PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts, some thanks, some insight, some excitement...

Ian F.
05-07-2006, 03:46 AM
Where to start...

Well I guess the best place would be a thank you to the moderators/owners of this forum for not only providing a place for people of like minds to get together, but more importantly to moderate the discussion and to show that they do moderate, and if one goes beyond the warning there are concequences.

Yes it might seem strange to be thankful for this, but it speaks volumes!

I've been involved with internet hunting forums since the late 90's and have seen some very very nasty things go on over the years and almost all to the one could have been averted had the rules of the forums been enforced equally too all. So when I come to a new forum in a place I'm estatic about moving to, and see they follow their own rules I think that's great!

The welcome I've had here is second to none and truly overshines the sidebar that went on. A couple of guys from HBC have already offered to show me around once we get settled and others have been unbelievably generous with their information.

Although big game is behind waterfowl for me now I still look with interest at the posts about bears as of late and I'm sure there will be some cool stuff come fall for elk, moose, deer, sheep and goats and more. One HBC member was so kind as to send me some pictures of where he was hunting just so I could see the area and what it was like. We chatted a bit about how most hunt in BC (spot and stalk) which is soo different then bear hunting in the east (over bait) and different is good!

A viewpoint from a new guy just on his way to town, you have a great forum here with great folks, and it is the later that makes the former. I'll do my best to be included in that group as well. Once I get set up, my shop is open and there are only 2 rules,
1. Pass it on,
2. Help will be provided to all who are first willing to help themselves.

So if carving a decoy, building a boat, or making a recurve (ya I've built a couple of those too) is in your desire or curiosity, just say the word. There will always be agendas, and usually the person pushing them is so passionate about their cause that they loose clarity of the bigger picture.

Quite often the delivery of the message can often overshadow the message itself.

We expect to arrive around June 24-25th, and yes the countdown is on!

Very best,

Ian

Boo
05-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Ian, Welcome to HuntingBC!

Marc runs a good site here and it is always pleasurable to visit.

As you are moving to BC I would also like to invite you to come visitHUNTSHOOT.com (http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/index.php) as well. The two forums, HuntingBC and HuntShoot, work closely together and you will see a number of members who belong to both sites.

Freshtracks
05-07-2006, 11:06 AM
First off, a true westcoast welcome to you and the family Ian. Second I applaude you for a great post, you'll truly be a great addition to HuntBC.

Lastly ... you mentioned decoy carving, could you add me to your contact list, I'm sure we could chat a bit over the subject. See you in June.

John

Foxer
05-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Although big game is behind waterfowl for me

I see where you're going - buy one of those russian over under 12 guage/30-06's, shoot the waterfowl and THEN shoot the big game standing behind it!!!

Good plan!! :) Just explain it carefully to the dog, you wouldn't want him to sprain something trying to drag back a moose...

CanAm500
05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the site!!

I just signed up for huntshoot.com

MB_Boy
05-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Great post Ian........and welcome!! Enjoy the forum and look forward to hearing more from you.

Bow Walker
05-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Good to see another new member here Ian, welcome to the site. I think you will find the winters a wee tad milder than back in NB. Not to mention a wee bit shorter as well.

Looking forward to your posts and comments.

Dan.

elkster
05-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Ian,
A warm welcome to B.C. I look forward to your posts, and I'll look forward to your posts once your here. It will be interesting to see a new prospective on our province. Fresh eyes, fresh views.

lip_ripper00
05-07-2006, 09:13 PM
aaaawwww christ how can I hijack this thread?:lol: Welcome and enjoy your stay :biggrin:

Dano
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
You may as well close that door to the Maritimes because we know you won't be going back once you come out here!
See you when you get here Ian.
Dano

Elkhound
05-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Welcome again Ian. And another plug for Huntshoot. Both sites are great