PDA

View Full Version : Spur of the moment hunting

sawmill
09-25-2010, 06:01 AM
So this week my wife convinced me to hunting when I got home Monday from work and sure enough,at 7 PM I got a beauty dry cow elk.Damn near killed us getting out of the bush!
When I got home from work last night I was tired from what seemed like a 10 day week.All I wanted to do was run the mower around the yard quickly,have a shower and supper.Wifey`s brother called and asked if we were going hunting tonight and I said NO!Took me 10 seconds to re-think my position and so we picked him up and headed out for a quick evening looky loo.
Sure enough at 7 PM she nailed a HUGE cow but thank god it was uphill and we had her tough brother with us,I dropped the guts pretty quick,down hill drag to the truck,used a come along to load her whole and homefree!First time her Bro has ever seen an animal harvested,I think I made another hunter!Espesially when we got home we we pigged out on the deer sausage he helped me make last weekend.:mrgreen:
Last minute/spur of the moment hunts seem to be working real well for us this year.
Anybody else notice that when you change your mind at the last second it seems to be "THE" day?

Stone Sheep Steve
09-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Saying "No" to hunting is like saying "No" to sex...... It just ain't right:?.

Glad you realized your erroneous thought process, Sawmill!:wink:

That's it! I moving to the East Koots!

SSS

sawmill
09-25-2010, 06:22 AM

SSS

There is 180 listings in Kimberley,buyers market right now!

Everett
09-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Congrats to your wife Joe uphill from the truck thats a smart woman. Going to try and hook a buddy from the Coast up tonight he is passing through on his way to Alberta for business. If he comes home with a cow his wife will let him hunt more.

d6dan
09-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Congrats to the wifey for shooting her elk and up hill too.:-D. So whats next Sawmill??. Still going to go to hunter47's camp?..Your on a roll so don't stop.:wink:.

yamadirt 426
09-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Sounds more like shooting than hunting in your area. Any work out your way ? Great job :)

sawmill
09-25-2010, 09:57 AM
It`s just pure ass luck!With a bit of knowing where you might have a chance.I`m in hock with the butcher though!:mrgreen:

Bowzone_Mikey
09-25-2010, 10:05 AM
there is never spur of the moment hunting .... from august 15 to june 15 my hunting gear is always ready to go .... Its that damned things called life and work that keep getting in the way

TPB
09-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Damn Joe you said you werent going out no matter what she says, i guess it doesnt matter what you think eh? :D Congrats to you and your wife, ill call you later about going out tomorrow.

sawmill
09-25-2010, 12:55 PM
You got it pal!

BearSniper
09-25-2010, 06:51 PM
"Its that damned things called life and work that keep getting in the way .."

Isn't that the truth :?

I find that good hunters and outdoorspersons are also good workers and family people. So to squeeze in quality outdoor time, you really have to manage well and/or take the loved ones along in the bush.

Why can't we be like in Germany where the labour law allows 3 months off paid per year ? [few Germans actually take that much though]

troutseeker
09-25-2010, 06:58 PM

SSS

I wonder what you'll call that vineyard in Kimberley?:-D

Stone Sheep Steve
09-26-2010, 07:06 AM
I wonder what you'll call that vineyard in Kimberley?:-D

I don't know what you'd call it but the vineyard workers wouldn't have to deal with rattlesnakes......just grizzly bears!

SSS