PDA

View Full Version : moving to 4-23

adamgarbett
09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm planning on moving to fernie/sparwood in Oct. Any locals with any advise? I have a 2 year daughter and a lab and I'm wondering were to start looking for housing.

Climbit
09-27-2010, 11:38 AM
sent ya a PM

rocksteady
09-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I know there are members here with ties to teh Elk....

Model88
Bozzdrywall
Budismyhorse....

Maybe they can help ya...

j270wsm
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Where are you working? There are lots of houses for sale in the Elk Valley, Fernie is the most expensive, but has the most shopping, and STILL HAS a hospital. Other than a machine shop in sparwood(Elk Valley precision machining and cab)that sells hunting and shooting stuff, there is no real sports shops, just Canadian tire in fernie.

adamgarbett
09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Where are you working? There are lots of houses for sale in the Elk Valley, Fernie is the most expensive, but has the most shopping, and STILL HAS a hospital. Other than a machine shop in sparwood(Elk Valley precision machining and cab)that sells hunting and shooting stuff, there is no real sports shops, just Canadian tire in fernie.

I like road trips to bass pro shop and cabellas LOL. I have a couple in's at a couple of the mines for work and I'm probably going to rent for the first bit.

Thanx for the info greatly

model88
09-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Fernie is nice, more shopping, restaraunts, entertainment etc but is furthest from the mines and has the most expensive housing.

Sparwood is nice as well, but is limited with all the above which Fernie has, 20 minutes away, housing is cheaper and its central for the mines.

Elkford, is a beautiful little town, same limitations as Sparwood, housing is on par with Sparwood, maybe a little cheaper and is close to two of the mines.

Not sure of the rental situation in any of the towns, but you better get on it as the ski season is approaching and rentals get gobbled up fast in Fernie and in Sparwood.

All three have great hunting a fishing minutes from town, welcome to the Valley.....

adamgarbett
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Climbit I never got ur pm

sawmill
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Check out Kijijii for cranbrook for rentals.I noticed some listings for around Fernie,sure not cheap though,good luck.

brock77
09-28-2010, 08:36 PM
i have sent pm

adamgarbett
10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Well I have made to the elk valley. I am staying at my buddys in sparwood right now. Got in last night around 8 after a long drive towing my rig (Lifted 86 chev) behind another friends truck, what a sketchy haul that was hahaha. I'm going to hand out some resumes and shake some hands today then its a day of hunting and exploring tomorrow and Friday, can't wait!

rocksteady
10-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Make sure you get maps of where the private mine property is....They have little or no sense of humour for persons hunting on their property....

Your buddy should be able to help you on that one too....

Post pics when you whap something...