PDA

View Full Version : Older Compound Limb alignment

Stéphane
09-26-2010, 10:22 AM
It seems like all I do is ask questions. This time it is regarding the limbs on my bow. The upper limb is slightly turned to the right. I took a picture, but it's hard to see, but the wood handle and the limb should be perfectly covering each other. I tried to moved it back, but without releasing the pressure, it's not gonna budge. Could it be a problem, or is it when the string was replaced?
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/IMG_2682.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/IMG_2681.jpg

Bowzone_Mikey
09-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Common problem with older bows ... thats why for Limb pockets became the flavour ... sort to speak ... I bet if you go shoot the bow a dozen or so times you might find that its back to straight ...

if it stays the same then there might be an alignment notch or something ... I really dont know alot about these older bows ... you might hafta relax the bow and re adjust ... But I am willing to bet that you are fighting a losing battle triing to keep it inline perfectly

greybark
09-26-2010, 04:11 PM
:-D Hey Stephane . Keep an eye on it , maybe use a fine marker line to track any movement .
:-D No movement then you are OK as the bow will be more consistant then any of US will be .
:-DThese little problems just teach you . I admire your persistance and know you will do well in this archery adventure . Keep going as there so much enjoyment down the road .

greybark
09-27-2010, 08:37 PM
:-D Hey Stephane , There is a good chance that a centering pin is 2 in from your limb ajustment bolts which would keep the limb in its present place .
:icon_frow If your bow was dropped at some time this Centering pin could lean over a bit causing the butt end to angle up as the photo indicates .
:wink: The good news is sometimes this center pin can be realigned or in severe cases can be relocated by a good bowyer . If this off alignment gets worse or you are uncomfortable with it I would recommend a newer bow with composite limbs . Lots of choise out there at very reasonable prices . The updated technical aspects of such a bow would be of considerable advantage to you .
Cheers

Stéphane
09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks, Greybark, I'm actually contemplating a new bow (check my other post). That would allow me to fully restore this one. I really enjoy shooting with this old fashion stuff. Plus, it's a gift from my dad, so needless to say that I'll keep it, no matter what.