PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes It Does Not Pay To Hunt With Another Hunter..

hunter1947
09-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Some times it does not pay off to hunt with another hunter ,I hooked up with a friend to hunt with for the morning.

I said I would cow call and for him to get set up in the far right hand corner of this slash.

I called this bull out from my right he came right out to my friend ,bang bang ,I was in the wrong place ,wrong time :icon_frow.

Things went bad after we got to his bull ,I was sucker punched and I don't want to mention any names I left after we had some bad words ,never ever will I hunt with someone else without getting the rules straight before a hunt .

I said this one before but I did not say anything before the hunt ,my faulthttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif.

Here is the bull I wanted but did not get it is a 8x7..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PIC_0267.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20526)

Stone Sheep Steve
09-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Sucker-punched as in fists?? Or was that a figure of speech?:?

Didn't quite follow the story:confused:...

SSS

kgs
09-26-2010, 07:33 AM
i agree gotta talk about who is doing what first had a similar situation a couple of years ago still good friends but we talk first so game plan is clear.

ydouask
09-26-2010, 07:42 AM
I am assuming(I know, I know) that the meat sharing part of the hunt did not end up as a 50/50 deal. You certainly can be proud of your part in the hunt... congrats on a beautiful bull. The season is young!

hunter1947
09-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Sucker-punched as in fists?? Or was that a figure of speech?:?

Didn't quite follow the story:confused:...

SSS

Harsh words no punching ,I will never talk to this hunter again ,he was not from our camp..

09-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Wow, a Dandy of a Bull, congrats to some one!

I don't quite get the full story here, but Wayne, if you split up, he one way you the other who ever has the safe shot then bang flop. If nothing was agreed prior no foul committed.

Just because your the bugler, caller so to speak does not only give you the right to shoot. That said I feel for you if you have been working this Bull for a while. If buddy had a tag, you took him there, you split up. Bull shows up and he's in my sights with you not around, no agreements prior then Bang Flop. If it is not about the shot and it's over the meat the buddy needs to give his head a shake!

Not worth losing a friendship over.

CT

farside
09-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Crap Wayne. Seriously hope you really didn't get punched. But I understand the sucker punch thing. You are seriously too nice to folks but I know it is your nature.

Gorgeous animal and I can understand why your upset.

Brambles
09-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Beautiful bull. I have to say .... you kinda asked for it, you take sooo many other hunters into the area you hunt that your just inviting conflict, especially when YOUR goal is trophy elk.

Sorry you didn't get your bull.

Ltbullken
09-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Awesome bull! Good calling! Your hunting 'partner/friend' is a total f**kwad by this account. I hope he is on this site and reads this. At least share part of the meat. You called him after all. It doesn't matter that there were no rules spoken beforehand, there is this thing called humility over one's luck (which you created in this instance) and being generous to honour that humility.

Really, this is a friend? He could pound the friggin' antlers up his a** for all I care, if'n he were my 'friend'... I am a true believer that you learn who yor friends are when (1) the shit hits the fan and they're still there for you and (2) you can go hunting with them and trust your life to them in the bush and you share meat (you called the animal for cripes sakes!).

My 2 cents anyway - I don't your history with your friend but still sucks though and friends don't treat each other that way.

steepNdeep
09-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Awesome bull '47!!! Congrats on YOUR trophy...

The way I look at it, it's the guide that does all of the work and without him there would be no trophy. I find it just as satisfying when my partner pulls the trigger on an animal that I scouted, patterned and called right in... (he didn't have to know a thing about elk... all he had to do was shoot straight).

I've guided a hunter that had never even hunted or even seen an elk before and he killed a record book bull that I scouted all summer. It helps if you like the shooter though...:wink:

That's as much your trophy as his imho. GOOD WORK!! :cool:

Bistchen
09-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Thats why I prefer to hunt solo. Its twice or more the work, but there is never any jealousy if you shoot something, and never any blame if you dont. Too bad you did something honest for someone, and then they act the ****.

slicky72
09-26-2010, 08:50 AM
What a burn Wayne, that's a dandy bull.

Amphibious
09-26-2010, 08:52 AM
shitty deal. big trophy animals change some people, i've seen it happen more then a few times while spearfishing. luckily everyone I hunt/spearfish with knows the group rule - EVERYONE goes home with meat. just the way it is.

here's hoping you have much better experiences in your future.

.330 Dakota
09-26-2010, 09:02 AM
These guys are all correct in different ways. Dont sweat it man, we are never too old to learn a lesson or 2. And sometimes we have to re-learn what we already know. I am sure you have some monsters hangin on your wall Wayne, look at those and remember. There's plenty more in the hills for ya. Cheer up and get the terms in blood next time (been there too)
Shot a 57 inch Moose many years ago and had to argue to get my rack.
The guys that came with my partner and I didnt even have a tag and were our guests, they turned ugly when the bull was on the ground...strange way of thinking I thought, but I guess it happens.

1/2 slam
09-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Wayne,

It's called Murphys law. It really sucks. You gotta set the ground rules. It sounds like you didn't.

That just means a bigger one for you.

Sitkaspruce
09-26-2010, 09:22 AM
I must be still half drown from all the rain we have had, but I'm still not sure about exactly what happened.

Wayne set this hunter up, the bull came out right to him and he shot it.........

Does it go bad because of the size of the bull, or does it go bad when the hunter becomes god all mighty and will not share the meat with him????

I am still confused.....

Cheers

SS

Rattler
09-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Nice bull Wayne! Too bad about your ex-partner...

huntinnewbie
09-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Some times it does not pay off to hunt with another hunter ,I hooked up with a friend to hunt with for the morning.

I said I would cow call and for him to get set up in the far right hand corner of this slash.

I called this bull out from my right he came right out to my friend ,bang bang ,I was in the wrong place ,wrong time :icon_frow.

Things went bad after we got to his bull ,I was sucker punched and I don't want to mention any names I left after we had some bad words ,never ever will I hunt with someone else without getting the rules straight before a hunt .

I said this one before but I did not say anything before the hunt ,my faulthttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PIC_0267.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20526)
I don't understand what the problem here is. You stated that it was your fault for not laying the ground rules beforehand.
You said you were calling for the other hunter and told him where to set up and that's where the bull came out.
Sounds fair and square to me.
I know it must be upsetting to have not got a crack at a bull of this calibre but I fail to see what the shooter did wrong..
Would it still have been a problem if it was less of a bull?
Don't want to upset anyone but that's the way I see it.

hunter1947
09-26-2010, 09:31 AM
This is what happened ,I have said this before but with my age catching up to me I forgot to ask about sharing the meat http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif :icon_frow.

I have said this before always ask about sharing the meat before hunting with someone you really don't know that good.

Its my fault in a way I should have asked before I hooked up with this hunter http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

I did one thing right I asked him if I get any of the elk before I helped him get it out of the kill area ,he said no this is all my elk ,I had a few hard words to say to him and left the area...

I was very happy at the time when he dropped this bull but latter after saying I get nothing not even a back strap that hurt hard..

huntinnewbie
09-26-2010, 09:35 AM
I do agree with that. It's the least he could do after you led him to a magnificent bull.
He could have been gracious enough to share some of the meat, I know I would have gladly.
Heck, I would have been happy to keep a few cuts as the antlers and bragging rights would more than make up for it.

hunter1947
09-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Beautiful bull. I have to say .... you kinda asked for it, you take sooo many other hunters into the area you hunt that your just inviting conflict, especially when YOUR goal is trophy elk.

Sorry you didn't get your bull.

I guess I am to kind hearted and I always will be that way http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

southpaw
09-26-2010, 09:39 AM
That guy must have a pretty big appatite to be able to eat a whole bull to himself.To bad some people just don't get it.Team effort to kill the bull. Greed sucks,but worse off now your honey hole is compromised.

d6dan
09-26-2010, 09:41 AM
This is what happened ,I have said this before but with my age catching up to me I forgot to ask about sharing the meat http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif :icon_frow.

I have said this before always ask about sharing the meat before hunting with someone you really don't know that good.

Its my fault in a way I should have asked before I hooked up with this hunter http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

I did one thing right I asked him if I get any of the elk before I helped him get it out of the kill area ,he said no this is all my elk ,I had a few hard words to say to him and left the area...

I was very happy at the time when he dropped this bull but latter after saying I get nothing not even a back strap that hurt hard..

Well, thats sucks big time Wayne!. Was this "other hunter" from a different camp? or was he a friend of a friend?.. Is he a member on this forum?..

I feel for you Wayne. You just have to lay the ground rules to eveybody from now on..

frenchbar
09-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I guess I am to kind hearted and I always will be that way http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

dont change that Wayne ! your always going to run into a holes in life... its a givin .. tommorrows another day!good luck with your hunting .

Dutch Ppoacher
09-26-2010, 09:43 AM
get back out there wayne and get a monster for your self. try to forget about one's ignorance and dishonor. you'll get that 300+!!!!

hunter1947
09-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Well, thats sucks big time Wayne!. Was this "other hunter" from a different camp? or was he a friend of a friend?.. Is he a member on this forum?..

I feel for you Wayne. You just have to lay the ground rules to eveybody from now on..

Yes Dan this hunter was another hunter from a different camp that I have knowen for the past 4 years..

09-26-2010, 09:54 AM
To the Jack ___s that shot this bull with out an offer of sharing the meat, not even a 1/4. Your a total GOOF ! I hope you blew your back out trying to get it out!

Unfortunately there are guys like this out there.

Lessons can still be tuff, Wayne, get an 8X10 Pic of this bull and you, hang it with the rest of your mounts, sounds like to me again nice guys finish last.

I would have walked away too. Without getting any of the meat, buddy can go get others to help him out, that said, people like that have few friends for a reason, he's a Jack ___S !

Good on ya Wayne and congrats for successfully tricking this bull !

CT

kennyj
09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear about this disgusting display of hunter ethics. To me and everyone I hunt with, it's a no-brainer that the meat get shared with your partner. Partner for the day or partner for the trip, it doesn't matter. Still things happen for a reason. Time to move on. There's a bigger one out there with your name on it Wayne. Great bull you called in. Keep at it.
kenny

steepNdeep
09-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I did one thing right I asked him if I get any of the elk before I helped him get it out of the kill area ,he said no this is all my elk ,I had a few hard words to say to him and left the area...saying I get nothing not even a back strap that hurt hard..

I've never heard of that happening before... he's just a douchebag.

porcupine
09-26-2010, 10:07 AM
A great bull and a terrific job on your part. I can understand why you are upset. I've hunted with some people who don't share the kill, but that is usually with birds. Where I grew up most people did not share deer evenly, it was only when I moved to BC that I discovered that it was usually an even split, especially on large game like moose or elk. The lucky hunter really showed a lack of appreciation and bad sportsmanship. I too wold never hunt or help him again.

JDR
09-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Fantastic looking bull H47, too bad about the greedy partner...that would suck.
I kinda thought it was a given to share the meat :confused:. Not sure why that would have to be discussed prior to the hunt. I guess some people just think about themselves and don't give crap about anyone else.

MattB
09-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Too bad about the elk H47! Karma will catch up with both you and him. Good luck finding yourself your dream bull!

Downwind
09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Damn that's cold! Well hopefully karma will catch up to him and you'll see him broken down in the bush on the way out and you can give him the one finger way on the way past him. I've never understood people like that. I'm remember when I was young and my dad had dropped a bull moose. Guy that drove by gave a hand getting it out and Dad offered him a quarter. Common courtesay, like common sense apparently, isn't that common. Karma's on your side Wayne, some big old bull is gonna walk for you and you'll be able to rub it in the prick's face.

newhunterette
09-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I will never understand some peoples lack of integrity, lack of common sense, lack of respect, lack of ethics - isn't sharing the meat when you are with another person or other persons like a code in Hunting

I mean come on, what was this other guy thinking, he knows you Wayne, he knows the wonderful type of guy you are and to just be so ignorant to you after you were single handedly the only reason this bull came in.

Sheesh - when Azshia and I both shot out moose, we were a shared hunt of 4, one of our party had to leave the trip a day early, we still shared our meat with him, even if he wasn't present the day of the harvest, he was still a big part of our trip

to me its a given common courtesy and a great way to say thanks for being there, thanks for the help, thanks for helping me, thanks for showing me the ropes, etc.

308Lover
09-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Wayne! I'm feeling more stupid than usual today, but tell me:What in hell was this guy SUPPOSED to be doing there?

abbyfireguy
09-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I never expect anyone to share a deer,but if we are moose hunting a share of the meat is expected.
We usually don't hunt with people from others camp. That appears to be your problem.
If hunting together you and your partners are sharing the cost egually for the hunt and a share in the harvest equally should be expected. Antlers and cape are a different thing totally.
Thats why I only hunt with friends or people I know well.
Unfortunately there are many people out there with-out a conscience or view to fairness. Those types of people get left on the beach "so to speak" by me. I'd rather hunt or fish alone than spend time,effort and money on those types of outings that go sideways.

kodiak10
09-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I always thought that rule went without even saying it.We always split the meat evenly.Awesome bull.

Jagermeister
09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I know that was the one that you were looking for Wayne. It's tough to chew when someone bags it out from under you nose. Maybe there is a monarch to that one just waiting for you around the knoll.
You know that it would be hard not to pull the trigger if that came trucking by you. It would take a special hunting partner to pass to give another the opportunity to take such a magnificant animal.
Next time Wayne, next time will be your turn.
I hadn't read all the posts to see that the point of contention was the split on the meat. It's a narrow minded prick that hunts with another and does not share equally the bounty harvested. A true man or woman would have offered to split without hesitation and without a thought contrary to sharing.

Jonas111
09-26-2010, 11:30 AM
If I happen to get lucky enough to shoot a nice Elk this year I would be glad to share it with you and I don't even know you and you don't even have to help me drag it out of the bush.

I don't mind sharing my animals, thats how I was brought up. We share all our meat with a lot of people that can't hunt anymore because of a disability or because they are little too old to hunt anymore. You should see the look on there face when you drop some off for them. It makes the hunting experience that much better for me.

Good luck to you in the future and hopefully this doesn't change you. You know what they say, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

hunter1947
09-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I was not going to post up about what happened on this hunt but I did ,now that I got it out and in the open I feel better now.

I just had to post up a picture of this magnificent bull.

Just got out of the shower ,shaved ,laundry done and a few chores ,now I am ready to head back into the bush and hunt.

just had to get this out of my mind ,now its time to try and find Mr big ???.

Give a new update next weekend ,headed out now..

Kalum
09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
We set it up beforehand and decide who's taking the shot, who's calling, yata yata, but have never ever discussed splitting the meat up. It's one of the basic rules of hunting that game taken in our camps is split even stevens. If you brought a bull like that in on me and I was lucky enough to get the shot you could have all the meat :) That's a monster of a dream bull- grats on calling him in...

Coming_out_heavy.
09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Two words.

Fist Fight.

You invite the guy out, you call the bull. He takes all the meat? I dont ****ing think so.

Seriously, drift him right in his goddam eyeball.

I cant believe there are people out there like this, that sort of thing you shouldnt even have to discuss, its obvious you share the meat. You are way way way too nice.

GoatGuy
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Good bull, the hunter sounds like a cull.

Too bad, still plenty of season left. Good luck.

pupper
09-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Sorry to hear the u helped a selfish boy harvest a magnificent trophy. I cant beleive he would not share the meat with you and that he would rather pack it out himself. What a selfish person.

morris
09-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Hope his hernia ruptures.....ass

Nice bull too!

sawmill
09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
The LAW OF THE HUNT-- SPLIT THE MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Christ i`m so pissed off I can hardly type.:evil:
I probably would have shot one of the antlers off and walked away.
Keep the faith Wayne,you are a champion man and thousands know it.I hope we can hook up later to hunt,all tagged out for elk but there is deer!Should have kicked that asshat square in the gonads.:evil:

fuzzybiscuit
09-26-2010, 12:20 PM
There are givers and there are takers in this world.

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast that the takers will end up with more.

We all know which one of the two you are, Hunter1947. Don't ever change. At the end of the day you can hold your head high and sleep well.

Congratulations in calling in a magnificent Bull!

Stéphane
09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
The LAW OF THE HUNT-- SPLIT THE MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Christ i`m so pissed off I can hardly type.:evil:
Keep the faith Wayne,you are a champion man and thousands know it.I hope we can hook up later to hunt,all tagged out for elk but there is deer!Should have kicked that asshat square in the gonads.:evil:

My dad had the same issues with my 2 of my uncles (in-laws) over a deer. They've barely spoken to one another since.

I, too, thought it was a given that you'd split the meat, unless it is mentioned before.

Default setting: we hunt together, we split.
Option: discussed before hand that it is each to his own, then you don't waste your time getting an animal out for the other.

I would love to hear to other side of that story. It's probably best for him not to.

coyotebc
09-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I have hunted with different guys for years.
However they were either friends or good friends of good friends.
Never once has there been any question about sharing the meat.
I have never been on a hunt where that wasn't a given.

I honestly don't understand the other hunters attitude.
He may have been from a different camp, but at that particular hunt you two were acting as partners.

Sitkaspruce
09-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the explanation Wayne!!!!

UNFRICKENBELIEVEABLE.....

I thought it was the most unspoken rule of hunting, animal down, meat is split.

What goes round, comes around....

Good luck and keep your head up Wayne.

Are still going to chase moose up North???

Cheers

SS

coyotebc
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I was not going to post up about what happened on this hunt but I did ,now that I got it out and in the open I feel better now.

I just had to post up a picture of this magnificent bull.

Just got out of the shower ,shaved ,laundry done and a few chores ,now I am ready to head back into the bush and hunt.

just had to get this out of my mind ,now its time to try and find Mr big ???.

Give a new update next weekend ,headed out now..
Good luck on the hunt

steel_ram
09-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I've hunted with some pretty stingey tight wads before, but splitting the meat amongst the entire hunting party has always been a given. You should have been safe in assuming that.

wicket
09-26-2010, 02:08 PM
you shoulda ran a couple rounds threw the back quarters and walked away:-D just say you saw it twitch. raw deal man even in onterrible i dont run into guys like that much. guess im lucky with my bc brother and our 2 other resident friends its all unspoken and everyone is elated about each others sucess. some of my best hunting memories of the last 30 years have been from hunting with those guys out there. if you have a good hunting buddy or buddies hold on to them cause they are really rare prolly even harder to find then a 2point moose.

Brambles
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM

REALLY, the guy wouldn't even split the elk? Thats not cool, big animals, lots of work, guy calls it in for you and is willing to assist in the pack out and he is planning on stiffing you on the meat sharing..... NOT COOL.

I can see where you don't have much of an argument regarding him shooting the elk considering nothing was said before hand but if two guys agree to hunt together then its sharezies from there on in IMO, unless one of the guys passes on his share. I usually don't take half a guys deer, there's not much meat and the pack is usually easy, Bears, no question that the guy can keep all the bear meat too. But an elk or moose is a lot of work and there is plenty to split between two guys, especially with a monster like that guy.

I do feel for yah, crappy situation with a greedy partner.

300wsm
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey wayne,
great calling and a great hunt on your part. congrats for your bull and other uys thaN the way the terd nugget handled himself sounded like it would have been fun.

for my part, i have 4 or 5 guys that i can hunt with. some are here in BC and some up north in alberta. The alberta boys can't make it out for my elk draw next week but if we are fortunate enough to get into them they will get their share sent out to them. In fact, even thoet your back though we have never had the pleasure of having a beverage together you have taken the time to PM me with advise. PM me the best meat cutter up there in invermere and your number and if i get into the elk i will tell you when to pick up a backstrap and a few roasts. I am sure you will get your own anyway but we have 3 antlerless in 4-26x for 3 guys and should be enough to go around. =)

anyway good hunting.
300wsm

Essential
09-26-2010, 03:20 PM
just seems like a no brainer 4 guys go hunting meat and bills get split 4 ways...dont care who ate more than who and who shot the animal. Takes all kinds..

He will be the one that has to live with being an as_!! Really hope he is on here and all the other people that are jerks catch wind that this type of attitude is not tolerated with REAL hunters..

Real hunters are respectful of the animals, the outdoors and other hunters!!!!>> in case the idiots we are talking about didnt understand that term

NaStY
09-26-2010, 03:51 PM
With an attitude like that, not only would I take the meat but would take half the antler as well.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Some people can be pretty ignorant.

Dont worry Wayne you will get your animal this year.....

brock77
09-26-2010, 04:02 PM

HOLLY... SHEEP CHIT ......That is one very nice bull wayne. Sorry to hear that this guy is such an inconsiderate A hole. I think you are calling all the elk to you.:wink: send some off those this way.... ha haha:mrgreen: Dont change the way you are, he will get whats cumming some day. I hope he had one hell of a time getting that bull out him self.
Were abouts are you? drove out that way the other day but could not find no wayne camp....huh well hopefully run into you

sawmill
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
You have a few packs of nice sausage coming from me Wayne.

BCBear
09-26-2010, 05:03 PM
He knows that bull never would have ended up in his freezer without your calling. Maybe he's afraid of going meatless cause he knows what a shytti hunter he really is on his own.

09-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Jeez that's an incredible turn of events Wayne. I guess meeting a guy a few time a year during hunting seasons isn't really getting to know him good enough.

I'm guessing he has partners back at his camp he has to share with but that doesn't make what he did right, you showed him the spot, your called the bull in, he probably wouldn't be able to get an elk himself let alone a monster like that. At least you should get a quarter if his hunting partners came to help drap the bull out. If they didn't you should have got half even if he had to split his half again with his partners, that's not your problem.

I would guess that if he doesn't share with his camp, they'll be back next year without him. Good on you for walking off and leaving the p___k, I would have done the same, too bad he wasn't riding with you as well so he'd have to walk 5 or 10 miles back to his camp.

Gateholio
09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Wayne if you had helped me get that nice big bull and asked about the meat I would have said "take all you want! Even the tenderloins!"
:-D

Ambush
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Either the man has a LOT of nerve or he's just plain stupid! And since you explained the sharing part before you left, one can only assume he is just a selfish pr!ck.
It would also be very interesting to hear the story he told at camp about how he got the bull. The elk likely wouldn't be the only big pile of "bull' he brought to camp.

Carry on Wayne, knowing you are the better man.

GoatGuy
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
It would also be very interesting to hear the story he told at camp about how he got the bull.

was thinking the same thing.:mrgreen:

rocksteady
09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Gonna ignore the meat part of the conversations...It's already been said....

But the bull, WOW, what a pig...Any idea Wayne what he would rough score...??????

Good calling young feller:mrgreen: Guess you still got it....:-D

Cyrus
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
It seems to me that there was no need to set "ground rules" common hunting sense says if you are hunting together...the meat gets split....this guy sounds like a real ass and I am glad you walked away from him after he pulled that stunt! Who knows how many more tags he has for other species that will likely end up freezer burnt and in the dump in the spring....what a jerk! Keep your head up...your day at the big one will come around again!!

whitetail2009
09-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Nice Bull Wayne!Sucks what happened after the animal was on the ground!!! I've Yet to Go on a Elk hunt, but i will one year. I have shot four Bull moose and plenty of Deer, We split the moose 50/50 always. and as for the deer ,I keep it and butcher it myself, unless the terms were discussed and depending the situation. I get pepperoni and jerky made up , which i share with the other hunter. I have been hunting this one spot for over 17 years, with a group of four of us, I have helped each and every one of them drag their deer out of the bush , plenty of times. And i have expected nothing in return. I just love being in the woods, away from all the hustle and bustle of life! I enjoy hunting by myself , just me and my dog. Things will work out better for ya, in future hunts. There is a bigger one waiting for you out there!

d6dan
09-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Talked to Wayne this morning on the phone. He told me the (other guy) was staying at his own camp alone, and Wayne was by himself at his own camp. So I guess the SOB had one long day gutting, skinning and packing the elk out by himself.P***k. Wayne had met him on other occasions, but never hunted with him. He figured it would be better to team up with this guy because of all the Grizzly's around..:neutral:

Blktail
09-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe a grizzly got him. We can hope.

ruger#1
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
To the Jack ___s that shot this bull with out an offer of sharing the meat, not even a 1/4. Your a total GOOF ! I hope you blew your back out trying to get it out!

Unfortunately there are guys like this out there.

Lessons can still be tuff, Wayne, get an 8X10 Pic of this bull and you, hang it with the rest of your mounts, sounds like to me again nice guys finish last.

I would have walked away too. Without getting any of the meat, buddy can go get others to help him out, that said, people like that have few friends for a reason, he's a Jack ___S !

Good on ya Wayne and congrats for successfully tricking this bull !

CTThanks Curly, I couldn't of said it any better. And Wayne don't you ever change for an idiot like that, You are the better man.

Jelvis
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey Wayne I would have told the guy, the meat or the antlers which one do you want?
jel ..

bearass
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Sweet looking bull Wayne. Its to bad about the meat. Everything happens
for a reason Wayne, maybe you will shoot that bulls twin brother!!

springpin
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
That was a dick move....Especially to pull a move like that on the guy who helped get the bull... Wayne that really sux..

killman
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
If someone helped me to get a animal like that they could have as much meat as they wanted.:-D Sorry to hear you got screwed Wanyne. Good partners are hard to find. I will let you know when I find one.

cloverphil
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
A similar thing happened to me my first season, even though I invited the "co-worker" to go on a day trip, drove and paid for everything he took the deer (5x5 Mulie) to his own butcher and I've never seen any of it, or him since. He was living temporary in town for work.

Its hard to know how a fellow will respond after a kill especially when its a beauty. It certainly shows a man's true colors though.

moosinaround
09-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Well I need to chime in! Wayne that "Jerk", should be shot in the ass with a ball of his own shit!!! I couldn't, or wouldn't have dropped it! Not a friend if he wouldn't share that big guy with you!! Gotta be over 600 pounds dressed out I'll bet! Thats a lot of steaks!! This fellow needs an ass whoopin, and then force fed a sirloin roast down the gullet so he could choke on it!! My blood boils when fellows such as yourself are taken advantage of!! Don't change how you do business Wayne, just be open about the expectations. I would have shared that with my hunting buddies for sure, it's 50/50 for everything, costs, cleanup, and glory!! Moosin

Phreddy
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
There's no pre-nuptial about it. If we are on the same hunt, the meat is shared in equal portions. period. If there are two of us, and we both get a critter, great, we each take home a critter. If there is four of us, and we only get one, the butchered meat (and cost of butchering) is divided by four.
Nice bull Wayne. Too bad the clown you were with has no class.

Island Idiots
09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I have never met you Wayne, but you have helped a friend of mine, and you are always willing to help others on here. You helped this guy and he returned the favour by being a knob. Don't lose faith, there are still good people out there. You have a s**t load of good karma comin your way.
Get out and get that Trophy!:mrgreen:

lilhoss
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
They should put it in the hunting regs about how to split the meat equally.Right next to the "evidence of sex",should be simple to understand,unless you are an idiot and can't read like this a-hole.Wayne,I would give you all the meat for a chance at a bull like that!..I may come and see you one day yet!

boyd050
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
congratulations on your part for that fine bull, you know how good you are on bringing him out, and everyone here respects you to the Nth degree... hope to hear who this butt head is and around here I'm sure we'll hear about it and we'll recognize the rack... and then we'll get a chance to let him know what lots of us on here are thinking. won't we guys!!!!:wink:

Bugle M In
09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Sorry to hear about this '47

Glad to see there are some big bulls still!!
So I understand the urge to posts the pic.
If he was the closetst shooter, then all is good ng down the bull.
1 in the hand is better then 2 in the bush!
But that isn't the issue here!!

Here is my statement to all!
Hunt with me!...anything taken, is split eqaully.
You don't even need to be part of the scene.
It can be a party of 2, 3 , 4 or 5, ALL get an equal share, as long
as all help "the best that they can."
I have been blessed twice.
My dad has been my hunting partner for 35+ years now,
and nothing is thicker than blood.
Now I added a friend, who is great to have around and things like you
speak of '47 are of no issue.
Believe me, I have let several past friends go.
It can be tough to find real hunting partners that are willing to share
costs, effort and attitude. ( as well as meat )
Have a shot of whisky and please now your etiquette is always welcome in my camp!

ratherbefishin
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
pretty short sighted of the other guy-it'll be the last time he gets a hand...I can possibly understand it with a new hunter who doesn't know the rules,but not an older guy.Maybe thats why he was hunting solo-he'd done this before

Big Lew
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Wayne, I usually try to stay away from making negative comments towards, or about the varied persons within our hunting community unless they are poachers....but for your unpleasant situation, I venomously despise anyone so selfish and self-centered that they wouldn't offer a share of the collective prize. You shouldn't have had to set a pre-hunt rule of meat sharing. The individual (I refuse to call him a MAN) should be ashamed of himself, and I hope he reads this. I've hunted with novice and experienced hunters since 1960 and never had a refusal to share. The only pre-hunt rule set was of a hind quarter going to the shooter, and the other goes to the one supplying the truck and gear.
I'll also go as far as to say that I've paid attention to the ongoing remarks and advice within the threads and posts made by the regulars, including yours, and would be happy to have you in any of my camps. You're a valued and respected member of this forum, keep it up.

M.Dean
09-26-2010, 09:19 PM
This has happened to me a few times, but you live and learn!!! I think if this happened to me with such a incredible bull, after the dick head said he gets the rack and all the meat too, I would have stood back about 10 feet and fired about 8 rounds into the horns and then the hind quarters, from the sounds of this guy, I really hope he chokes to death on his first bite of Elk Meat!!!

shawnwells
09-26-2010, 09:21 PM
sucker punched??!!?? like for real??!!?? holy muck!! one way hunting trip for that m??????F?????R....

303carbine
09-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I have always assumed that if I'm hunting with another person that automatically the game is always shared. This has worked for me for 35 years of hunting, just good hunting practice as fas I'm concerned.
Some people get greedy and show their true colors in that situation. The shooter should get the antlers, but share the meat equally.

shawnwells
09-26-2010, 09:53 PM
ya thats how my crew rolls....shared...every way else is a selfish dick way....no arguing on that one all for one and one for all...yo ho....and a bottle of rum....dick hunters...well i never...

j270wsm
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
sorry to hear about your hunt.

when I shot my first elk I was with 2 friends, one hunted the other was just along for fun, after I shot the bull I took it to the butchers and paid for it, then split the meat 3 ways and delivered it to them. No questions asked.

Tenacious Billy
09-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, his mug-shot is posted on the internet now and everyone thinks he's a douche bag!!

Tikka270wsm
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear that someone took advantage of you like that! I sure hope it wasn't the bull you were holding out for. But I DO hope a grizz stole that bull from him while he was dealing with it ALL BY HIMSELF! And if he did get it out of the woods, I HOPE he chokes on a chunk of tenderlions while he reads some of the responses here. And most of all....I Hope he learns the error of his ways from this situation. Keep on keep'n on Wayne. Your a good man for not smacking him around out there in the woods where no one can hear his cries for help.

shoot2kill
09-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear about that lousy experiance Wayne. I've never met you but you sound like the type of guy any one would want for a hunting partner.
I hope the rest of your season goes really well and that this never happens to you again.
Mike

mikek blacktail
09-27-2010, 01:19 AM
please don't tell me this is the bull i put you on .He looks around the same size.

CanuckShooter
09-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Now that is one nice bull elk H47...good calling job

On the topic of meat sharing..we do things a little different these days. We used to share 50/50 with two hunters, but what would end up happening is I would shoot my bull moose, give my hunting partner half..then the next weekend he would hunt with someone else and get his moose and give his partner half....I would end up with half a moose, my pard would have a full moose....his other pard would have half a moose....this happened far too many times so what we do now is tag/bag/butcher our own animals and if at the end of the season the guys that were with you haven't filled their freezer we go for a visit with several large boxes of prime meat they helped harvest [free of butchering costs]...and if any of our regular crew runs short all it takes is a phone call for another meat delivery. Works for us, and nobody ever goes without.

When we have a part timer join our regular group we just help him out and all the meat is his. Most of these guys offer, we just smile and thank them.

Philcott
09-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Wayne,

Sorry to dear about your dust up in the woods.

It's been said the other guy was very selfish in regards to the meat but at least you found out before packing it out.

Also, I think we all know it's not really about the meat. It's the principle of the matter and the term sucker punched works real well in this situation.

It's too bad you didn't get to poke that big one but with the time and effort you put in it's only a matter of time before you find another big one.

luckynuts
09-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Now that is one nice bull elk H47...good calling job

On the topic of meat sharing..we do things a little different these days. We used to share 50/50 with two hunters, but what would end up happening is I would shoot my bull moose, give my hunting partner half..then the next weekend he would hunt with someone else and get his moose and give his partner half....I would end up with half a moose, my pard would have a full moose....his other pard would have half a moose....this happened far too many times so what we do now is tag/bag/butcher our own animals and if at the end of the season the guys that were with you haven't filled their freezer we go for a visit with several large boxes of prime meat they helped harvest [free of butchering costs]...and if any of our regular crew runs short all it takes is a phone call for another meat delivery. Works for us, and nobody ever goes without.

When we have a part timer join our regular group we just help him out and all the meat is his. Most of these guys offer, we just smile and thank them.

I like it. When I was down south. we all headed up together didn't matter who shot what it all came down to hang in buddies cooler a couple of weeks would roll by the phone would ring and we would all get together to cut and wrap and divy it up. Now I just meet them in there I take mine home to do myself and they take there's down south. If they don't get one I will give them half of mine. If I don't get one I still have a chance to get out and drop one.

W.

Seeadler
09-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I do most of my hunting alone, but do go out a few times a year with other guys. We never bother sharing deer, it is pretty much "you help me retrieve mine, I'll help you retrieve yours". Bigger animals the rule is split it equally.

britman101
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Well sounds like this guy is a real a**ho*le for not offering to share any of the meat. Take the high road on this on, but at least you found out what a piece of work this dumbass is, before hauling out any of the meat.

Axeman
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
It's funny we're talking about this very thing on the jobsite today (I have the pleasure of working with my hunting buddies). We got a LEH shared Moose and were ironing out who got what as far as the hide(cow/calf tag so no rack to fight over) but meat was just a given even split 4 ways.

With our group everybody comes home with something or nobody does. That's just common friggin' courtesy.

Like a lot of the guys have said your hunting "partner" was a royal jack ass. That was a great bull and you'll enjoy the bigger one coming you way even more now!

Good Hunting to ya.

09-27-2010, 02:18 PM

Wow, your "friend" is a total douchebag! I think it goes without saying that when you hunt with someone you share the hard work and the rewards, specially since you called the bull out.
Now go out and get another one, good luck.

budismyhorse
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
guys like that usually get it in the end......

unfortunately this story isn't that uncommon.

sawmill
09-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Last bull moose I shot was up in Hazelton 11 years ago,I got him hunting alone but I needed some help so 2 good friends came out with a quad and a trailer and we hung it in /buddies garage for a week.We had a butchering party,country style.We had guys,wives and kids from 5 different families helping to grind and wrap while I cut it up.Big bonfire,music,lots of good eats like homemade bread and apple pies and steaks on the grill.It was Halloween too so we had games and treats for the kids and fireworks.
At the end of the night everyone went home with a great big bag of steaks,roasts and burger.Probably 70+ lbs each.
Happiest moose I ever got and made a lot of folks happy.I`ll never forget that night,it was just the way things should be.Plus,all the girls gave me a kiss:mrgreen:

TheDuckinator
09-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Thats a beauty bull, great job. Im blown away by that display of despicable ethics! When someone in our group bags an animal we split it, even if there not hunting with us at the time. If you came through the lml pm me and i will give you some deer/bear mix sausage that will knock your socks clean off.
Best of luck and i wish ya a 450 class ;)

Elkhound
09-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Plus,all the girls gave me a kiss:mrgreen:

That just makes it all worth while right there. LOL

Sorry to hear Wayne. Really sucks. Our camp splits everything. Bills and meat. But I guess it is a lesson to lay ground rules right from the start when you are hunting with someone you dont usually hunt with

coquitlam
09-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I have to say I am blown away. I have hunted for 15 years with the same guy and the last 3 years my son has joined us. My son and I got out early and my buddy could not make it. We shot a deer and bear. Yesterday we delivered 50 percent of the meat to my hunting buddy who was not even in on the hunt. It just the way is and should be , is that not the unsong code of hunting buddies

aggiehunter
09-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a tissue issue...

Franko Manini
09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Wayner,

If you ever help me dump a bull of this calibre (or any legal elk for that matter), you can have any meat you want!

I've hunted with you, and I know you're MORE THAN GENEROUS. I'm sure a deal could have been made if the guy only asked.

F

jkt
09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
VINDOG told me, sorry that you got treated like that, that's greed and can not be excused. steepNdeep is right.

BearStump
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
depending how far from the road you were, Im gonna wager a guess that that bull would be a MINIMUM of 3 hrs work to gut and haul out alone.
That would give me at least 3hrs to whale on the predator call in the grizz country and see what comes in to steal the bull from this jacka**.
Would'nt that be good!

millman911
09-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Well the way i look at it, the guy will end up with less in the future. I`m sure you`ll never bring another bull out to him again. which i hope he eats elk tag soup for years to come. If i buddy called me out a bull like that, i would give up half the meat and pick up all his share of the camp chores.
sucks but you are the better man and elk hunter. Good luck.

newhunterette
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Wayne,

when you take me hunting will you call me an elk out like that (I will share it with you) and I will be camp cook the entire time

Now if you helped Peter with an elk like that - well I know he would share but I am afraid he might through in something extra (want a new hunting partner) lol

You are the top knotch Wayne, if we were to make a totem pole of HBC members, you are the top.

shawnwells
09-27-2010, 09:09 PM
well i gotta say...the only good thing ive noticed to take away from this bummer thread....is that by the replys i see that theres a lot of super give the shirt off your back nice hunters out there still....very encouraging when you think about a world where dicks like that dick try to screw you every way they can...nice to see some good guys are still out there....

kishman
09-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad blood, but what a unique and impressive animal-well done Wayne!

BCrams
09-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Tough story there hunter. Took a bull elk myself a few days ago and there was no question that the fellow with me was getting half the meat if he wanted it (which he was happy to take). 50/50 split.

hardy hunter
09-30-2010, 07:09 AM
That's your bull in my eye,s wayne. I would of love to help pack that animal out for you. For the amount of time you have put in scouting elk and helping your friend and fellow hunters along the way you will find Mr Big. Scuffy out. PS. KOKALUMUCKALA

Squamch
09-30-2010, 12:24 PM
What a looser.
Anything we shoot is shared evenly. Even grouse...well we'll just do a group dinner with all the wives.

Jelvis
09-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't know what when on that day of the ordeal over a record book bull elk out of the EK ... but I believe Wayne was right but it dint work-out because the guy was playing stupid and winning big time ..
Jel ( Medium/Large hands of Stone ) Mow knee mow knee mow knee ...
Wayne(KickHisAss) Forty Seven .... we're coming up In Cog neat toe .... Wayne's Warriorz ....Spolin 4 a fight ..
.... Gotta Get It Right .... T.N.T. I'm a Power Load ... Watch Us Explode ... We'll git a Toad .. Over Load ..by4now

Rodd
09-30-2010, 01:01 PM
I have to say I am blown away. I have hunted for 15 years with the same guy and the last 3 years my son has joined us. My son and I got out early and my buddy could not make it. We shot a deer and bear. Yesterday we delivered 50 percent of the meat to my hunting buddy who was not even in on the hunt. It just the way is and should be , is that not the unsong code of hunting buddies

Thats the way I do it, my partner is a single Grandparent raising his grandson, and i am a single Father rasing my 3 children, and no matter who got what with who, we share our meat. If I run out early I go get some from his freezer, and vice-versa. If I go hunt with someone else and we get a bull, my half is split with him also.

Thats a crappy deal wanyne, that guy will get whats coming to him one day....
I helped a fella one day with the quad, he had a nice buck down, and i offered to get it to his truck for him, and I did with not too much help from the so-called hunter... No big deal, didn't ask for any meat, and he said he'd drop off some steaks as soon as they were ready(We lived 4 blocks apart from each other) after that, no steaks, and he avoided me... Next time I'm going to watch and laugh if he has to drag one out by himself..... Some people just arn't worth the time of day.... Its a shame!

338-08
09-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Best idea yet!

tomahawk
09-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Too bad Wayne, frickin a-hole used you by the sounds of it!!

pete_k
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Talk about akward.

Just wondeing what you expected him to do?
And why exactly are you mad at him?

Should he have left the Elk alone and come get you? If your partner moved, the Elk would have probably noticed and moved out.
Sounds like a rock and a hard place for your ex buddy.

You're right. Needed a game plan.
Good skill calling him in btw.

Kootenai
09-30-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't get it. Meat sharing with hunting partners is a taken. Always. You don't need to make pre hunting agreements. Anyone gets the animal, the meat is shared. Fully and equally! At least you found out before the work. I would have sat there and watched him do the work. All of it. By himself. Maybe help myself to a tender loin or two when he packed some of the meat out. Might even leave my mark on what's left. Maybe even keep calf calling, with all that meat smell might attract a griz or two.

sawmill
09-30-2010, 07:41 PM
It doesn`t even have to be a guy on that particuler hunt,kid I was hunting with today (TPB) is a great guy,he is going to get a nice bag of meat because I was damn lucky this year and he is a great kid.We looked around this eve and saw some game but nothing legal.Just by being ready to go when it`s time to go.............he earned a share from me..We have hunted a few times and he is always good to go.Pretty cool to meet a 16 year old guy who thinks like a man.Proud to know him.100% guy,if any of you K residents are looking for a good partner,he`s the one.

tuffteddyb
09-30-2010, 07:54 PM
awesome bull!!!
i think i woulda went back with my old 12 guage and a box of birdshot and done some shooting at that bull.
as said before whatever is shot in our camp is shared,if a couple of animals everyone gets a part of each,it just the rules.,

TPB
09-30-2010, 09:26 PM
It doesn`t even have to be a guy on that particuler hunt,kid I was hunting with today (TPB) is a great guy,he is going to get a nice bag of meat because I was damn lucky this year and he is a great kid.We looked around this eve and saw some game but nothing legal.Just by being ready to go when it`s time to go.............he earned a share from me..We have hunted a few times and he is always good to go.Pretty cool to meet a 16 year old guy who thinks like a man.Proud to know him.100% guy,if any of you K residents are looking for a good partner,he`s the one.

Damn Joe you are way to kind, first he gets me some work experience buy my lunches, then takes me hunting multiple times/ sighting in my rifle, then he offers to give me some meat on top of the taster today. I appreciate everything, sorry to hijack the thread :mrgreen:

stoneslinger
09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
No worries Wayne, the old Bazztard will be dead soon!

Wolfman
09-30-2010, 09:43 PM

Sounds like a selfish S*O*B* you were hunting with there, Wayne. I hope that it never happens to you again.

trigger
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
That is a PIIIIGGGG way to go wayne. That is your trophy.

sparkymacker
10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your crappy luck with that dick Wayne. I can't imagine anyone being that selfish after being put onto a once in a lifetime bull like that. If he is a member here you should give out his name; he deserves all the scorn and ridicule that can be heaped on him.

ravensfoot
10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Great job callin Wayne, Too bad the other dick was so selfish. I agree, if you share in the hunt, you share in the proceeds. Good thing you found out before the heavy work began. If it had been me I would have given you a bigger portion of the meat as long as you were fine with me keeping the rack.

The Hermit
10-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Wayne - You said the guy is a member of HBC right? Name names! I sure as shit don't want to ever have the displeasure of hunting with him... save us some grief. Maybe just maybe knowing that everyone here is on to him will help him choke on every bite of that elk!

cainer
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
well, that just blows...still can't believe that guy stiffed you on the meat portion. Hopefully it spoiled cuz it was so hot in the EK around that time. Is that you in the pic '47 or is that him?

stoneslinger
10-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Wayne - You said the guy is a member of HBC right? Name names! I sure as shit don't want to ever have the displeasure of hunting with him... save us some grief. Maybe just maybe knowing that everyone here is on to him will help him choke on every bite of that elk!

"Happy Old Geezer" is his name.

The Hermit
10-06-2010, 08:37 PM
No "Happy Old Geezer" listed as a member?? Or are you saying this guy is happy cause he has a whole elk?

700bdl
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Am I missing something? You told him where to set up while you called and a bull came right out to him. What did you expect him to do? Just let the bull go. You should have had him calling while you were set up to take a shot.

It sounds like you got jealous, and your being a sore loser.

TPB
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Am I missing something? You told him where to set up while you called and a bull came right out to him. What did you expect him to do? Just let the bull go. You should have had him calling while you were set up to take a shot.

Not to take the defense but im pretty sure he said he is upset because the guy refused to give him a share of the meat and they departed on bad terms (I obviously wasn`t there) but I would probably be upset when you call in a bull and the guy says F off when you bring up sharing the meat?

jml11
10-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Yes you are missing the rest of the thread....

Read through the whole thread before posting next time and save yourself from the rude post that makes you look bad...

700bdl
10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Can you please get over who shot what:???:. Read the thread instead of just posting:idea:

It's all about SHARING the meat!!!!

My bad, and my apologies. I see now its about meat sharing.:redface:

Well you definitley deserve at least 50% of the meat.

In my defense, people need to begin their threads with a clear story or explanation as to what they are conveying. People should be able to read the first post and clearly see what its about and respond to it, instead of having to fish through 11 pages to figure out what the person is trying to say.

TPB
10-08-2010, 09:33 PM
My bad, and my apologies. I see now its about meat sharing.:redface:

Well you definitley deserve at least 50% of the meat.

In my defense, people need to begin their threads with a clear story or explanation as to what they are conveying. People should be able to read the first post and clearly see what its about and respond to it, instead of having to fish through 11 pages to figure out what the person is trying to say.

Haha in your defense i just checked the post and H47 edited it from being a longer story about the meat to a condensed version of it so a big misunderstanding.

Fisher-Dude
10-08-2010, 09:34 PM

If you hadn't been BANNED for being a jackass, you would have been here to experience all 11 pages with the rest of us.

Epic fail. :twisted:

700bdl
10-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Wrong on first underline and wrong on second underline. Most folks that take this site seriously WILL read the whole thread and not make comments that get them into appology mode:wink:. If you read the 11 pages you might have come out with some kind of education etc. That is applaudable for sure.

I do read whole threads from time to time, but what I'm saying is if there are a dozen pages on the thread, I should be able to read the creaters first post and comment without having to swim through everyone elses opinions and comments to see what the thread is really about.

When I read H47 first post, there is no mention of meat or sharing, so it looked as if he was just peeved because he wanted a big bull but someone else got it instead.

700bdl
10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
If you hadn't been BANNED for being a jackass, you would have been here to experience all 11 pages with the rest of us.

Epic fail. :twisted:

Huh???:confused:

700bdl
10-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Why you so upset johnnybear?

hunter1947
10-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Try reading this one...............if you have the time:evil:.

Well I will tell you ,you are wrong JB on your statement ,why should I break my back getting this elk out of the bush for this person if I can't even have a back strap.

You are dead wrong about this hunter shooting this elk and not me ,I was very happy this hunter got this bull elk that I had called in to him..
I learned to ask if I get any meat before I help get any animal out of the bush for any hunter wake up JB http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif.

hunter1947
10-09-2010, 03:04 AM
I do read whole threads from time to time, but what I'm saying is if there are a dozen pages on the thread, I should be able to read the creaters first post and comment without having to swim through everyone elses opinions and comments to see what the thread is really about.

When I read H47 first post, there is no mention of meat or sharing, so it looked as if he was just peeved because he wanted a big bull but someone else got it instead.

Dead Wrong I am happy this hunter got this bull :wink:..

hunter1947
10-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Lets get this straight I was happy this hunter got this nice bull elk I called in for him ,like I said I was in the wrong place at the wrong time it happens to all of us sooner or latter.

As for the meat why should I break my back getting this elk out for this hunter if I cant even put a spoon full in my mouth ,no thanks he gets the meat he can get the meat out without my help http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

sawmill
10-09-2010, 06:29 AM
An ASSHAT,pure and simple Wayne.That guy needs a good beating.His Momma didn`t raise him right.My wifes brother was with us when we got her elk,he gets an even share,law of the land.

BlacktailStalker
10-09-2010, 05:10 PM
What I think is HILARIOUS is this idiot caped the elk out at the base of the neck and RUINED the cape for a head mount :lol: :lol:
Oh man if that isnt karma I dont know what is, sure hope those antlers look good bleached out on his garage :lol:

Islandeer
10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey Wayne,
This dude deserves to be bitch slapped cause that's what he is.
Hunting with a partner, any partner, is a 50 50 freakin thing. This meat hog deserves to be drawn and quartered and salted. :wink:
Comin up for late mulies in Nov. Good hunting the rest of the season.

Johnnybear
10-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Well I will tell you ,you are wrong JB on your statement ,why should I break my back getting this elk out of the bush for this person if I can't even have a back strap.

You are dead wrong about this hunter shooting this elk and not me ,I was very happy this hunter got this bull elk that I had called in to him..
I learned to ask if I get any meat before I help get any animal out of the bush for any hunter wake up JB http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif.

:confused:Hey Wayne sorry for your confusion:neutral: again I totally agree with you and your decision on this hunt and I fully understand that the conflict between yourself and the other guy was about him not sharing the MEAT. I would have been a wee bit upset myself. I figured you would have been happy calling the bull in for the guy:-D.

hunter1947
10-10-2010, 03:19 AM
What I think is HILARIOUS is this idiot caped the elk out at the base of the neck and RUINED the cape for a head mount :lol: :lol:
Oh man if that isnt karma I dont know what is, sure hope those antlers look good bleached out on his garage :lol:

Yes Andy it is hilarious alright ,I offered to cape this elk out and get it out of the bush for him for just one back strap but he would not budge on giving me one back strap :icon_frow..

I guess what goes around comes around ,guess he can always get another cape :roll:..

mcrae
10-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Yes Andy it is hilarious alright ,I offered to cape this elk out and get it out of the bush for him for just one back strap but he would not budge on giving me one back strap :icon_frow..

I guess what goes around comes around ,guess he can always get another cape :roll:..

Thats crazy:confused: The guy passed up help on a big bull all you asked for was a backstrap???

Thats cheap labour in my mind:-D.

Karma will get him don't you worry bout that...

elkmaster
10-14-2010, 09:08 PM
[quote=hunter1947;752739]Some times it does not pay off to hunt with another hunter ,I hooked up with a friend to hunt with for the morning.

:-? Total different story that Aki told me, He had shot it and you showed up after hearing the shot driving down the road!
Aki is 86 years old, I had taken him out for his first elk 30 years ago near Fernie, I trust his word.
As for what other hunters are saying what is going on around your camp, apparently the CO's are going to pay a few visits.

curt
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
wow elkmaster that just put a whole new spin on things i'm going for the popcorn this could be good from here on out. For the record as for a sharing goes absolutely i would share with my partner even if he couldnt make that trip good partners are hard to find keeping good partners is worth half my game meat any day!!:)

TPB
10-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Just when you think the post dies it gets kick started and like curt said might be time for the popcorn

BlacktailStalker
10-14-2010, 10:01 PM
[quote=hunter1947;752739]Some times it does not pay off to hunt with another hunter ,I hooked up with a friend to hunt with for the morning.

:-? Total different story that Aki told me, He had shot it and you showed up after hearing the shot driving down the road!
Aki is 86 years old, I had taken him out for his first elk 30 years ago near Fernie, I trust his word.
As for what other hunters are saying what is going on around your camp, apparently the CO's are going to pay a few visits.

Arky is a blatant liar.
He's also a p.o.s IMO, I saw first hand how H47 was helping him one year, Arky even asked him to check up on him from time to time.
I know exactly what happened and how it went down.
H47 is as honest as they come and as far as COs paying a visit, let them, nothing goes on in his camp that shouldnt and you're a bloody fool for assuming/stating that.

For the record there were 3 guys from that camp hunting THAT spot every a.m and p.m and that one day Arky got there first, he saw the other guys parked there and clearly felt there was a reason for it.
There was a couple good bucks coming out from time to time and that was their intended purpose.
Another guy heard a bull raking trees one evening and saw the fresh sign in the mud and H47 went the next day to scout him out.

For you to say these things about a man who went out of his way over the last few years to ensure Arky got his meat and even give him some of his (H47's) OWN elk, is purely ignorant.
H47 has (had) the utmost respect for him, being his age and still making it in there all these years being the age his is.
He was proud to call him a friend, look at his past videos of Arky and how he talks about him and how happy he was when he pulled his whitetail out etc etc

Bottom line though, your post infuriates me and from behind your keyboard you're slandering several guys who have been in that camp.
I'd love to see you press these accusations or imply whatever it is you're trying to imply now, in person.
Why pussy foot around, what are you getting at ?

If not, I'll be there next year, feel free to stop on in.

r106
10-14-2010, 10:09 PM

Oh boy here we go

sawmill
10-15-2010, 04:46 AM
What BTS says is true,Wayne helped that guy out a lot in previous hunts and Wayne is dead honest.He called me when he was in town on the long weekend and we talked for half an hour about this.As a matter of fact he made me promise not to slander Arky on this site ,not even mention his name.But now the cat is out of the bag.You honestly think a guy who damn near lives in the bush for all season would be cruising roads waiting to hear shots and running in to bum meat?
And as for you "elk master" you want to be goddamn carefull about your accusations and who you slander.
Siccing the CO`s on a guy for ..........what reason?Got anything to say that backs up your bullshit or are you just an ignorant,jealous asshat?
Feel free to visit me anytime ,only 15 minutes away.

BimmerBob
10-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Oh Oh is right, IBTL

The Hermit
10-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Having met Wayne a number of times, and having had the pleasure of hunting with him a couple times, I simply can not imagine anything about him that would be of any interest to a CO, except perhaps if the CO needed some help or advice.

If you have anything to say ElkMaster get it out in a straightforward way not these accusatory insinuations!

Jagermeister
10-15-2010, 05:06 AM
And as Michael Buffer would say, "Lets get ready to Rummmmmbbbble!"

Come one, come all
to the
"Bash in the Bush"
Being staged in the East Kootenays
Subscribe to this thread
for further details,
time and location to be announced!

farside
10-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Hmmm! I am with Andy and others on this one. Look back and you will see the video of Wayne and Arky. Fairly good indication of what a helpful gentleman Wayne is.

As far as any shinanigans in Waynes camp that would even merit a visit from a CO - GIVE ME A BREAK!! Seriously silly!

We all make idiots of our selves and behave poorly at some point in our lives. Some of us man/woman up and admit it and some like to dig the hole deeper. How deep is the hole the Arky is standing in I wonder?

Digging deep and deflecting - lol

burger
10-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Lets give elkmaster the chance to give some insight into what he said. Like you said Sawmill H47 posted no names and was being respectful but elkmaster changed all that. So if you have proof of wrongdoing in a camp call it in if not button it.

Kody94
10-15-2010, 08:14 AM
I heard a story this year about a guy in his '80s that shot a big bull in the area that Wayne hunts. According to the story, he found a lady "range rider" to help him get the elk to his vehicle and she helped get it loaded and escorted him all the way out to the highway.

Any chance its the same incident?

Marc
10-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I was In camp with wayne for the first week on the elk rifle season, it was just your normal hunting camp and nothing to hide. If the CO's want to talk to me you know how to get ahold of me but there is nothing to tell really.

It's a sad situation that this had to turn sour. When I was there Wayne had mentioned that he was going to go out and cut some fire wood for the guy and help him find a deer again this year.

Everything about Wayne is above the board and he has nothing to worry about with a visit from the CO's, must be some frustrated hunters out there to call the CO on someone because Wayne is helping a few people find an animal. He's not guiding as I'm sure that is what they are accusing him of for putting people on animals because he enjoys seeing people succeeding. He even told me when we were hunting together if we see an elk I want you to shoot it as u get just as much pleasure seeing another person getting an animal.

It was just a bunch of friends in camp having a good time. The only thing that Wayne is guilty of is having to many friends.

rocksteady
10-15-2010, 09:08 AM
[quote=hunter1947;752739]:-? Total different story that Aki told me, He had shot it and you showed up after hearing the shot driving down the road!

Elkmaster, since you seem to be in the know, can you please relate the story as it was told to you....

Wayne has told his side of the story...You said he is lying....Not fair as a) you were not there b) You are taking the other parties story as the truth....

As far as the implied threat about the CO's coming to visit Wayne, as I say again, you seem to be in the know, lay it on the table....

I have met Wayne several times, as well as reading his posts/PM's on this site and HIGHLY DOUBT that he is in any sort of contravention.....Spill your guts...Don't make blind accusations and then log off....

Being that Wayne is so helpful to others, I would not doubt there is allegations of "non licenced guiding", however we all do that for friends/family/other hunters...."I saw a buck over in this block the night before last, go there and set up here,......"...Not guiding if there is no financial compensation, its called the brotherhood of hunting....

Jagermeister
10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Next thing we know, some guide will be involved.

BlacktailStalker
10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Whats funny is the lady who caped this guys elk out (wrong) IS A GUIDE.
Her and her husband were camped out in there as well, less than a km from where the bull was shot by Arky.

averagejoe
10-15-2010, 01:22 PM
dun dun dunn

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I heard a story this year about a guy in his '80s that shot a big bull in the area that Wayne hunts. According to the story, he found a lady "range rider" to help him get the elk to his vehicle and she helped get it loaded and escorted him all the way out to the highway.

True ,you are right.

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
I have most all of this hunt on video I and Arky going over to his bull to see how big it is ,do I have to prove it all by posting this video up ,if so it will tell all.

This little old man called Arky is not what I thought he was ,I saw what he was really made out of this year just under the skin.

After what I did for him last year giving him a quarter of my elk and taking him out to get his WT deer ,it goes to show me what he is really made up from not even considering giving me one back strap if I caped and got this elk out for him.

I asked for a quarter from the front he said no ,then I said just a back strap would be good ,he said no.

I won't do all that work so he can give it to his friends that did nothing to get this elk out of the bush..

And you members that think I am guiding your all wrong ,I love helping others and love having people in my camp during hunting season.

It is easy to sit behind the key board and say things that aren't true.

I have nothing to worry about from any CO or whatever because I did nothing wrong ,just having fun with other friends in my camp is what hunting is all about.

It was this man little old Arky that said I was guiding for money what a joke..

MB_Boy
10-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Wayne....I think there are A LOT of us who have been on this forum for years, some have and some haven't met you in person but sure do realize your true character and willingness to help out a fellow hunter(s). :cool: (and I stress the 's' on the end of hunter as I have seen your posts, heard guys talk of hunting with you over and over for years....so it's well documented just how often it happens.)

When I realized this thread still "had legs" I tuned in to see what was still keeping it going and had to roll my eyes at what some had posted. Ya....it's gonna be a "he said, she said" type thing but I sure wouldn't let myself get too worked up over it if I were you. (especially if you have a vid of it...:wink: )

As for illegal guiding....well I had to have a laugh at that one. You are in your camp for an extended period of time...guys come and go as not everyone can be there right through the duration that you are. BIG DEAL...so you help these buddies out and try and get them on an animal; commendable "yes"......"illegal guiding"???.....ONLY if I am missing some legal loophole that is buried so far down covered in legal "poop" that even 99% of lawyers couldn't find it. :-?

Gotta love the internet! :roll:

1/2 slam
10-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I have most all of this hunt on video I and Arky going over to his bull to see how big it is ,do I have to prove it all by posting this video up ,if so it will tell all.

This little old man called Arky is not what I thought he was ,I saw what he was really made out of this year just under the skin.

After what I did for him last year giving him a quarter of my elk and taking him out to get his WT deer ,it goes to show me what he is really made up from not even considering giving me one back strap if I caped and got this elk out for him.

I asked for a quarter from the front he said no ,then I said just a back strap would be good ,he said no.

I won't do all that work so he can give it to his friends that did nothing to get this elk out of the bush..

And you members that think I am guiding your all wrong ,I love helping others and love having people in my camp during hunting season.

It is easy to sit behind the key board and say things that aren't true.

I have nothing to worry about from any CO or whatever because I did nothing wrong ,just having fun with other friends in my camp is what hunting is all about.

It was this man little old Arky that said I was guiding for money what a joke..

He is an ignorant POS Wayne. We've never met but I would be happy if we did. What I've read here over the years tell me that you are a stand up guy.

mijinkal
10-15-2010, 02:06 PM
He is an ignorant POS Wayne. We've never met but I would be happy if we did. What I've read here over the years tell me that you are a stand up guy.

I was just about to post the exact same thing. You seem like a great guy with great morals.
Don't worry about the guys trying to ruin your fall, things will even out for them eventually.

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Wayne....I think there are A LOT of us who have been on this board for years, some have and some haven't met you in person but sure do realize your true character and willingness to help out a fellow hunter(s). :cool: (and I stress the 's' on the end of hunter as I have seen your posts, heard guys talk of hunting with you over and over for years....so it's well documented just how often it happens.)

When I realized this thread still "had legs" I tuned in to see what was still keeping it going and had to roll my eyes at what some had posted. Ya....it's gonna be a "he said, she said" type thing but I sure wouldn't let myself get too worked up over it if I were you. (especially if you have a vid of it...:wink: )

As for illegal guiding....well I had to have a laugh at that one. You are in your camp for an extended period of time...guys come and go as not everyone can be there right through the duration that you are. BIG DEAL...so you help these buddies out and try and get them on an animal; commendable "yes"......"illegal guiding"???.....ONLY if I am missing some legal loophole that is buried so far down covered in legal "poop" that even 99% of lawyers couldn't find it. :-?

Gotta love the internet! :roll:

You are so right ,It is the pits that I have to come home to see stuff like this on this thread of mine and have to defend myself.

And yes I have 3 more friends coming up to hunt with me in Nov ,one is my best friend that I have been friends with from the age of 10 ,the other two one is his older brother and the other is an old friend I commercial fished with and grew up with.

These two others I mentioned where the finders of this hunting area 35 years ago ,will be nice to have them in camp once again after all the years that have passed..

urbanhermit
10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Someone who rises up, and helps others put a little meat in the freezer for no monitary or other gain, has nothing to fear or worry about from anyone.

1/2 slam
10-15-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/leaf_421.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=15742)

Would this be the guy? Sitting on your elk from last year. The one you gave HIM a quarter from?

Kody94
10-15-2010, 02:36 PM

True ,you are right.

Interesting. The story may have gotten warped a little in the re-telling, but as I was told, the little old man in question led the lady to believe he was from outside of the area, didn't really know where he was, and was just driving around when the big bull elk popped out.

trigger
10-15-2010, 02:44 PM
UN FRIKKEN BELIEVABLE.

wayne keep your chin up buddy.

obviuosly if people are so blind to see what kind of a genuine and true friend you have been to arky, myself, and all the others that join you in what i like to call a little peice of paradise. Then they arent worth the charmin extra soft they wipe there ass with.

Dont let this get you down.

In years past we have openly invited the cos to stop in for a visit and a coffee.
Im sure if thy thought there were illegal activities they would have been by allready.

Get out there and drop a ball dragger my man.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/trigger22/elk/IMG_1519.jpg

sawmill
10-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Well ,I just got home from work and I see "elk master" has not got the balls to respond to his ridiculous accusations.Hasn`t come by to visit me either.Probably a good thing,I don`t want to spend my golden years in William Head Pen.
I was so mad this morning that I was just vibrating.Came in handy though,I had a lot of big ,heavy stuff to carry today.
TGIF ya`all:mrgreen:

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 03:22 PM
All I want out of this thread is for all to be cool http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif I know the real story and that is all that counts to me.

Lets just let things slide on things that have been said on this thread or if not I would like Marc to lock it out ,Thanks to all ,H-47 http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif..

BigBuck155
10-15-2010, 03:25 PM
man thats gotta suck... good looking bull taken right from you

stitch
10-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Well ,I just got home from work and I see "elk master" has not got the balls to respond to his ridiculous accusations.Hasn`t come by to visit me either.Probably a good thing,I don`t want to spend my golden years in William Head Pen.
I was so mad this morning that I was just vibrating.Came in handy though,I had a lot of big ,heavy stuff to carry today.
TGIF ya`all:mrgreen:
You sound surprised.....most guys that tend to spout off while behind the keyboard are the same guys that will do it in a crowd where things will get broken up before it even starts...typical. I'd love to see someone with something black under the eye that soap and water won't wash off...and Sawmill...after your earlier post I think "YO DA MAN"!

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/leaf_421.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=15742)

Would this be the guy? Sitting on your elk from last year. The one you gave HIM a quarter from?

Yes you are Correct..

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
UN FRIKKEN BELIEVABLE.

wayne keep your chin up buddy.

obviuosly if people are so blind to see what kind of a genuine and true friend you have been to arky, myself, and all the others that join you in what i like to call a little peice of paradise. Then they arent worth the charmin extra soft they wipe there ass with.

Dont let this get you down.

In years past we have openly invited the cos to stop in for a visit and a coffee.
Im sure if thy thought there were illegal activities they would have been by allready.

Get out there and drop a ball dragger my man.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/trigger22/elk/IMG_1519.jpg

Scott I hope James Barber the CO does drop into my camp for a visit and I can tell him the hole story about my activities in where I hunt.

James did drop in one day at my camp but I was spike camping it in my truck somewhere in no mans land..

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Like I said before I am happy Arky got this fine bull good for him http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Its the meat thing that I did not like ,I'm not going to go to all that work getting out the meat if I can't even have a spoon full of meat to eat from this bull , I asked him how he was going to deal with getting this animal out of the bush he said he can get help.

When I heard that he could get help I said good luck and left http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

sparkymacker
10-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes you are Correct..

Oh that is just pathetic Wayne .... how can a guy live that long and still be that stupid?

ACE
10-15-2010, 04:22 PM

I called this bull out from my right he came right out to my friend ,bang bang ,I was in the wrong place ,wrong time.

Earlier post.......your road, you yelling at driver, you mad....whining on this site.

Now....your bull, you having words with your friend, you unhappy, and still whining about it all on this forum.

Let me know where in 'your' province you are going next, and which of 'your' roads you will be on, etc........do not want to be in 'your' way, in any way......

Trapper
10-15-2010, 04:26 PM
I've had the pleasure to meet Wayne on several occasions,He has to be one of the nicest guys that i have ever met,he is 100% genuine and takes great pleasure in helping out his fellow hunters.You should be honored to met such a great guy.

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Earlier post.......your road, you yelling at driver, you mad....whining on this site.

Now....your bull, you having words with your friend, you unhappy, and still whining about it all on this forum.

Let me know where in 'your' province you are going next, and which of 'your' roads you will be on, etc........do not want to be in 'your' way, in any way......

Thats what you call defending myself LOL :lol::lol:.

BimmerBob
10-15-2010, 04:56 PM

That is NOT called for, at all. I don't recall Wayne ever saying it was "his bull" just that a hunter he helped get a bull was unwilling to share the spoils of the hunt. I agree with Wayne on this one and if past posts and experience are anything have NEVER seen Wayne to be anything but a gentleman.

burger
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
man thats gotta suck... good looking bull taken right from you

See the from what I understand the bull wasn't taken but instead was harvstedwith the help of H47 and when it came time to be equitable one of the parties crapped the bed.

Am I close!!:mrgreen:

rocksteady
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
[quote=hunter1947;764901]All I want out of this thread is for all to be cool http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif I know the real story and that is all that counts to me.

quote]

We want it to be cool too, just don't like it when someone accuses one of our best posters, as well as a hell of a gentleman, of something dishonorable.....

You are an urban legend of HBC and we will defend you, hell #1fishslayer may come down and choke the "bad mouther" out in person, if Sawmill leaves anything to be choked out :mrgreen:

Marc
10-15-2010, 05:44 PM
On the request of the originator of this thread it's now time to lock it down as nothing good is going to come from name calling or threatening one another.