PDA

View Full Version : chetwynd or lone praire for elk?

1 shot 1 kill
09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
this will be my first trip in 20 yrs to the north to hunt. i will be bringing my dad, and of course taking our 65yr old father with us in search of late season elk or moose.
i have been researching like crazy trying to find the best spots to go, and still an not 100% sure just yet where we will be starting out. i am hoping for some elk...but would like to stick close to 7-22, 7-31 for moose as well, and have heard that lone praire might be a good spot for elk?
i was thinking of heading into Del Rio, but was looking for some last minute advice or info if possible...we have atv's and lots of tags haha
i have been given some good advice so far on here and thought well..i am leaving in 5 days so why not go for some last minute advice as well to maybe better our odds of coming home with some meat. we have 2 mulies down already, my little 5 pointer and brothers 4x3...and are really looking forward to hopefully getting our first ever elk!!
thanks everyone, i hope you all have agreat season. and keep the pics and stories coming they make for great reading, gets the blood flowing knowing our chance is approaching soon..

ape
09-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Lone Prairie has limited access and if and when it rains the mud is extreme. The road into the public area is very steep and if there is any mud at all it can be very nerve wracking ecspecialy if you have a trailer or utility trailer no matter how good of tires you have.

1 shot 1 kill
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
yikes..thanks for the heads up..i think we will be looking into another area? maybe del rio or something in that range...
thanks again..