PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Prince George

TroutFry
09-28-2010, 10:38 AM
hey folks, long time lurker here. i finally decided to join, and start contributing.

i just moved to Prince George and am starting to get into hunting. i've been slowly teaching myself over the last 2 years or so. so far, i have a few squirrels and a couple grouse to my name. i have no luck with big game at all. lol.

i'm 21 years old and have been an avid shooter for about 5 years and a fisherman for 14 years. i'm really looking forward to learning this region, getting involved with the rod and gun club and pursuing my passion for the outdoors in northern bc.

i do have a doe draw for region 3-30, but i don't know if i'll be able to make it due to work. since i'm just getting settled in, and the only gun i have with me right now is my shotgun, i think my hunting will be mostly grouse and scouting out new areas for next season. can anyone maybe suggest a general direction to head? obviously i'm not looking for honey holes. those are always sweeter when found on one's own anyway. :)

thanks guys, i look forward to becoming a part of the HBC and Prince George communities. and hopefully once i'm finished settling in, i'll get to meet some of you all in person. :mrgreen:

Tenacious Billy
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
hey folks, long time lurker here. i finally decided to join, and start contributing.

i just moved to Prince George and am starting to get into hunting. i've been slowly teaching myself over the last 2 years or so. so far, i have a few squirrels and a couple grouse to my name. i have no luck with big game at all. lol.

i'm 21 years old and have been an avid shooter for about 5 years and a fisherman for 14 years. i'm really looking forward to learning this region, getting involved with the rod and gun club and pursuing my passion for the outdoors in northern bc.

i do have a doe draw for region 3-30, but i don't know if i'll be able to make it due to work. since i'm just getting settled in, and the only gun i have with me right now is my shotgun, i think my hunting will be mostly grouse and scouting out new areas for next season. can anyone maybe suggest a general direction to head? obviously i'm not looking for honey holes. those are always sweeter when found on one's own anyway. :)

thanks guys, i look forward to becoming a part of the HBC and Prince George communities. and hopefully once i'm finished settling in, i'll get to meet some of you all in person. :mrgreen:

You can go any direction from town and turn off on one of the major logging roads....from there, you'll have spur roads a plenty to explore, all of which should hold grouse.

mxracer328
09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
yup, lots of grouse out here this year, already have 8 in the freezer, ive been going out west down the greg creek or bobtail for grouse, and the odd hunt, but it gets alot of pressure. i havent been to much on the other sides of town, i suppose i should start exploring out that way.

knighthunter
09-28-2010, 11:43 AM
If your shotgun is a 12 guage, pick up a box or two of slugs. Set up a target AT 50 - 70 yards and see where your shooting. Then get out and shoot your doe.

TroutFry
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
thanks for the info guys. good idea knighthunter. i'll do that.

Torch
09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
My wife and I are in the process of transfering to PG, hope to be up there during the winter... I'm just getting into hunting also and wiil be looking for some folks to hunt/shoot with... I'll look ya up when I get up there, the wife and I are both going to join the gun club to get to know people....

Travis

moosinaround
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
What part of town you livin in? I have shown a few LML aliens a few spots over the years. I could send ya into a place or two. gimme a PM!! Moosin

The Dawg
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
What part of town you livin in? I have shown a few LML aliens a few spots over the years. I could send ya into a place or two. gimme a PM!! Moosin

Hey! Watch with the name callin'!

;)

moosinaround
09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey! Watch with the name callin'!

;)
Awe Shit Dawg, yer a local now!! Moosin