PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on a rest????

lp270win
09-22-2010, 07:20 PM
I just ordered a new pse bowmadness xs and have got the sight I want but can't decide whether I want a whisker biscuit or a drop away. I'm scared with the WB that I'll be replacing to many vanes. Im torn right now and any advice would help!!!:confused:

LP

MikeH
09-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I've got a WB love it does burn vanes but I shoot daily arrows get pretty beat up.I haven't replace many vanes they do get rippled you can fix that with a BIC lighter just warm up vanes they go straight .the reason I like the WB can nock a arrow and walk with it.Can't comment on drop away never used it one day i'll give it a go.I try to limit the mechanical parts as Archery today has a lot of moving parts.As of now will be staying with the WB.

Jonas111
09-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Get a QAD or code red drop away and you won't be upset if you set it up right.

Laurence_Erickson
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I use a quad rest and love it ,youcan knock an arrow and walk if you must.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-22-2010, 11:08 PM
PM inbound

hardnocks
09-23-2010, 06:35 AM
I have used drop aways pretty much since i started archery . I haven`t seen anything i like as much as a trophy taker .

But i just put on a WB on my hunting bow for two reasons .

1...It holds your arrow much better then the forks on a containment
drop away .
2...I want to work on my form . To shoot well with a WB you must hold your form longer then with a drop away .

As soon as 3d season comes around the TT is going back on.

.330 Dakota
09-23-2010, 07:07 AM
I like the Wisker B

jrjonesy
09-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Another vote for Trophy Taker drop aways.

Bow Walker
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
The Q.A.D. rests are awesome. The W.B. works well too. Both hold the arrows in a hunting situation and you won't lose any appreciable speed with a WB, what with shooting that PSE.

But I'd advise having a hard look at the Q.A.D. rests - or other fall away rests of the same design. I think you will be pleased.

Ike
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
If you go with the QAD I would suggest one of the higher end models, and you might need the adapter bracket (check on their website to be sure).

I have a QAD Hunter on my PSE Axe 6 and the rest does not seem to drop fast enough, I can't tune fletching contact out (not bounce back). I spoke with the QAD tech and he said the higher end models should work better with the fast bows.
As for a replacement I looked at the offereings and decided on a Trophy Taker Smackdown which is in the mail, hopefully it is all they say it is.
Cheers

358win
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
With the right sized WB and a little dab of glue in front of your vanes and of course nock vane up you should have no problems.

wolverine
09-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Everybody has their favorite but I shoot a whisker biscuit and love it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Tenacious Billy
09-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I have a Ripcord fall-away rest....love it.

lp270win
09-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks EVERYONE for their input! Mike............ thanks for the PM! I've decided on the QAD pro hunter HD and I think im gonna love it. I cant believe this site....................ask a question and answers and input are not long to follow. Thanks so much guys!!

Laurence

Bow Walker
09-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Good choice. Take your time setting it up and do the walk-back tuning. You'll be golden.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks EVERYONE for their input! Mike............ thanks for the PM! I've decided on the QAD pro hunter HD and I think im gonna love it. I cant believe this site....................ask a question and answers and input are not long to follow. Thanks so much guys!!

Laurence

That is a great choice ... I have set up a few for friends

Jonas111
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Laurence

You won't be disappointed with your choice. I have one on my hunting bow and I really like how it contains the arrow and it is quiet too.

Ike
09-24-2010, 09:57 PM
I forgot to mention that I do like the QAD, it has a lot of great features for hunting and if I had the top model I wouldn't be looking to change. The rest shoots fairly accurately and consistently out to 80m even with the contact, I just know it can be better so it is going on my slow bow.
Cheers

xtremearchery
09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
WB or QAD Ultra. Love them both. Sell these more than any other rest. We've been finding with the speed bows, drop aways are performing awesome. I shoot the PSE AXE-6 like Ike. The Qad is a perfect rest for that setup. Ike. Qud will send you a different spacer block and bolt for free. This will correct the problem you're having with your bow. I shoot the same rig as you plus Most of my PSE buddies that shoot pro use the Qad rest with their axe. nothing but success. so before u spend more money on another rest, give that a try. I promise it will work.

lnelson
10-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Over the years I have shot prong rests, flipper / plunger combos, drop aways and several whisker biscuits. For hunting and anything other than real long distance target shooting I have found the new Trophy Ridge whisker biscuits to be tough to beat. The fully machined and adjustable housing is bomber. I still shoot 6" groups at 50 yards, no moving parts to fail and I get full containment. If you shoot Blazer vanes you will have NO problems with fletching wear. I have 100's of shots out of arrows through my biscuit and the blazers are still in perfect shape. The drop aways are nice I just don't like having to worry about the activation cord slipping or getting out of time, bearings getting frozen or jammed with dirt or pine needles. All that said they can all be made to work.