PDA

View Full Version : Moose/Caribou Combo Hunt

bill biggs
09-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey guys,
My first time posting to the board, but I have been gathering some top notch hunting information from you guys for several years. I'm planning a last minute late season moose hunt in region 6. I managed to get a couple weeks off work, which is rare, and I don't want to waste the opportunity. I am hoping to hunt for moose and some Caribou, and had originally planned to head for the Dease Lake area, but some of the research I'm doing shows some pretty good prospects up in 7B. I know a lot of you guys have some pretty good experience in both areas and am looking for some help picking an area to head to. Thanks for reading,

Bill

Sitkaspruce
09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Reg 6 has no antler restrictions and lots of Bou, it does have FN issues in some areas and access can be a problem. You will be fighting the weather if you go late as winter comes fast up there.

7B has the antler restrictions and not as many bou, but access is easier, there is excellent elk and deer and not as many FN issues. Weather can be the same.

If I was to go, I would get my butt up to Dease areas ASAP and get in on the moose rut and some pretty good caribou action, but do not leave it to late.

My 2cents

Cheers

SS

chilcotin hillbilly
09-26-2010, 06:33 AM
I to would go to Dease lake. Good moose , caribou and little pressure. Go north of Dease Lake and you may avoid the FN problems.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Caribou will be getting stinky pretty soon.

SSS

Kalum
09-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Dease lake area for sure... i'm headed to 7b so the less folks going there the better :)