PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Lumby from Fort St John

endtimerwithabow
05-08-2006, 03:48 PM
well we finally moved and unpacked (to much junk). any members in the area that can give me some insight about the area and where to go hun ting (and fishing) would be muchly appreciated. Is there a 3d shooting arena around here? Would like to try some shootn at life like targets. I need to tune my sights from hand held to mech release. thanks Doug

sealevel
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Good place to live endtimer we have a pretty good 3d shoot in salmon arm on the 27-28 come and enjoy.

Archive
05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Hidden lk has a derby every year if you like small lakes. Mabel is good if you like deeper waters.

Foxer
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
PM sent. :)

oldtimer
05-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Deer hunting is great around Lumby. I lived around there in the 70's. Nailed a huge buck in an area known as the " Silver Hills " north of lumby out Mabel Lake road. Also any of the hills any where along the valley. Good Luck.

Bigbuckadams
05-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Lots of area around Lumby to both hunt and fish. As far as the hunting goes, Mulies and Whitetails are fairly high in numbers, bear and moose sightings aren't rare. Hunting pressure can be quite high in a lot of the easy access areas, not uncommon to pass 20-30 vehicles on a trip through Harris creek/Aberdeen Plateau. The Kettle valley is a short trip and you also have some Mountain Goat up past Sugar Lake, just outside of Cherryville. Fishing is excellent for Rainbow's, but again, the easy access lakes are busy places and mainly offer pan fryers for size. Spring Salmon in the Shuswap and a few lakes hold some Brookies. Also, some Lake Trout and Kokanee in both Kal and Echo lakes. You have a lot of exploring to do!! Have fun:lol:

boxhitch
05-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Bbadams pretty well nailed it. Just pick a heading and within 10 mins. your into the critters. Avoid the weekend warriors, and you'll have a hard time finding another vehicle, on lots of the roads. Wel come !!

Huntinfool
05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey, welcome to the area as everyone has said already huntin and fishin is good but fairly busy.

mrdoog
05-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Good on ya!
We used to have yearly family reunions at Keefer Lake. Hauled some nice brookies out of there.
We used to stay at the Gold Panner for a week while deer hunting in the area.
The number of whitetails out in the power lines was crazy.
Saw my one and only Grizzly up in that area.
My only concern about Lumby was that it gets socked in fog in the fall, but don't despair. Just find a road and drive uphill 500 metres and you're out of it.
Enjoy your move.

Mik
05-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Welcome, Talk to Leon Meier (Vernon Fish & Game club), he's in charge of the 3d shoots at the club. Hunting is excellent all around the MU 8-24 Mabel Lake area, which is now your back yard.

endtimerwithabow
05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
since i've been here i have seen 2 grizz (my first), a couple blackies and lots of deer. not like fsj but still there are alot around here.