PDA

View Full Version : Tatonka pack

Centerfire
09-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I just picked up a Tatoka external frame pack on the weekend. I am very excited to give it its first test in the bush. I know there are packs out there that others prefer like the Wilderness Wanderer or the NICE system, but price was an issue.

The Tatonka frame and pack was listed at $250 at a store here in North Vancouver so I went to check it out. I noticed that the store was having a sale and so I got 20% off which brought the price down to $200. :-D

-Centerfire

wlbc
09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I ordered in a Cabela's pack and was very disappointed with it. One of the guys at the local sporting goods store suggested the Tatonka Lastenkraxen (or something like that). It's an external frame pack and I could get it in before I needed it.

We tagged out on elk and I was packing elk quarters every day off the mountains we were hunting. I think you will be pleased. Mine carried a lot of weight over rough ground and distributed the load well. I would buy another.

quadrakid
09-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I,m not experienced with a lot of the good packs but i do like my tatonka laxenwhatever. 200 bucks is a great price for frame and bag.

SR80
09-23-2010, 09:14 PM
yah for the price it seems like a good pack. I havent used mine yet but probably this season for sure

pmj
09-24-2010, 02:10 AM
I store and use my brothers Tatonka. I have put 120 lbs of chain in it and taken it for a walk around the neighbourhood. It is nice and solid. I find it to be a good pack for a reasonable price.
Make sure you take time to try out all the adjustments including which body size to set it on. I found it was lacking external pocket so I have bought one to add on. I also have a tendancy to pack it so it is really tall. The added pouch will help bring it down in height.
Enjoy your Tatonka, I have.

Brambles
09-24-2010, 06:41 AM
They are a good solid pack, pretty comfortable too, I have one that I keep as a spare but I used it for a few years and had some pretty heavy loads in it upwards of 150lbs. It has developed a squeek from where the bag slips over the frame, over time the paint polishes down and the friction between the the bag pulled tight over the frame and the weight moving causes a slight groany creak.

Other than that, NO complaints.