PDA

View Full Version : Looking for any tips on area 5-13c

huff
09-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi , I am looking for any tips on hunting moose is area 5-13c My two daughters and I each have a bull moose tag for that area,also they each have an antlerless mule deer tags.
We will be staying at fishpot lake.
I was also wondering what the upland gamebird hunting was like there .I have a springer spaniel that is itching to get some birds.
Thanx in advance for any help:-D

Huff

Cbuck
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Took a couple 4 yrs ago from Pelican lake although I heard it is now all burned out. We were going to stay at fishpot but decided not to cause it seemed like everyone else was staying there. Should be enough people to either give you advice on where the game is at...probably lots up there anyhow. Call em out if you can.

muledeercrazy
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
you should have a good chance of filling a tag or two.

dunbartr
09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I shot my first moose while hunting with my dad and my dog in 5-13c about 8 years ago. Fishpot lake is a great place to stay and hunt from. Last time I was around that area is was logged much heavier and there are a tonne of roads, but it's still a great area, especially if you have the rut draws. I would head to the 4400 road area and get a little ways back in there. We always saw lots of sigh and movement in there and there are nice little swamps/wetlands not far from the road. Great places to sit and call. It also follows the river for the first several km along the main road. Don't get hung up on driving all over the place and you don't need to hunt far form camp.

I am jealous of your planned hunt, I am fond of that area and it really is great having nice cabins to come back to every night, plus showers and fuel all right there. I just had my first child, a daughter, two weeks ago, so enjoy your hunt with them!

huff
09-29-2010, 05:34 AM
I shot my first moose while hunting with my dad and my dog in 5-13c about 8 years ago. Fishpot lake is a great place to stay and hunt from. Last time I was around that area is was logged much heavier and there are a tonne of roads, but it's still a great area, especially if you have the rut draws. I would head to the 4400 road area and get a little ways back in there. We always saw lots of sigh and movement in there and there are nice little swamps/wetlands not far from the road. Great places to sit and call. It also follows the river for the first several km along the main road. Don't get hung up on driving all over the place and you don't need to hunt far form camp.

I am jealous of your planned hunt, I am fond of that area and it really is great having nice cabins to come back to every night, plus showers and fuel all right there. I just had my first child, a daughter, two weeks ago, so enjoy your hunt with them!

Hi Dunbartr I think we are getting there just after the rut, Oct 15th.till the 24th. We had a draw for two moose in 5-13b we hunted for 10 days and got 1 two years ago. I meant to put in for zone c but made a mistake . We didnt see any deer then , did you see many in zone c.
How about grouse. My eldest daughter shot a moose 5 years ago and the youngest shot an Elk 3 years ago. They are 17 and 14 now and they both love hunting still.
Ya we really lucked out on draws this year I also got a bull elk draw for Gold river that opens on the Oct.10th.
Cant wait. Oh and congrats on your new born. I have 2 daughters and an 8 year old son the girls were angels and the boy is a tyrant. And they,ve all had blood on their hands.
Huff.

robertmcallan
09-29-2010, 08:34 PM
hunted their two years ago we only seen one buck which we shot and two moose and had the same draw date you had stayed in the same spots that 4400 road is were i got my moose all you got to do is find sign and work that road hard we spent the whole day walking up and down a side road off of it

Peters Wildlife
10-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Lots of sharptail