PDA

View Full Version : boston bar

buckwild76
09-25-2010, 10:17 PM
anybody know anything about the boston bar/anderson creek area for mulies/blacktail? No specifics required, maybe just some general info would be muchly appreciated. Thanx

tackdriver
09-25-2010, 10:53 PM
its been a few years since ive hunted in the boston bar area but the last time i did go up there we seen 14 deer in one day and i shot a little fella just before dark. so yes they are there for sure go have a look lots of areas to hunt. good luck.

aliagha
09-25-2010, 11:14 PM
boston bar has been very popular amongst hunter for a long time now. its good muley and very good bear country, small game around as well. I'd say that pick a nice sunny day and head out there , its worth the time.

Big Lew
09-26-2010, 07:59 AM
The upper Anderson watershed had been good for me several years ago, but most of the original logging has grown up. I have seen wolves, moose, black bear, mulies, grouse, and one gnarly old blacktail buck. There are some newer slashes lower down and to the east, so if you can get into the ones on the east, I see no reason that you wouldn't have a good chance. If you are able to gain access to the top sub-alpine from the old logging system, some big deer call this home, (you can look down on the coq.) but it would be a lot of hard work....a bit too much for me now-a-days unless the old road is still fairly open for walking. You can drive (4x4 preferred) until crossing a bridge, turn right and up, going until another bridge, turn right and go until having to use your boots, going left and then left again and up. At the end of this track, you head straight up a exposed rock access along a small stream, and in a few minutes you gain access to the sub-alpine.
Once you cross the first bridge, if you turn left, the road goes for many miles, with several off-shoots. You come into many roads along a major powerline, and eventually comes out in the Fraser canyon. Be warned, you need a full gas tank, and extra gear in case you get lost, break down, or get trapped by falling trees, or washouts...it's a big area.

takla1
09-26-2010, 09:20 AM
big lews right about accessing the alpin,can be a pain in the a ss.we hunted up there quite a few years ago and found lots of deer runs that go way up the slashes then hit one certain altitude about three quRTERS THE WAY TO THE TOP and run into a jungle of brush.the deer have tunnels into this stuff and you have to get tru it to get into the alpine.well you better be in shape and like crawling on your hands and knees cause thats the only way in!took us about an hour to get tru but it absolutly beatiful up top and holds lots of big deer!

David Heitsman
09-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I cross the Fraser and go north past the Nahatlach and into Koiweek (SP?).
Have taken a goat and bear and seen good bucks in the alpine in July and August but not in September.

The dummies have de-activated the roads and pulled the bridges now so you'll get wet 2 - 3 times and have to walk about 10 k before you start to climb whereas a few years ago you could drive or ATV to within a couple hours hike to the alpine.

Lot's of G bears there too. Of course there hasn't been a season there
in 10 years.

buckwild76
09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
thanks alot for the info guys, just thinking about checking it out next weekend. Good luck to everyone and be safe!