PDA

View Full Version : Sept 25.2010 hunt

bc_buckshot
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
It started at 3am heading to Reg 8, with my uncle, Ron, and myself for 4 point or bigger mule deer. My uncle and Ron went to cover one mountian valley and I took another mountian and its valley. It was a busy day for does, seen 10 on my side feeding on the side of the valley I was on. About 8am I heard a BOOM coming from the area my uncle and Ron were at. I stayed on my side until 12 because I knew the deer were in the thick cover bedded down for a snooze so back on the bike and headed to see them. I finally found their bikes and went for a search. I ended seeing my uncle coming up to the top of the valley and saw his hands covered in blood. It didn't click in right away and I said what happend. He said I cut my self while he was laughing. I freaked and said you okay?, he said yeah its not that big. Then he put his hands near my nose and I smelled and quickly knew that wasn't human blood and he said Ron got a nice bear. I asked well what happend. Make it short, they were watching a bunch of does and all of a sudden they got spooked and ran up the hill towards them. They kept watching that area and saw this bear running full tilt chasing them. The deer ran off to the side and Yogi was broad side and Ron blasted the bear with an asprin and down he went.Besides that only buck we saw was a 2 point on the way back to the highway at 8pm coming home. Have problems uploading the pic so if someone can help I can send the pic

d6dan
09-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Here's your bear....

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/d6dan/Sept_25_bear.jpg

bc_buckshot
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the help.

nano
09-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Congrats bc buckshot!