hunt last year, ( A big thanks to Colin, Grizz59) I’m excited to just be days away from our yearly hunt! Excited is an understatement!

Were looking for someone in the Hudson Hope area that would have a safe spot to drop our Quad and generator for 2-3 days while we take a short boat trip. In thanks, we have a tasty costal appreciation gift for helping us out. Were also looking for potential cooler storage options in the Hudson Hope and Fort St. John area, I’m sure cooler storage is in high demand although having some options would be great. I'll be checking the posts to try and find some cooler storage options. If anyone has any options a PM would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

biggameapprentice
09-28-2010, 03:22 PM
We are also planning to do a river float for 2-3 days on the Prophet River if river levels are ok so if there is anyone between the Prophet and Fort Nelson that would be able to help out with safe drop for our quad it would be amazing. Thanks!

tackdriver
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
we hunt moose there in august and usually do quite well if the cooler in town is full try the old fox farm on the haystack rd just above town the lady there has always been very good to us and taken very good care of our meat hope this helps and most of all GOOD LUCK

biggameapprentice
09-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks, which town is the Old Fox farm located?

biggameapprentice
09-29-2010, 01:32 AM
Haven’t found anywhere to drop the quad yet for a couple days? I guess I should be asking if anyone wants to ride it for a couple days! :-)

steve_j
09-29-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm in Beryl Prairie which is about 10 km west of HH, got a fair amount of room if you need. As for meat coolers there a place right on the highway in Charlie Lake.

Steve.

biggameapprentice
09-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Wow, thanks Steve! That would be great! I'll PM you for details.:-D

tackdriver
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks, which town is the Old Fox farm located?

its in hudson hope the people at the cooler in town should be able to give directions or just about any of the locals hope this helps :-D

hunter#1_300
09-29-2010, 05:22 PM
I think its at the super value or the grocery store in hudsons hope u can bring your meet there they have a cooler in the back

steve_j
09-29-2010, 06:26 PM
The Shop Easy in town will probably have room, the ony issue might be their hours; open till 6pm and closed Sunday.

Steve.

Grizz59
09-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the comments and i hope your trip this year is just as successful and enjoyable as last year. My friend and i are heading out this weekend for the elk opener here in the west kootneys. Good luck and let me know how you trip and season turn out.

biggameapprentice
09-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the help and luck! It’s the last night to prepare things and pack, cant wait to start hunting! :-D

biggameapprentice
09-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Good to hear from you Grizz! Can't tell you how much we enjoyed the moose! Especially the pepperoni. We’ve added an extra fuel tank for the truck and an extra tidy tank so were not packing diesel cans anymore! You sure saved our hid last year.

This year we decided to add 1-2 river floats so were hauling a boat and quad, it’s almost getting to be more that we can haul, although it’s good incentive to work for a newer truck and a dream toy hauler.

I’ll be sure to let you know how things go and good luck for your hunt. You got a beauty last year!