PDA

View Full Version : Texada Acorn Club?

lp270win
09-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Just curious if anyone here is a member of the acorn club and/or could tell me a bit about it. I'm going to try to make a few trips over to Texada this year and I'm wondering if it's worth getting a membership. I know there's only 75 memberships available each year and I dont even know if there are any left. Also I'm not that familier with the island as I've only been there once for the late archery season about 12 years ago. I'd like to go over for the doe season and i understand it can be a bit of a zoo. Having a membership might help that, but is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction for all the public land if I dont end up with a membership? Is there anywhere I could get a detailed map of the island?

Thanks so much guys for any help!
Laurence

lp270win
09-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyone with any info??:confused:
Thanks,
Laurence

barry6.5x55
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Save your money I took my son over there a few years ago and bought one of those memberships and all in all was greatly disappointed by the whole thing. Spotted no deer at all on those Acorn lands and the BC ferry fees were a killer in the end.

All the deer I seen were in that town site ( I forget the name)
eating peoples gardens .

2x4x16
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
There is a lot of land up island that is private, lots of people hunt the lands without the club membership. Lots of Cos to check the land usage around Nov long weekend. In past we have gotten Acorn club membership --so we are legal and not worried at all with the Acorn club membership. The airport has always produce for us which is Acorn land - that alone is worth it. Don't go to the island with out 3 tags. You will fill them in Nov when does are open.