PDA

View Full Version : lone praire or chetwynd for elk/moose

1 shot 1 kill
09-27-2010, 04:18 PM
hello everyone..just looking for some last minute advice here..my brother and i are taking our dad (66yrs) up north to hopefully get a late season elk or moose..will be first elk for us..and am still trying to figure out just where i want to start out!! big country up there..i have lots of pointers given on here..which is great..i am just wondering if i went closer to lone praire i could hunt elk region 7-20A and go on the other side and hunt moose in 7-22 with out having to truck our quads anywhere? is this feasable? not sure if there is good numbers of elk near lone praire or not or if there is alot of private land etc???
if private can i ask for permission without being shot at for asking? lol hahaha...any last minute advice would be great..we first thought of going into the Del Rio..which we may still do that, but it is a ways to go to hunt moose from there it looks like..but if chances are better for elk there thats where we will go first and see what happens!!
thanks everyone...
i look forward to seeing some more elk pics on here to get the blood flowing in hopes of getting my first one!! i got a little 5 point muley opening weekend and my brother a 4x3, they were running together i have pics on here of them..nothing huge by any means but it was still a good trip..now we are hungry to give the north a try we havent been up there in over 20yrs..we used to hunt pink mountain area when we were younger..
thnaks again..we leave friday afterwork and start hunting saturday morning!!!!!